• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is going to happen in the last episodes(post-league)?

fukamaru

League prediction:
- Top 2 - Kukui (Masked Royal revealed he is Kukui) vs Guzma - Kukui winner
- Top 4 - Ash vs Guzma
- Top 8 - Ash vs Gladion
- Top 16 - Ash vs Hau / Gladion vs Kiawe
- Top 32 - Ash, Gladion, Hau, Masked Royal, Guzma, Kiawe vs Cotd

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
For a change, I think Ash might win this one. It's not like Ash can't go to another region if he wins a league. He wins, learns about a new region, gets excited, goes there. Simple!

I think it would be a cop out to the entire fanbase if Ash won the league in Alola, and not in Sinnoh or Kalos. His team is awful and the series is a gloried vacation. He hasn't learned anything from his stay in Alola and people (like myself) who don't watch the show because it has strayed away from the traditional formula will feel insulted knowing that out of every league he has participated in, this was the first one that he would have won in. No thanks.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I think it would be a cop out to the entire fanbase if Ash won the league in Alola, and not in Sinnoh or Kalos. His team is awful and the series is a gloried vacation. He hasn't learned anything from his stay in Alola and people (like myself) who don't watch the show because it has strayed away from the traditional formula will feel insulted knowing that out of every league he has participated in, this was the first one that he would have won in. No thanks.
Alola is a glorified vacation and it has stayed away from the traditional formula is the reason I think Ash might win this one. Since the trainers are not required to earn 8 gym badges, the level of trainers who enter the league can be quite low. So Ash can actually win this one with his skill as a trainer!

JC317

Alola is a glorified vacation and it has stayed away from the traditional formula is the reason I think Ash might win this one. Since the trainers are not required to earn 8 gym badges, the level of trainers who enter the league can be quite low. So Ash can actually win this one with his skill as a trainer!

The only way I'll be able to accept an Alola League victory for Ash is if Gary shows up afterwards to beat Ash and Pikachu up, similar to what happened after the Orange Islands and the Battle Frontier, showing that they still have a lot to learn.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon

I think we're forgetting just how bad Ash's team actually is. It would be out of the realm of reality if he won the league. The only way that I could accept it is if he used his reserves.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I think we're forgetting just how bad Ash's team actually is. It would be out of the realm of reality if he won the league. The only way that I could accept it is if he used his reserves.
to be fair, his team has proved itself to be quite capable...........when pikahog isn't pikahogging (well, we don't know much about meltan, but he could also be pretty good, I guess)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash's chance of winning the league is the same regardless if he has a full team, 3 Pokemon, 1 Pokemon, a full team of fully evolved Pokemon or legendaries, etc. He's never going to win since the it seems like the writers and higher ups don't want him to win at all so it doesn't matter what he has on his team and how many Pokemon he has.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Is it wrong if I want Gladion to beat Ash?

As long as it ain't Kukui, I don't care who beats him. As long as they're likeable like Ritchie-Cameron

Personally rooting for Acerola and Guzma. Kiawe would be lovely but unlikely unfortunately

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
One of these is likeable.

The other was conceived involving alcohol.
Cameron was likable right up until the point it became obvious what the writers were gonna pull.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Cameron was likable right up until the point it became obvious what the writers were gonna pull.
The final parts are what matter the most to come to the conclusion of judging a character's worth. Therefore, he ended up as a massive pile of **********.

Just as how I enjoyed Cilan until Burgundy skipped town so suddenly and left him as a quirky butler.

Henry's Journey

His chances are 0% with and without reserves.

Do we need to remind everyone of this fact all the time? let people dream, we all know Ash won't win the league but come on...

I think with reserves Ash could reach top 4 or even the final but without them he could land another top 8 (for a frustrating 4th time :rolleyes:).

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Watch the league come out in the summer and everything after is filler SoL stuff

DatsRight

I am wondering how this series will go about the 'dream smasher' role. They seem to keep trying more contrived situations to excuse it each series but naturally they still don't save them from a bashing.

DP introduced a mysterious challenger out of nowhere with a team of legendaries to make Ash losing look perfectly reasonable. Didn't work.

BW just skipped the formalities and made the whole thing into a farce with the opponent being a fool that got plot armoured in hopes of hiding Ash behind the audacity. Didn't work.

XY tried to fully limelight the rivals growth and power and make them into a sympathetic character before the league, along with making Ash a 'moral victor' through the Team Flare arc following it. Didn't work.

The one step I can see them taking with this league to up on that is maybe making the dream smasher an actual main character who we might stand a chance of rooting for over Ash (though it'd still be difficult in that regard, since Ash's whole personality just makes him more underdog-ish than the even the other companions, and only Kiawe could believably outdo him at a stretch).