• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think about Barry's future?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I have few questions about Barry's future, and I want to hear your thoughts:

1. Which 2 more pokemon (or even 3, like Paul) do you think he will catch?
In DP version game he has also Rapidash and Snorlax.
2. Do you think we will see Barry's Gym Battle against Volkner?
3. Do you think we will see him in the next/final Team Galactic's appearance?
4. Do you think Ash will beat him in the Sinnoh League? (I think yes).

milenadrg

Hm, I doubt Barry's going to have a next apperance in TG episode, but I would like to see him in Gym Battle against Volkner. I doubt he's going to win, maybe some random trainer or Ash or Paul will beat him, but I beilive he's introduced in Anime just because of Palmer(who will be a wery possibly a Johto Brain)...

Torpoleon

1. He probably already has Rapidash which we just haven't seen him with. Anyways, he should catch a Munchlax which evolves after he loses in the Sunyshore Gym.
2. Nah. I don't think we would.
3. Yes! He was there in the games so why not let him be theere in the anime?
4. Yes! It would be a close match though.

I have another new question!
5. When do you think Barry will appear again?
I think he'll appear at Spear Pillar. May be Lake Acuity if TG doesn't interrupt the Ash VS Paul battle then Paul leaves, Barry shows up and so does TG.

victreebel007

1. Rapidash and Snorlax just like the games
2. No, we haven't seen the others why this one
3. There is a pretty good chance
4. If they face each other then yes

milenadrg

Oh, I have to answer on questions, OK:
1. I think he's going to have a strong Ponyta and Munchlax at Sinnoh saga and in Johto BF saga, they will evolove...
2. Yes! It's boring watching only Purple Haired Kid doing them...
3. He already had an TG episode apperance, we don't need another one...
4. I doubt ASH (or Paul) will beat him, but I think some random trainer will do that...

Torpoleon

1. I think he's going to have a strong Ponyta and Munchlax at Sinnoh saga and in Johto BF saga, they will evolove...
2. Yes! It's boring watching only Purple Haired Kid doing them...
3. He already had an TG episode apperance, we don't need another one...
4. I doubt ASH (or Paul) will beat him, but I think some random trainer will do that...
How come Ash or Paul wont beat him? I think both Ash and Paul are stronger than Barry.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I can definitely see Ash beating Barry, but it'd be down to his Empoleon. I reckon his other two Pokémon are like the game, Rapidash and Snorlax. I also think we'll next see him at Lake Acuity, but that's just a hunch.

Torpoleon

It would be either Ash or Paul who'd beat Barry. It doesn't matter to me who beats Barry, but I'd recommend that it be Paul because we have seen Ash VS Barry and we haven't seen Paul VS Barry. It would be cool for Bary to lose to someone he favors.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
1. Barry will catch a muscle-releated disease from being such a spastic. He'll care for it and love it and teach it special breed-only attacks like Cramp Up (hits with recoil) or Heart Attack (has 30% paralysis rate).

2. Wait, I thought Barry and Volkner were the same guy? Then again, it may just be my natural ability to see all blonde people as one demonic being with a bazillion clones. I don't discriminate, folks.

3. Why do you ask? Do you believe Dialga and Palkia will make a pun out of Barry's dub name and try to eat him? Or at least spread him on a peanut butter sandwich?

4. Assuming "Sinnoh League" is some of fancy word for a 200 yard sprint, then no.

JD

Ummm
Barry is pretty weak overall so ash or paul will definetly beat him

TrainerCasey

~Johto Fanatic~
Barry probably wont have a great Sinnoh finish but I think he'll start to follow Ash and the gang around in the Battle Frontier eps. Then we can build a relationship with him and see the rivalry with his father.
That would make it very interesting.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

Do you think Barry will stay also in Johto battle frontier saga?
But how? Ash can't have rivals in this saga...
Barry's appearances need to end in Sinnoh...

Squaaah

Do you think Barry will stay also in Johto battle frontier saga?
But how? Ash can't have rivals in this saga...
Barry's appearances need to end in Sinnoh...

Why can't Ash have a rival in the BF? I think it would be pretty cool if Barry become Ash's BF rival.

Also, I seriously hope Barry has Rapidash! I wanna see that thing in battle!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Why can't Ash have a rival in the BF? I think it would be pretty cool if Barry become Ash's BF rival.

Also, I seriously hope Barry has Rapidash! I wanna see that thing in battle!

Ash can't have a rival in BF saga because there is no league that thay will finish in it the rivaly between them.
And about Rapidash- I also want to see him finally in a pokemon battle!!

Squaaah

Ash can't have a rival in BF saga because there is no league that thay will finish in it the rivaly between them.
And about Rapidash- I also want to see him finally in a pokemon battle!!

They could still compete over who gets the final frontier symbol first. They wouldn't need a full 6 on 6 battle to end the rivalry if they battle in the league, unless they get all new pokemon, which they could just battle after the BF like May and Drew did after the GF.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They could still compete over who gets the final frontier symbol first. They wouldn't need a full 6 on 6 battle to end the rivalry if they battle in the league, unless they get all new pokemon, which they could just battle after the BF like May and Drew did after the GF.
Yes that's a very good option, but in those short sagas, like Orange and Kando BF, Ash had no rivals so I don't know, but who knows....

Space-time eva

i just love it how some of you base it off of repitition, though pokemon is kinda repetitive, still the writers suprise you...and i'm talking about you ASH-KID!

i think barry will most definetly have his game team here. they didn't give him roserade, staraptor, and heracross for nothing...