• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is going to happen in the last episodes(post-league)?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I am wondering how this series will go about the 'dream smasher' role. They seem to keep trying more contrived situations to excuse it each series but naturally they still don't save them from a bashing.

DP introduced a mysterious challenger out of nowhere with a team of legendaries to make Ash losing look perfectly reasonable. Didn't work.

BW just skipped the formalities and made the whole thing into a farce with the opponent being a fool that got plot armoured in hopes of hiding Ash behind the audacity. Didn't work.

XY tried to fully limelight the rivals growth and power and make them into a sympathetic character before the league, along with making Ash a 'moral victor' through the Team Flare arc following it. Didn't work.

The one step I can see them taking with this league to up on that is maybe making the dream smasher an actual main character who we might stand a chance of rooting for over Ash (though it'd still be difficult in that regard, since Ash's whole personality just makes him more underdog-ish than the even the other companions, and only Kiawe could believably outdo him at a stretch).
I think it should be Gladion.Gladion is a rival, and it's wide known fact that Ash always beats rival in the end(Gary, Paul, Trip and Sawyer, we can say Morrison), what if pattern breaks and Gladion beats Ash?No one saw it coming.Everything is possible after Ash vs Trip's battle, because we thought it'd be 6 on 6, yet it was 1 on 1. I think Dia coming and beating Ash is predictable. I wouldn't mind Kukui(if he acts as a participant and not a Champ) or Guzma beating Ash.Maybe Kiawe beats him xD.

DatsRight

I think it should be Gladion.Gladion is a rival, and it's wide known fact that Ash always beats rival in the end(Gary, Paul, Trip and Sawyer, we can say Morrison), what if pattern breaks and Gladion beats Ash?No one saw it coming.Everything is possible after Ash vs Trip's battle, because we thought it'd be 6 on 6, yet it was 1 on 1. I think Dia coming and beating Ash is predictable. I wouldn't mind Kukui(if he acts as a participant and not a Champ) or Guzma beating Ash.Maybe Kiawe beats him xD.

Well Kiawe may stand a chance if numbers are restricted (eg. a 3 on 3 battle). His Charizard would likely feel like a downgrade from Alain's Mega one however, but Ash doesn't really have Greninja level power here anyway.

I have noticed a games character has never defeated Ash in the league however. In fact I think Gary and the XY ragtags were the only games-originated league competitors so far.

On a side note, after letting them get some dangerous Pokemon and the series' gimmick for once, I really want at least one solid Team Rocket battle this series. Like no curb stomps or plot armour power boosts to contrive the twerps winning effortlessly, just one on 'Do I Hear A Ralts' or BW level where both sides get in some impressive hits and counters, and it really feels like the twerps sweated for their win for once. I feel like that would be difficult with TRio's limited Pokemon number compared to double the amount of companions this series however, unless by some miracle they actually make Bewear and Stufful battle for them.

The nearest to a non-one sided TR faceoff this series was the Alolan Meowth one and the mech battle with Misty, where TR still weren't really landing any offence, but it felt like the twerps were being forced to think up a lot of counter attacks against them. Surely we can up that a LITTLE at least, even DP managed to do a bit better.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Well Kiawe may stand a chance if numbers are restricted (eg. a 3 on 3 battle). His Charizard would likely feel like a downgrade from Alain's Mega one however, but Ash doesn't really have Greninja level power here anyway.

I have noticed a games character has never defeated Ash in the league however. In fact I think Gary and the XY ragtags were the only games-originated league competitors so far.

On a side note, after letting them get some dangerous Pokemon and the series' gimmick for once, I really want at least one solid Team Rocket battle this series. Like no curb stomps or plot armour power boosts to contrive the twerps winning effortlessly, just one on 'Do I Hear A Ralts' or BW level where both sides get in some impressive hits and counters, and it really feels like the twerps sweated for their win for once. I feel like that would be difficult with TRio's limited Pokemon number compared to double the amount of companions this series however, unless by some miracle they actually make Bewear and Stufful battle for them.

The nearest to a non-one sided TR faceoff this series was the Alolan Meowth one and the mech battle with Misty, where TR still weren't really landing any offence, but it felt like the twerps were being forced to think up a lot of counter attacks against them. Surely we can up that a LITTLE at least, even DP managed to do a bit better.
barry and bianca say hi

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I am wondering how this series will go about the 'dream smasher' role. They seem to keep trying more contrived situations to excuse it each series but naturally they still don't save them from a bashing.

DP introduced a mysterious challenger out of nowhere with a team of legendaries to make Ash losing look perfectly reasonable. Didn't work.

BW just skipped the formalities and made the whole thing into a farce with the opponent being a fool that got plot armoured in hopes of hiding Ash behind the audacity. Didn't work.

XY tried to fully limelight the rivals growth and power and make them into a sympathetic character before the league, along with making Ash a 'moral victor' through the Team Flare arc following it. Didn't work.

The one step I can see them taking with this league to up on that is maybe making the dream smasher an actual main character who we might stand a chance of rooting for over Ash (though it'd still be difficult in that regard, since Ash's whole personality just makes him more underdog-ish than the even the other companions, and only Kiawe could believably outdo him at a stretch).
Kukui, maybe? It's already pretty likely he is going to face Ash in the league and he is champion(-tier) in the games

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
At the very least, I think one of the last plot points in Sun & Moon will involve Ash and Pikachu having a final battle with Tapu Koko partly to reference the final battle in the first games and partly since they have been occasionally building towards this moment throughout the series.

If anything, Tapu Koko will be Ash & Pikachu’s final opponent before Ash gives back his Z-Ring & returns to Kanto

Master Pikachu 11

At the very least, I think one of the last plot points in Sun & Moon will involve Ash and Pikachu having a final battle with Tapu Koko partly to reference the final battle in the first games and partly since they have been occasionally building towards this moment throughout the series.

If anything, Tapu Koko will be Ash & Pikachu’s final opponent before Ash gives back his Z-Ring & returns to Kanto
If he gives Tapu Koko, the Z ring back it would only prove that this series along with his battles against the Kahunas were completely pointless and unnecessary. I just can’t see this happening because then all the hard work that he put into this region would have gone to waste. It is more likely that he will just leave the crystals and ring at his home in kanto

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Minus the whole giving up his z-ring thing, I really hope that happens in the final episode.... set in Alola. Still hoping for an actual lab episode where we see Lycanroc, Rowlet, Incineroar, Poipole, and Melmetal interacting with his old Pokemon. It doesn't feel like a proper ending without a lab episode

Heck if Kiawe really does go to Kanto, we can see that Charizard and Charizard interaction we got cheated out of in the Kanto episodes

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If he gives Tapu Koko, the Z ring back it would only prove that this series along with his battles against the Kahunas were completely pointless and unnecessary. I just can’t see this happening because then all the hard work that he put into this region would have gone to waste. It is more likely that he will just leave the crystals and ring at his home in kanto
I don't know, I kind of get the feeling that the writers are going to treat the Z-Ring just like they treated with Greninja by getting rid of it before Sun & Moon ends. Plus, giving back the Z-Crystals makes less sense since they'd probably be framed in a display case in Ash's room just like his gym badges.

If Ash doesn't give the Z-Ring back to Tapu Koko, I'm fairly certain he'll leave it behind in Pallet Town before going to the Galar Region

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't know, I kind of get the feeling that the writers are going to treat the Z-Ring just like they treated with Greninja by getting rid of it before Sun & Moon ends. Plus, giving back the Z-Crystals makes less sense since they'd probably be framed in a display case in Ash's room just like his gym badges.

If Ash doesn't give the Z-Ring back to Tapu Koko, I'm fairly certain he'll leave it behind in Pallet Town before going to the Galar Region

Giving it back is a fairly stupid way of getting rid of it. I'd much rather see it get destroyed when Ash uses Pikashnium, destroying Electrium with it. The one z-crystal we'd actually see get used anytime soon.... or it just falls into the water on the way home, preventing Ash from getting it as he and anyone possibly returning to Kanto with him don't have Water types lmao

Z-crystals could be used by the new gimmick ring or whatever it's gonna be. There's sure to be something since I doubt Megas will outright not exist anymore given how popular they are. And if z-crystals are earned in some capacity over in Galar, then we could really well see Ash earn ones he didn't obtain. Ones for types he usually always has on his team, like the Flying, Water, and Fire crystals. And of course get Electric back at some point too

Honestly though, the theory someone brought up way back about Ash sacrificing them for Necrozma was WAY freaking cooler than any fate awaiting the z-crystals. Sadly that's out of the cards now

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ash catches a Gen 8 pokemon while in Alola and ends up learning about it

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I don't think that's happening, unless it's an old Pokemon that evolves into a new Pokemon.
It has happened before with other characters who were mains.

Red and Blue

Would beg the question of how a Pokemon from Galar ended up in Alola. I could see Ash catching a Pokemon with a Gen 8 evolution though.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Would beg the question of how a Pokemon from Galar ended up in Alola. I could see Ash catching a Pokemon with a Gen 8 evolution though.
Except there might be one, aside from Eevee. They haven't done proper crossgen evolutions since Gen 4.