1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think is going to happen in the last episodes(post-league)?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Bortgreen, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Harley D Luffy

Aye, there's the rub. It depends on how many episodes SM has.

The sagas have been getting a little shorter each time, but that could change with the move to Sundays. It also depends on how many episodes they intend to make and what they want to do in the time they have left.

Another variable is airing two episodes at once as a special like they've done recently.

Only time will tell...

FullmetalJackie and wolf jani like this.
  2. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

We already know when Sword and Shield will come out. SM will be over that week or the week before.

wolf jani likes this.
  3. Eneci

Eneci FrogadierMasterLucas

I guess they could make a Pokemon Masters version in the Anime.

Maybe with Iris, Barry and others reappearing and Rosa finally premiering in the anime.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I don't think the Mohn subplot needs an entire mini-arc to be resolved though, nor do I think that we need to see Ultra Necrozma again. As far as I'm concerned, the time to promote US/UM has long since passed and I don't really see the need for the writers to go back and promote a Gen VII Legendary Pokemon that we've already seen in a previous mini-arc.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

Someone in another thread mentioned the idea of a Pokemon Masters mini-arc after the Alola league to promote that new mobile game and I think that might actually work if done right.

wolf jani likes this.
  6. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Merchandise implies we haven't seen the last of Necrozma. If Mohn is lost somewhere in Ultra space they could cross paths again

wolf jani likes this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I'm trying to visualize what that would be like, but I can't imagine that many characters from that game showing up at the end of SM, aside from maybe just silent cameos.

Redstar45 and mehmeh1 like this.
  8. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I don't think that's happening unless Sword & Shield get delayed into 2020.

9. sheld999

sheld999 Well-Known Member

Chairman rose will be at the league finals. Sees ash and researches his past.
    Imvites him galar

10. RileyXY1

The only way I can see that happening is if Ash wins the league and beats the Masked Royal in the exhibition match.

11. sheld999

sheld999 Well-Known Member

True but what if mask royal ( kukui ) also has a gen 8 mon ( unlikley ) to showcase galar mon

12. DragonKahuna

DragonKahuna Well-Known Member

I have been saying the same for a while, that Ash and Torracat will defeat Incineroar and loose to Kukui's new pokemon that is either a Dawn Lycanroc or a Galar mon.

13. TheWanderingMist

Sword and Shield aren't gonna get delayed. It's not like the games are the only aspect of the franchise.

PokemonKnight and Redstar45 like this.
  14. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

The fact they are actually having a 'reality ensues' and letting the main cast realistically fail in the league from inexperience leaves me to believe some sort of vindication arc may happen afterwards, much in the same way Ash's loss in Kalos League was balanced by the Team Flare arc straight afterward in XY. SM loves it's vindication moments, cases a character makes a fool of themselves but still proves their worth afterwards and I feel like they won't want them getting thrashed in the league to be their final hurrah.

wolf jani likes this.
  15. RileyXY1

It's simply too late for that, considering how many episodes are left in the saga.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  16. TheWanderingMist

Pretty sure they'll have plenty of time for vindication while rescuing Mohn.

17. RileyXY1

That might be only a few episodes or even a single episode depending on how many episodes are dedicated to the league.

18. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

While I wouldn't be against this in theory, I'd be a little vexed if Kukui-hakase had some super secret Pokemon that would be even stronger than Gaogaen. It reminds me of how Takuto just so happened to have a Latios as back-up for his Darkrai. I guess this scenario would at least showcase a Gen VIII species, but it would still feel a little cheap to me.

mehmeh1 and wolf jani like this.
  19. SceptileTheWarrior

SceptileTheWarrior New Member

What I would like to see post-League (if it doesn't happen during) is: -
    Rowlet Evo
    Torracat Evo
    Poipole/ Neganadel return

Is this too much to ask?
    Probably...

20. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

the only team changes I can see happening are meltan evolving, magearna getting caught, snowy evolving, and maybe meltan/melmetal getting released

Trey pokes and wolf jani like this.