• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
my school is a hellhole where if you dont do wut the popular kids do EVERYONE will mock you. its hard not to care though, because it is EVERYONE. 2maro im wearing a pokemon t shirt with a snivy on it that says "haters gonna HATE" because that's my response to them. (im not kidding about the t shirt)

i have been told but it is what you think is what matters if you enjoy it then play it if it is your friends tell them this is what i enjoy and they should respect that

i have been told but it is what you think is what matters if you enjoy it then play it if it is your friends tell them this is what i enjoy and they should respect that

PikaCrazy

Pikapuff Trainer
I shut my eyes tight and do a big fake sneeze right in their face and wipe my nose making more noise than necessary from sniffling. Then I apologize to them by saying, "Ah I'm sorry, I'm allergic to bull****..."

^^ LMAO!!!

Honestly though, I don't really give a rat's *** what people say or think. I usually say something along the lines of:

"And?.. Its better than that lame stuff your into."

"Yes and proud of it!"

"Hey, how about you go screw yourself and your opinions." ...*grins*

"Keep on criticizing me and I will go buy a Pikachu hoodie with the pointy ears and wear it EVERYTIME I hang out with you, in PUBLIC! And you better not act like you don't know me otherwise I'll shout out your name while talking in pikachu!" ...My friend knew I was dead serious.

I insult call of duty because it pisses them off.

I say: Well, I dunno what's more childish, playing something that makes you happy, or *****ing about being "too old" for something.

Kacho

You are next.
I will start telling them about the complicated mathematical game mechanics despite I don't play THAT hardcore.

/nerd out

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
"Well, can your dog help you defeat a team of intergalactic gangsters?"

.....No? I didn't think so.

i say: 'i guess, i am...' and wet myself like the little six year old girl i am.

on a more serious note, i never have had anyone told me i was, and if they did, it's not like they'd be wrong. but it's not like i would stop playing just because of that, they're just merely stating something that's pretty much true and known, nothing more.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Everyone I know who knows I play the games has no issue with it. If anyone cared that much then I'd just tell them to get a life anyways.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
My friends do know I play Pokèmon, so I don't care.
If someone else says me "Pokèmon is for kids" or stuff like that, I say them "Doing your business never gets old, huh?"

Lucariolover22

Aura Master
I would also tell then to cry me a river, build me a bridge and do us a favor and jump off it.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
"Innocence is the first aspect of being human."