• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

ebevan91

I'd probably agree, but at the same time, I'd tell them that it's none of their ****ing business what I play.

fergy3

Experienced
I get asked this alot. But mainly nobody from my school knows. Just my family and my cousins who I play it with. I'm going to be in college soon and still playing but I dont care. I'm not going to stop just because someone thinks I'm too old. I have been playing since Yellow and Blue version and i have bought every other gen since. I will still be playing it years to come. I'm 17yrs old and still playing btw.

cptmyname

I just tell them that MLP is more popular with adult males than little girls, then call any possible argument they have invalid.

garren

kitties will rule
id say "arnt you a bit old for skyrim or any other american made video game that makes no sense?"

RivalsByNature

Lalala Not Listening
I say, "Your face," and walk away to play Pokemon.

The Wallflower

I'll tickle ur fancy
Shrug and go eh. There's people older than me who are still crazy about it. A lot of people still have kid interests, and there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't prove how mature you are or not.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I say, "Age is a state of mind!"

*instantly becomes 77* Yeah, I feel old. My back hurts all the time.

Saying 'you dont still play? then you had a rather corrupted childhood...'

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
its really not their concern.
i usually ignore them, sad they will never know how epic pkemon is.
i then mutter under my breath the game is created and tested by full grown japanese geniuses so ur argument is invalid.

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)

battle171

New Gen, Go!
I don't think it really matters. You're never too old/young for video games

Atari

Did it on 'em
The only time I ever tell people I play Pokemon is either if I know they play it, or if they're nerds and play other video games ritualistically. So usually I never get people telling me I'm too old for it...

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
I tell them that I've never let my age get in the way of doing what I want to do.

If they have a problem with it, then that really sucks for them, because I couldn't care less about their opinion. \o/