• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Bush Clown

Lucario Boy
Pretty much ignore them. :p
You can never be too old for what you like to do.

Ruas

I don't think it happens much these days. Everybody pretty much owns a smart-phone & must've tried once some of the popular games like Angry Birds.

Chaerolis

Vagabond
Probably just smile away and lead the conversation to another direction,
I don't make ppl wait when they're on the wrong topic with the wrong person to be wrong with.

TerraRae

Tell them that they're probably too old to be acting like such a judgemental child. I was approximately 6 the last time someone exclaimed "-insert topic here- IS FOR BABIES." :p

fitzy909

Just another guy
I usually ignore whoever's telling me that. I'm free to like whatever I like. I don't let people affect my interest in Pokemon.

That is what i like hearing. I know some people that are too embarrassed to say they like pokemon, because of everyone's opinions. I don't care. People can say what they like about me and my love of pokemon, it will never and i mean NEVER stop liking pokemon.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I don't think anyone should be ashamed of liking Pokemon, anyway in college everyone loves it!
Plus I bet you can find something to make fun of them about, but that would be cruel. But you can use it as a counter argument, there's nothing wrong with liking a franchise, even if it's not targeted at you. Some 12 year olds play Call of Duty, that's not aimed at them and they're usually the ones making fun of people who like things that are a little 'young' for them. No one's perfect, they should just leave each other alone on what they like.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
"I'm too old for Pokemon, eh? Well, mind your own business, whippersnapper. And get the hell off my lawn."

Lol, no seriously. It's more like "I don't really care if I'm 'too old'. If I'm old enough to be 'too old', I'm old enough to make my own decision about what I can like and dislike."

Bluemage21

I would just point out how it is possible that Pokemon could easily have an entire semester long college course on competitive battling and that even trying to explain it would hurt their little brains.

Nepurrty

幻想のマスター。
I usually avoid topics like that, but I'd probably laugh really hard at them and make them feel bad for acting so stupid and judgmental.

Plus, it's just a video game, so it shouldn't even matter.

Doovid

Follow me on Faceblr
"yes"

walk away and don't care

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
"Whatever dad". Exactly what I said to him when I told him I saved up all that money to buy myself a 3DSXL and Pokemon Y. Then I left to go get Pokemon Y on launch day.
Turning 18 in two months but I really don't give a damn. I know this game has a side that goes much deeper than the cutesy outlook that it projects. Even though most other people don't.

Mr.FusRoDah

I find that kind of question to be very rude, so I usually turn the tables on them and point out (works pretty good with the yokels down here) that they're a stupid backwater town hick who should be sterilized so they can stop having children with their 1st cousin.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Its better to have the mind of a child---become too much like an adult, and nothing is going to satisfy you anymore.

This is why no one should complain if we 'fail' to 'outgrow' stuff like pokemon and disney.

Life doesn't need to be any harder than it already is ya know!!