• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think about PC culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepitsimple

site of lies
since none of you seem to know what a safe space is i figured i'd just mention that it's literally just an environment where you're not subject to discrimination or harassment. wanting schools to be a safe space is not a dumb thing unless you actually want to be racist to someone lol. it's not synonymous with echo chamber like y'all are using it. stop that thanks. that's all, have a splendid day.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
since none of you seem to know what a safe space is i figured i'd just mention that it's literally just an environment where you're not subject to discrimination or harassment. wanting schools to be a safe space is not a dumb thing unless you actually want to be racist to someone lol. it's not synonymous with echo chamber like y'all are using it. stop that thanks. that's all, have a splendid day.
Exactly.
It's the opposite of Mar-a-Lago-type, 50s-TV-glorfied "country clubs" that are exclusionary pretending to be "selective".

Those who want to abolish safe spaces are likely to be the type of personality that they were created to deal with.

A safe space is inherently neither a echo chamber or a country club-esque discriminatory area.

Often people want to enter and take over safe spaces to turn them into proxies of right-wing 4chan and Reddit fascism, identity-hating and/or incel-themed echo chambers and troll bridges.

You know, the EXACT people safe spaces were created to protect against.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Does anyone notice people only complain about “freedom of speech” being limited mostly in the context of being accused of bigotry? If you have freedom of speech to spout foolishness than the next person has freedom of speech to challenge you.

Concerning safe spaces; as said above it’s really just an environment where people can be themselves without the fear of being judgment.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Too add to this I think people often confuse a positive environment where it's not treated as raw competition as one of these. The thing is you do have to get challenged on your actions in a way where you can coherently state and talk about them in the context of several views and environments. If you come up with an idea or anything you have to defend it, and it shouldn't be thrown out for any discriminatory reasons, but that doesn't mean it won't be looked at critically.

It's because of that people like Ben Shapiro complain about them, their ideas fall apart under a base level of scrutiny, and refuse to believe they're wrong in any way, and the problem is these people obviously just don't want to hear it, and not for any factual reasons.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
If I was against PC culture, I would tell every Trump supporter I meet that the world would be a better place if they were dead.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If I was against PC culture, I would tell every Trump supporter I meet that the world would be a better place if they were dead.
Eh. I’d tell that to Trump himself and his sons. I also would throw holy water onto Trump to see whether or not he’d melt or burst into flames. Man is so evil something’s bound to happen.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Eh. I’d tell that to Trump himself and his sons. I also would throw holy water onto Trump to see whether or not he’d melt or burst into flames. Man is so evil something’s bound to happen.
Holy water is meaningless against a high level demon like Trump. You will need a potion made from at least three unicorn horns and Fred Trump Jr.'s soul.

Personally I’m a free speech absolutist. I don’t like PC culture.

I’m not a fan of any censorship unless it’s advocating for violence, harassment, or anything along those lines

I’d go as far as to say I hope the government eventually treats social media platforms like YouTube, Twitter, and things of that nature as public utilities.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
Personally I’m a free speech absolutist. I don’t like PC culture.

I’m not a fan of any censorship unless it’s advocating for violence, harassment, or anything along those lines

I’d go as far as to say I hope the government eventually treats social media platforms like YouTube, Twitter, and things of that nature as public utilities.

So you're against something but also want it heavily regulated? The internet in general should be available to everyone, but letting Nazis and white supremacists have free roam does more harm than good.

So you're against something but also want it heavily regulated? The internet in general should be available to everyone, but letting Nazis and white supremacists have free roam does more harm than good.

Unfortunately, people being Nazis and white supremacists is part of free speech. Social media to me has become a public forum

bobjr

Staff member
Glad to see you would rather be a shitheel who sides with Nazis rather than vulnerable group of people then.

Glad to see you would rather be a shitheel who sides with Nazis rather than vulnerable group of people then.

I’m fine with being called a shitheel when it comes to things like the Constitution and rights. I’m against anything that infringes on those rights just like when Bush signed the Patriot Act, to when Obama continued NSA spying, and when Trump continued that spying. That among the many violations of the Constitution committed by our Presidents.

You should read up on this for more information, it was ruled that Trump couldn’t block anyone on Twitter on 1st amendment grounds.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/...define-free-speech/public-forum-social-media/

bobjr

Staff member
Keep licking that Nazi boot I guess, if you're using that as an excuse to protect people like that.

It's why only assholes and idiots believe in absolutes like that, because nothing is ever black and white like that.

keepitsimple

site of lies
You should read up on this for more information, it was ruled that Trump couldn’t block anyone on Twitter on 1st amendment grounds.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/...define-free-speech/public-forum-social-media/
this is only regarding Trumps account because he's the president and uses the account to conduct official business lol.
your link said:
The District Court, in a case of first impression, found Trump’s argument unpersuasive, as both parties stipulated to the fact that President Trump regularly conducts official business through his private Twitter account.

what does this have to do with banning neo nazis from social media?

bobjr

Staff member
It should be noted someone tried to sue AOC for the same thing, but as 1. She has an official twitter account for that stuff, and 2. She represents a specific area which you would have to prove you live in, it doesn't work like that.

Keep licking that Nazi boot I guess, if you're using that as an excuse to protect people like that.

It's why only assholes and idiots believe in absolutes like that, because nothing is ever black and white like that.

The Constitution is black and white. The rights given to the people are non-negotiable. The ACLU has actually went to court for actual deplorables, people they vehemently despise. They’ve defended Nazis, white supremacists, and even represented them in court

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/aclus-longstanding-commitment-defending-speech-we-hate

this is only regarding Trumps account because he's the president and uses the account to conduct official business lol.

what does this have to do with banning neo nazis from social media?

I didn’t say that it was specifically relevant to banning neo nazis from social media, my link was in relation to the overall discussion around the Internet and public forums.

bobjr

Staff member
The constitution was also written by people who said everyone should be free but also owned others as property, so real tight reasoning there. But the ACLU can also be wrong in doing so, as hate crimes are rising partially due to exposure on social media. Treating Nazis and White Supremacists with kid gloves is why things are how they are.

But my point stands, you actually don't care about vulnerable people getting assaulted and killed, and if free speech in that manner is more important to you then fine, but know it makes you a morally bad person.

bobjr

Staff member
The Supreme Court also defended slavery for literal decades and makes plenty of decisions that are morally inconsistent in today's world to actually protect people.

It's almost like we should help others based on what's good instead of what a piece of paper written by rapists and slave owners 300 years ago says.

Like we even have two sex predators on the Court today, and it's not even the most we've had at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.