• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
That's an...interesting analogy.
5th grade for me was suddenly a No-Pokemon zone. Middle School was even more so, but suddenly at my High School people are bringing the games to school and almost everyone admits to having them somewhere. Funny how life works.

TheDarkUmbreon

I'm pretty sure everyone does something that someone else's says they are to old to do. And it's my life so if I want to play/watch pokemon then I will :D

PokemonXY

#PokemonXY
Half of the COD players aren't old enough. So I'm not breaking rules. (I'm 14). I actually don't care, I can like what I want, I'm not you.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
Thinking about this a bit, I'd probably place my hand on their shoulder and say "There there." like I'm comforting them about something. :/

emawerna

I'd smile at them and then tell them that they can discuss my love of pokemon in my eulogy. I don't drink, do drugs, or play violent video games. The day I don't get excited to see new dreamworks or pixar films or the day I don't go out and buy new pokemon games is the day I become a dull, boring adult. Why would I ever want to become one of those?

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
I'd probably tell them something along the lines of "Well, everyone has there own interest" or something like that.

Regality

Digital King
Tell them the voices in my head say otherwise.

SpoinkyPearl

I've sometimes said something like "Do you even know how hard a Pokémon game can be if you want to make it hard?" and then something about IVs and EVs and Competitive battling (I don't battle competitively or EV train my Pokémon but I know about them to make people confused) and Pokémon games don't sound childish anymore :D But yeah, I'd probably say something like that everyone has their own interests and I don't see Pokémon more childish as some other games people play.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Or I would answer something like "You're not too old to be immature, so what's the problem ?".

Terry. T.

One and Only...
In all fairness, a lot of the mathematics involved in Pokémon can't be done by little kids so now we're the right age. That is the argument I use and believe in.

Mxmeltdown

Veteran Trainer
I'm about to be 23, I still play and love the games ever since it came out in the 90s. I consider myself socially accepted and don't care what people think of me playing it. ;)

tyranitarenthusiast

my usual options:
1. and you like cod...
2. everyone is entitled to their own interests
3. explain that more people over 10 play pokemon than ten and under
4.mind your own combee-wax
5. ignore it/shrug
6. tend to your own raticate killing

Last edited:

intoadaze

I Am The Master
I always get them with this if they are my age or older, "Aren't you too old to be asking me questions about pokemon?"
Younger kids, "You will never understand how much fun pokemon was for a 90's kid".

Sara Hysaro

Nobody I've run into seems to care about my hobbies. If somebody did say something I'd probably just shrug and say, "Whatever." There's no point in arguing over silly stuff like this.

AnakBaé

Lol its like telling a middle aged lady that shes too old for a plastic surgery. Who cares. If u wanna play then you gotta play before u die and regret your decision for not playing.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Lol its like telling a middle aged lady that shes too old for a plastic surgery. Who cares. If u wanna play then you gotta play before u die and regret your decision for not playing.

I'm sure they have Pokémon in heaven! ;)

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Ask them to provide written evidence from an official source that clearly states the maximum age you are allowed to be a fan of pokemon. When they say they don't have one, mock them and their lack of legal understanding, bemoan them for speaking slanderous lies and tell them that in future maybe they should get their facts straight before they tell other people what they should and shouldn't be doing.

That is not only hilarious, I really think it gets the message across. That will beat my reply to this thread any day lol.

charizardflames

The way I see it, people are just gonna like what they like. We all happen to like Pokemon, and it's a great game and something fun to do. I just tell people age doesn't matter because it's just a fun hobby.