• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think about swearing?

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
What do you think about swearing?

I dont see anything wrong with it, its only a bloody word.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I don't really see a problem with swearing. Some of them are pretty horrible sounding words (t**t and c**t) but the rest I say occasionally. They're just words, whoever decided that they're 'bad'? I don't see why kids get punished for saying certain words.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't see what the big deal is. They're just words. There's nothing inherently dirty about them. I mean, I wouldn't like listening to some kid curse like a sailor between every other word, but I don't see why it has to be censored.

Shuam

righteous
they are the funnest words to say and we aren't supposed to say them :(

Priceless

**** this, i'm out
What the f*ck, what's f*cking wrong with f*cking swearing?! This is f*cking bullsh*t, there's f*cking nothing wrong with those sh*tty motherf*cking words!

(^ @Jigglychu btw)

But yeah, they're just words. There shouldn't really be anything wrong with them...

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Well, obviously if you are trying to sound formal or nice you shouldn't curse. I personally see nothing wrong with cursing, as long as you don't overuse it.

Profesco

gone gently
Yeah, words are just words. Any word is absolutely indistinguishable compared to any other word, so they're all the same and it doesn't matter which words you use.

By the way, communication is a really lucky magic trick, isn't it?

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I don't have much of a problem with swearing. I don't usually swear myself but occasionally, I'll slip every once in a while but that's about it. I just try not to curse.
My brother on the other hand is always cursing. There have been times where every other word out of his mouth is like F**K or S**T and it kinda does get annoying.

I swear too much. Which isn't to say it's bad in itself. I just use it mid sentence with very little justification, which is bad.

RobertStyx

It's the context their used in, not the words themselves. If you're going to use them to insult some one, then yeah, I have a problem with them. Other wise, I don't see a problem.

Last edited:

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I don't think it's a problem if you aren't going overboard where every other word is a racial slur or a bad word. But here and there is harmless. I curse, but nothing over the top, unless I'm irritated and need to get my point across (which I have to say is not always the best way to do so).

Unless you're at a job interview, at school, in front of your boss, or in front of elders (or parents, if they're uncool with it), I don't think it's a big deal. Just know where not to curse or who not to curse in front of, and it's fine. And as long as you aren't using the words to degrade someone.

But really, I curse with my mom quite often. As long as I'm not overboard with it, she's cool with it.

Well I don't find much wrong with swearing, as long as you can control yourself in certain environments (i.e. Church, Pre-School, Retirement homes) you should be fine.

Cruxis

Banned
i dont even know why theres a fucking filter. not like these kids havent heard this shit in class or at the dinner table

Josiah

is your favorite
Profesco seems to be the only one that understands that words do have meaning, because they're given meaning.

Anywho, I cuss when I'm with friends, but I'm respectful when it's appropriate.