• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think about Barry's future?

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Pual needs to own Barry so he can stop the Fanboy crush, after that he needs to just be Ash's rival for the New Battle Frontier

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ok heres the deal If they DO a Johto BF Barry and Paul will not return as Mains for GEN 5. They would have no way of putting those two in Johto since they do gyms and a league with no Ash is like a hooker without STDs.
If they DON'T do a BF then yes they msot likely will stay as Mains for the next Gen!

YukiJadenSurvives

He is to lose to Shinji in the league.

Pual needs to own Barry so he can stop the Fanboy crush, after that he needs to just be Ash's rival for the New Battle Frontier

I think Paul has already owned Barry in some kind of full course battle. That might be his reason for being a fanboy not only liking Paul's ideas of training.

King Charizard

Barry is perfect tp battle Paul. Empoleon vs. Torterra will happen at the League.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Im pretty sure Barry might go against him in the league. Of course, Barry getting whooped by Paul will not be suprising. :p

pokefreak in qatar93

Barry should only be in sinnoh just like dawn , maybe the BF too but that's it no 5th gen. for him .
He can come back for an episode but that's it .
Barry should have a major win in the league but not against paul or ash .

Squaaah

Ok heres the deal If they DO a Johto BF Barry and Paul will not return as Mains for GEN 5. They would have no way of putting those two in Johto since they do gyms and a league with no Ash is like a hooker without STDs.
If they DON'T do a BF then yes they msot likely will stay as Mains for the next Gen!

Well they've got a way with Barry, seeing as his dad is the tower tycoon.

I think Barry will do poorly in the Sinnoh league and vow to do better in the next league - Johto maybe? As for Paul, he'll have a small roll in the next region.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Barry is perfect tp battle Paul. Empoleon vs. Torterra will happen at the League.

So for what they showcased him at all?
To battling Paul and not Ash?
I think Empoleon vs. Torterra is very good, but I hope it will be before the league or even in a group stage( Like in Johto league), and both of them will continue..

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Or Ash beating Paul, thus showing Ash's style is better, and that the power of Friendship can overcome Raw, Unparalleled power. Look kids, a moral!

Gazdust

I can see Barry going to Jotho and maybe capturing a Ponyta or Rapidash there also I see Ash competing for the BF and Barry could battle the Gym in Johto. From time to time they could run into each other.

Buizelster

Well Ash will probably beat him in the Sinnoh league, but seeing as how Barry takes douchebag lessons from Paul, and is Paul's biggest fanboy. He'll probably run off to whatever region Paul goes too next, and will be mad he lost to Ash.

It's like Ash got his own version of Harley now.

Bell56

The One and Only
Barry will definitely be involved in the Battle Frontier because of Palmer being his father, it wouldn't surprise me if after the league is over and Ash has beaten him he tells Ash that he should go and try to take on these super strong trainers.. one of which happening to be his father. Or else Palmer is at the league watching his son and is impressed by Ash and personally invites him to challenge the BF.

Vernikova

Champion
1. Which 2 more pokemon (or even 3, like Paul) do you think he will catch?
In DP version game he has also Rapidash and Snorlax.

I think that he'll have Empoleon, Roserade, Snorlax, Rapidash, Floatzel, and Staraptor. I took Floatzel and Staraptor from his Platinum and just assumed that he would have them.

2. Do you think we will see Barry's Gym Battle against Volkner?

No. I don't think there really is any reason that we would see his battle against Volkner. I doubt we'll see Paul's battle against Volkner as well.

3. Do you think we will see him in the next/final Team Galactic's appearance?

No. He really hasn't been included that much into the Team Galactic arc and I doubt we'll see him in the final battle. If their next appearance isn't their final appearance than I still don't think we'll see him.

4. Do you think Ash will beat him in the Sinnoh League? (I think yes).

I agree that he'll win against Barry as well. I don't see Barry knocking out Ash in the Sinnoh League and I expect Ash to eliminate him in the first round.

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Sceptile lover said:
I think Paul has already owned Barry in some kind of full course battle. That might be his reason for being a fanboy not only liking Paul's ideas of training.

I thought Barry has not actually met Paul so far only seen him on TV (Tag Battle)? B/c he recognized Ash's Chimchar as being the one Paul had in Hearthome and assumed Ash traded. When Ash told him that was not the case and Paul abandoned Chimchar Barry refused to listen and said something on the lines of "Paul would never be like that". But anyone who battled Paul would know that he is v. much like that, even Paul's brother admits that he always had a bit of a cruel streak.
It is poss. I did not interpret the ep correctly b/c I can only understand a few spoken Japanese words (and none when it is written, the alphabets have me fully baffled) but I am 90% sure Barry's idolizing is based off second-hand info about Paul's battling strenth and he has never seen Paul IRL.
I need to watch the dub of Barry's intro to make certain. If it doesn't repeat soon I'm sure I can view it on youtube or somewhere.
EDIT: As to Barry's future I'm certain he will be involved someway w/ the BF since his father is in charge there. Whether he encourages Ash to go there depends alot on the Sinnoh League. If both boys do well (finish in the Top 16 or above), Barry suggest Ash enter the BF to further test his mettle. OTOH if Barry lost early, he might feel disheartened and not want Ash to find out about his famous father, now that he failed to live up to his family's legacy as a strong battler. I'd preffer the second outcome b/c it's a little different than saying "happy energetic Barry wants to continue their rivalry" but the first seems to keep more in the pattern of older regions (Harrison suggests Hoenn, Scott the Kanto BF, Gary suggests Sinnoh League...)

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I think Ash, Nando, Paul and Barry will be the four semi-finalists, Paul will defeat Barry (which will also mean seeing their match in full), and Ash will beat Nando. It could be swapped over I guess, but I don't think Ash needs to battle Barry