• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Do You Think Happened to Misty's Parent's?

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Ok It's obvious Misty's parents arn't around but they don't tell us y. What do you think the deal is was she: Adopted, abandend and left with her sisters ect!!

Raziel

Lively up yourself
I doubt they abandoned Misty and her sisters, so I'm guessing they died. But who knows, maybe they're somewhere out there and they just left their daughters in charge of the Gym.

E

Evanji Axu

They got abducted by ALIENS! *dramatic finger wiggling*

PDL

disenchanted
cold_katanagirl said:
Misty's parents are like Ash's dad.

Meaning they're irrelevant.

true, but the strangest thing is that at least Ash's dad got mentioned once in the entire anime's run... whereas Misty's has had absolutely no mention at all!

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
Ooh, let me take care of the next four or five posts!

Informative person: That's because Ash has a bigger role than Misty, since he's the main character. For that matter, so does May, since she's a co-main character.
Other person: What? Then explain *such and such Misty-centric episode*
Informative person: Those don't reflect being a lead character, though.
*a flame war breaks out, mods stay away, and people generally rip into each other as Misty and May fans rip into one another and the other character*

Was that accurate?

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
High Commander Solomon said:
Ooh, let me take care of the next four or five posts!

Informative person: That's because Ash has a bigger role than Misty, since he's the main character. For that matter, so does May, since she's a co-main character.
Other person: What? Then explain *such and such Misty-centric episode*
Informative person: Those don't reflect being a lead character, though.
*a flame war breaks out, mods stay away, and people generally rip into each other as Misty and May fans rip into one another and the other character*

Was that accurate?

Yeah, that sounds about right. Seems like every Kasumi or Haruka thread will somehow devolve into roughly what you've described.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Don't you know? I ATE them. And they were tasty too. :)

I don't think we're suppose to know. This is a simple kids show that doesn't really care.

Magus

Fog Trainer
Looks to me like Solomon is trying to incite exactly the kind of "discussion" he's mocking. May has nothing to do with Misty or her parents, so why bring her up unless you're tring to bait May-haters?

Swifty

You insensitive clod! He's purposefully trying to broach meaningful, insightful, and objective discussion about Misty, just like how radio talk show hosts have meaningful, insightful, and objective discussions about Democratic senators.

Last edited:
E

Evanji Axu

^ ...And about dog crap in Oregon, and about women's sexy Halloween costumes...God I love Mike & Bob.

Crystal Clair

I personally just think they wouldn't mean much to the story but I like to think that Misty's father is a water temple guardian and Misty's mother is living in some other region trying to help her father.
Hey, wouldn't it be funny if Misty's parents took over the gym, thus introducing us to them and..... you can guess the rest.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Swifty said:
Just to make things clear, fair and balanced talk show radio hosts... Aren't.
You mean Air America radio. :)

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Hmm.... Don't know. But DO put this in the family thread, like Medea said.
For radio talk show hosts, try Neil Bortz.