• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think about PC culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious

Poke Trainer J

That comic is the distorted view of a crazy, sad individual disconnected from all reality who has otherwise convinced themselves that forcibly making a pariah of yourself by ranting nonsensically is actually some sort of noble goal, and I'm not sure why you felt posting it would somehow help your point, whatever you intended it to be.

Continually ranting about "seeing both sides" does not and will not actually invent a second side to see on matters where there otherwise is none.

the creature in the picture is a Quetzalcoatlus

unless you meant the creature who made that awful post. that's poke trainer j
I understand If I'm not welcome on these forums anymore due to my political bias / beliefs not aligning with everyone else's yet that's what I feel makes me unique as an individual. While I've tried to be reasonable with the conversations I've had on here it's only agitated more users on these forums more than reaching a common ground. I feel like I'm being forced to apologize for something that I feel wasn't my fault and If it was my fault then explain to me what I did wrong to offend you and other users here on Serebii. If we can't be honest with ourselves online or in public then how do we expect to make positive change with the problems we face in our society? The more we stay silent on certain things the more we're complying to what we allow to control / censor us. I understand that there's certain sensitive subjects but If we lack the courage to discuss it head on then nothing will ever change. Instead we dodge the subject by saying, "This isn't the place to discuss this sort of thing so post on said Social Media platform instead", when that's often times the source of the problem.

Also why are you trying to de-humanize me when I'm a sovereign being whose freedom is their birthright? You don't know the real me and what I'm like out in public within my own social circles. If you did you wouldn't be bullying me the way you are right now. I initially opened an account on Serebii to do Wi-Fi Battles and Trade with other Pokémon players in the main series video games before I started to discuss politics though lately with everything going on in the world right now I haven't had time to get fully engaged playing Sword & Shield on my Nintendo Switch. I've been too busy trying to keep up with everything worrying about bad stuff happening by keeping up with YouTube algorithms and life not getting any better. I still refuse to use Facebook and Twitter especially since a lot of negativity going on in society right now seems to derive from it. I just see what PC / Cancel Culture is doing to our society and choose not to be a part of it and I should have the right to speak out against it If I want to.

BCVM22

It is not “bullying you” to tell you that “cancel culture” is largely people being rightly held accountable for their actions nor is it “bullying you” to point out that you’re continually more concerned with protecting those guilty of it and trying to invent a “both sides are right” for issues where there isn’t really a second side.

If you’re going to gripe about people not giving you leeway to continue expressing viewpoints like “people shouldn’t face consequences for saying or doing bad things, they have a right to free speech,” without calling you out on it, well, you’d be correct on that count.

Poke Trainer J

What If someone is being held accountable due to being born a certain way that's no longer accepted within the norms of today's society? They didn't get to choose the way they ended up as so there shouldn't be any accountability on that end. Now If they were being groomed a certain way then they actually have a choice to either change or not give in to peer pressure.

If someone talked or did something that wasn't offensive to me at all then why should I call them out on it by projecting blame on them when it serves no purpose other than chasing clout? Making people feel bad about themselves just to get attention doesn't seem right unless it's justified. But that's what happens all the time on Social Media right? They even get paid to do this as well.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
What If someone is being held accountable due to being born a certain way that's no longer accepted within the norms of today's society? They didn't get to choose the way they ended up as so there shouldn't be any accountability on that end. Now If they were being groomed a certain way then they actually have a choice to either change or not give in to peer pressure.

If someone talked or did something that wasn't offensive to me at all then why should I call them out on it by projecting blame on them when it serves no purpose other than chasing clout? Making people feel bad about themselves just to get attention doesn't seem right unless it's justified. But that's what happens all the time on Social Media right? They even get paid to do this as well.

You aren't born hateful and abusive. You're raised to be and continue to be such of your OWN FREE WILL. Not that of Angry Sky Man's Rival. **** you did don't have an expiration date for people who have suffered at the hands of hatemongers and abusers. You don't automatically earn or deserve forgiveness from people. Especially from people who suffered because of Angry Sky Man Son's favor chasers. You have to PROVE that you've become a better person. To a LOT of people, not just the E-paparazzi and casual viewers.

And you're assuming that calling out is for clout and control by default? You the guy who does what he's told by the clout-chasing Cheeto-in-Chief because he claims to have angry Sky Man on his side? Not everyone is part of the Leafy-Idubbz-Keemstar-GradeAUnderA circle of yelling where you clearly got this idea from. Most people don't want to be that or become that.

This is a load.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this, as things are getting to a point where it's full of nothing but ranting and arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.