• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is going to happen in the last episodes(post-league)?

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
For a change, I think Ash might win this one. It's not like Ash can't go to another region if he wins a league. He wins, learns about a new region, gets excited, goes there. Simple!

cam24t

Master
I think it's a possibility he wins the league with Melmetal and then there's a final arc that concludes with Ash releasing it for some dumb reason. Becuz God forbid Ash has any overpowered Pokemon just sitting with Professor Oak for an Eternity. If he used his best Pokemon in any given League he would probably win. Which is why he enters it to begin with. Idk it's whatever

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
For a change, I think Ash might win this one. It's not like Ash can't go to another region if he wins a league. He wins, learns about a new region, gets excited, goes there. Simple!
Agreed. I think this league would be on similar level as OL aka important for Ash's progression, but not as important as main leagues.I also think Kukui would be a main champion of the league and Ash will battle him after winning the league but would lose because Kukui is Elite 4 level, I'd say.Also, maybe league will be connected to graduation, like characters who participate in league would graduate but winner would get a medal or something together with diploma. ( that way Kiawe would graduate too). Lana, Lillie Sophocles, Mallow would do something else to graduate. Or some of characters don't graduate and they go on different path like Mallow to be a cook or Kiawe to start getting badges.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Agreed. I think this league would be on similar level as OL aka important for Ash's progression, but not as important as main leagues.I also think Kukui would be a main champion of the league and Ash will battle him after winning the league but would lose because Kukui is Elite 4 level, I'd say.Also, maybe league will be connected to graduation, like characters who participate in league would graduate but winner would get a medal or something together with diploma. ( that way Kiawe would graduate too). Lana, Lillie Sophocles, Mallow would do something else to graduate. Or some of characters don't graduate and they go on different path like Mallow to be a cook or Kiawe to start getting badges.
Well, Kukui is the champion equivalent in the games anyway

Evanibble

I don't know what'll happen in the actual league, but I hope Ash battles Gladion, Hau, and/or Kukui. Besides that, I just want good battles, win or lose for Ash. His team needs them.

After the league, they're probably be some sort of graduation ceremony, and everyone will decide where/what they're doing next:

Kiawe: I could see him going to Kanto to compete in the gym challenge. If not, probably just stay at home and work on the ranch.
Mallow: Open a restaurant and, idk something else. Shaymin will probably leave by this time.
Lana: Probably go to visit Misty. I saw some others mention contests and I think that'd be a great idea, too. Also a good way to throw Serena back into the anime. Also, her Brionne could probably evolve post-league, in one of the last episodes, and be an impetus for her to do contests or something?
Sophocles: continue to research and invent ****. I'm not sure what else he'd do.
Lillie: I think Vulpix is going to evolve, she'll get her Z-ring, and be able to use Icium-Z or Fairium-Z. I could see her either going to Kanto with Gladion to just explore and learn more, or to actually compete in the gym challenges (Gladion would probably also do this).

As for Ash, I think he'll end up somehow learning about the Galar region between now and then, and decide on going there. I hope we get to see his old Pokemon again. Lastly, I am confident that Rowlet, Lycanroc, and Torracat/Incineroar will go to Oak's. I would also like Meltan/Melmetal to also go, since it makes sense for a newly-discovered Pokemon to go to Oak's for research purposes. Yet, I could see Ash releasing him--I just think it's not as likely. I don't think he's getting a sixth, but if it ends up being Poipole or something like that I could see that being the released Pokemon this series instead of Meltan/Melmetal.

DatsRight

* Finish off Team Skull in some form, possibly a redemption arc since the guys tend to be treated more as pitiful 'lost souls' than really good at being evil.

* Graduation of some kind (though I'm wondering how Ash has passed exactly). :p

* Maybe a Rainbow Rocket arc since they keep maintaining Giovanni and Matori's presence this series.

Agustin Gomez

TheShiningBald
For my part i see things like this:
-Ash: Wins the league but loses the champion challenge against Kukui. Graduates from School and battles one more time with Tapu Koko, clashing Guardian of Alola with 10.000.000 volt Thunderbolt. He wins and is offered the chance to train as a Kahuna (replacing Hala), he rejects it (like in BF) and goes back to Kanto.
-Kiawe: After his defeat in the league decides to travel to participate in another league like a proper trainer.
-Lana: I see her travelling to train with either Ida or Misty as a water type trainer.
-Mallow: Opens her food house or something like that.
-Sophocles: Goes to study with Molayne at the observatory.
-Lillie: Stays with Lusamine and Mohn to research Pokémon in Aether Paradise (that's the road things seem to go here...)
-Gladion: Goes to another region to get stronger (USUM ending)

I don't think they will show the transition between regions due to a possible change in art style, so he goes to Kanto and ends there.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I just hope that either at the beginning of the league or at the final episode he goes "welp, vacation time is over, let's do this", preferably at the league

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Kiawe does decide to travel to Kanto and earn badges, I’d love to see a special where he battles Brock again!

Same here, that's the one special I want to see!

Well... apart from Mallow/Cilan and Brock/Serena interactions.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Ash & Co. are going to talk about their dreams and maybe some of the adventures they had previously, talk about what they plan on doing in the future, the audience seeing some of Ash's friends saying they are planning to go to other regions such as maybe Gladion and Lillie departing to Kanto or maybe some other region if the writer thinks that conflicts with the focus of Ash going back to Kanto. Will see one of the teammates and Pokemon feeling saddenedd that their friends are about to leave, going on their own journeys. I expect Togedmaru to be that one Pokemon who cries or will be the most saddened during the goodbyes. The saddened pair will of course hug, smile and talk about something along the lines of how as long as they remember each other they will always be friends. We see the usual scenic shot with an orange sunset as the friends depart, heading into different separate directions, everyone waving goodbye with Ash getting back on an plane to Kanto.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Do we think Ash will return to Pallet town and learn of Galar, ending us off with his intention to go there next? Or just save all that for the actual start of the next series like they did this time around? Personally I'm feeling the latter.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet... I'd like to see an Ash vs. Kukui battle. Maybe after ash wins the league? He loses, and goes to galar to train. I'd also like kukui to reveal that he's the masked royal to ash. Kukui has kept everything a secret long enough.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet... I'd like to see an Ash vs. Kukui battle. Maybe after ash wins the league? He loses, and goes to galar to train. I'd also like kukui to reveal that he's the masked royal to ash. Kukui has kept everything a secret long enough.
I think nobody has mentioned it because most of us think this will happen during the league itself

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Even if he does graduate he has literally not done anything. It is more like a daycare than a school.

I wouldn’t mind Gladion winning the league instead of Ash. The last few episode will probably be spent setting all the other characters up for their own journeys. Ash will either learn about Galar while he’s still in Alola or he’ll find out about it when he’s back in Kanto and the series will end with him going there. I’m curious about how Rotom will get written off though. He already turned down that TV role because he wants to see rare kinds of Pokémon and sees Ash as a way to do that, so something has to happen to prevent him from going along with Ash to Galar, unless the writers decide to have him stay with Ash.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I wouldn’t mind Gladion winning the league instead of Ash. The last few episode will probably be spent setting all the other characters up for their own journeys. Ash will either learn about Galar while he’s still in Alola or he’ll find out about it when he’s back in Kanto and the series will end with him going there. I’m curious about how Rotom will get written off though. He already turned down that TV role because he wants to see rare kinds of Pokémon and sees Ash as a way to do that, so something has to happen to prevent him from going along with Ash to Galar, unless the writers decide to have him stay with Ash.

NOOO! Oh Please No! Rotom is trash and the last thing we need is it in Gen 8. (Talking about the rotomdex both anime and game)

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I'd like Rotom in Galar, but I feel like it will only happen if you have a Rotom dex in the SwSh games, which without the convenience of him just being on the bottom screen, I kind of doubt.