• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Darkrulerjoe

You get used to it after a while. I rem watching Pokemon and playing Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow when I was a kid, then playing pokemon trading card game, then getting into yugioh...

Just respond to the person saying "It takes way more skill to play pokemon then it does to play any of the games you play" because usually it's true, if they are saying "your to old for pokemon!" then you know they are not true gamer's.

Last edited:

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!
I wouldn't give a crap, I would beh likee "Pssh biish, my life not yours ;3"

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
If they tell me that Pokemon is lame, does that count?
But I tell them that I don't care that it's lame or i'm too old.

Psyanic

( ⌐▀-▀)
I would politely tell them that it is Pokémon with an accent on the e, otherwise they would be talking about two completely different words. That only makes them sound foolish. In that case, I will calmly tell them how foolish they look with their looks of determination dedicated to downgrading the divine franchise known as Pokémon and bid them farewell as they burn in Blaine's Volcano, which serves as hell. It will only make it better if a Magmar is stroking them with its beak.

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
I would politely tell them that it is Pokémon with an accent on the e, otherwise they would be talking about two completely different words. That only makes them sound foolish. In that case, I will calmly tell them how foolish they look with their looks of determination dedicated to downgrading the divine franchise known as Pokémon and bid them farewell as they burn in Blaine's Volcano, which serves as hell. It will only make it better if a Magmar is stroking them with its beak.

Win
I usually just say "What? Oh did you say something Cos I don't tend to listen do idiots" Then give them a cheesy smile :)

firestar319

The Marauder
My response would go something like this: "I don't rape people. I don't commit crimes. I'm not addicted to drugs. Those things are so much worse than me playin pokemon at age 21. DONT JUDGE ME." Then I walk away like a boss

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)

Chrosion

#1 waifu
Who cares?

I enjoy it. That's all that matters in the end. My gran plays Wii Fit but no one says she's too old. People have this idea that Pokemon is for children. It's not. It's for gamers. Anyone can enjoy a game, no matter how old you are. Don't let other people's perceptions put you off playing/doing something you enjoy. If your friend asks again, shrug your shoulders. It's none of their business.

Took the words out of my mouth. Find something to counterattack them with if you say the above and they still say the same thing. Like if they were a teen parent, their stupidity, college/High School drop-out, etc.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
"Aren't you a little old to play pokemon?"
"Aren't you a little young to play Call of Duty?"

But seriously, both of my roommates play pokemon too. That's sorta what our sundays are.

aloquesada

My friends call me Hipster for playing pokémon, they say I still play it because it is vintage and I want to be ironic -.-
I tell them that the game has evolved and now is better than COD and all that MMORPGs :p

To the people that just says that I'm too old for that stupid game y tell "You think that Farmville or SongPoo are mature games??" they turn and go away.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
"Aren't you too old for Pokemon?"
"Aren't you too young for alcohol and smoking?"

This is me day in, day out.

Lucario Fan

I would probably say "Why do you even care?".

My 10 year old cousin told me yesterday "You're 16 and you still play Pokemon?" But, when someone tells me I'm too old, I list the things they do that I don't like, and see what they say about that.

NitroLightningFlash

The way i see it is...if kids under 18 play +18 rated games and we don't give them a hard time because of it (at least i don't), then what is the difference with older players and Pokemon?
It doesn't matter what anybody says to me; i'm not about to quit playing, just because people say i shouldn't play it, everybody's to their own and i won't change what i like for anybody-Pokemon is for all ages anyway, and if it wasn't for the older fans who were there when it all first kicked off then Pokemon may not be there today for the younger members of the (very same people who give older fans a hard time) people's families to enjoy (as Pokemon wouldn't of been as successful to begin with), so really some people should thank the older fans, but people don't think of it that way x3.

Last edited:

infernape100

Say, "Well, I must be too old to really care then"
Its such a shame people don't realise how pokemon is suitable for all ages

Schade

Metallic Wonder
"Well, you're too young to die in your sleep!"
No, I just say it is none of their buisness.