• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is going to happen in the last episodes(post-league)?

ShadowForce720

It was just a throwaway comment I made because Ash has already released his only Pseudo-Legendary, his only Mega and his only UB. Meltan is similar, a potentially super-powerful and special Pokémon.

Except in two of those cases it really wasn't permanent considering Goodra situation is more of that of a pokemon that can be called upon, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that how they worded Greninja's leave was more indicating that it was a temporary leave rather then a permeant one.

Also Poipole can't really be used to say that Meltan will leave because when Poipole first met Ash they hinted at it leaving by having Lusamine tell Ash that he could watch over it until they find it's ultra wormhole, where as there was nothing that would indicate that Meltan would eventually leave when it joined Ash.

Plus your argument could literally be said about almost any pokemon. At this point saying any of the current pokemon on the main cast are definitely getting release when there is nothing in the series that indicates them getting release is jumping to conclusions.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Except in two of those cases it really wasn't permanent considering Goodra situation is more of that of a pokemon that can be called upon, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that how they worded Greninja's leave was more indicating that it was a temporary leave rather then a permeant one.

Also Poipole can't really be used to say that Meltan will leave because when Poipole first met Ash they hinted at it leaving by having Lusamine tell Ash that he could watch over it until they find it's ultra wormhole, where as there was nothing that would indicate that Meltan would eventually leave when it joined Ash.

Plus your argument could literally be said about almost any pokemon. At this point saying any of the current pokemon on the main cast are definitely getting release when there is nothing in the series that indicates them getting release is jumping to conclusions.

Just because they can be 'called upon' or 'it's temporary' doesn't mean they have been released and (so far) there's nothing to indicate that either of them will come back. After all, Pidgeot was supposed to be temporary too...and we all know how that worked out.

And I'm saying what I am because Ash almost never gets to keep his super-powerful 'mons. This has been happening from the start, with them getting released 'temporarily' or just being written out of the story.

Greninja wasn’t released, so I don’t know where you make that comparison.

Except he was.

nickdt

Greninja wasn’t released, so I don’t know where you make that comparison.

If Greninja isn't released, then so aren't Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras and Poipole. They are all in the wild without means to rejoin there trainer, because no human caretaker (Unlike Goodra, Squirtle and Charizard, who can be seen as in training).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If Greninja isn't released, then so aren't Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras and Poipole. They are all in the wild without means to rejoin there trainer, because no human caretaker (Unlike Goodra, Squirtle and Charizard, who can be seen as in training).
Greninja is literally on a mission to destroy a finite amount of vines. Once those are gone, it can come back whenever it wants. Lapras and Poipole were never meant to be permanent. Pidgeot can be seen as a similar situation to Goodra, since it is just protecting its flock. And Butterfree is a clear permanent release.

Kintaro

Banned
They made it perfectly clear in XY's finale that Greninja isn't released, which is why they kept showing it after Ash was leaving Kalos, telling us it's bond still existed, and then the first SM episode shows Ash hand 5 pokeballs over to Prof. Oak in the flashback. Besides that Greninja is still incredibly popular and still gets figures/merch in Japan, it was basically the Charizard for this generation of kids, it'll get a "Charizard-like" return someday.

This reminds me of the people who kept insisting Charizard was "released" for years because Ash left it in the valley, even after it came back a number of times.

TheScentedApple

They made it perfectly clear in XY's finale that Greninja isn't released, which is why they kept showing it after Ash was leaving Kalos, telling us it's bond still existed, and then the first SM episode shows Ash hand 5 pokeballs over to Prof. Oak in the flashback. Besides that Greninja is still incredibly popular and still gets figures/merch in Japan, it was basically the Charizard for this generation of kids, it'll get a "Charizard-like" return someday.

This reminds me of the people who kept insisting Charizard was "released" for years because Ash left it in the valley, even after it came back a number of times.

It's actually only 3 pokeballs, being Talonflame, Noivern and Hawlucha. 5 would make no sense as Goodra's pokeball is at the Swamp and we don't currently know where Greninja's pokeball is right now

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's actually only 3 pokeballs, being Talonflame, Noivern and Hawlucha. 5 would make no sense as Goodra's pokeball is at the Swamp and we don't currently know where Greninja's pokeball is right now
we saw 5 balls in sm episode 1

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Let's see, there's...

-Melmetal
-Necrozma's Z-Move
-Mohn & Magearna
-Early debuts for Gen 8 Pokemon ;)
-Rainbow Rocket, or at least another big move from TR

Though some of those could happen before or during the League, so there's no telling...

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think the Magearna subplot will take more than one episode to resolve in all honesty, same with the potential Melmetal episode if we're assuming that Satoshi's Meltan will indeed evolve before SM finishes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think the Magearna subplot will take more than one episode to resolve in all honesty, same with the potential Melmetal episode if we're assuming that Satoshi's Meltan will indeed evolve before SM finishes.

Same here, though I think that about the whole Mohn plot in general.
I see it all wrapping up before the League, like after Incineroar.

I don't think the Melmetal thing is happening after the League either really, Team Rocket's goal whatever that may be doesn't appear to revolve around it. He'll probably evolve during the League

The only post-League team change I can honestly see is Shiron and Eevee. Unless they throw a gen 8 Pokemon at somebody, but I don't really see the point unless the character's going to carry over into the next gen considering how late it is. Mime Jr and Bonsly happened late but their trainers weren't leaving

OniCornwalis

Olivia goes back to Kanto with Ash in order to be with Brock, and Kiawe then becomes the Island Kahuna of Akala Island. It would end Kiawe’s arc of trying to become stronger and to be as amazing as his grandfather, AND it would fulfill Olivia’s dream to find true love. Also, before some of you guys say that Brock and Olivia won’t have a relationship together, I’d like to point out that in the wedding episode, Olivia was the one who caught the bouquet of flowers, which meant that she would be the first one to find true love. And who else would be better suited for her then Brock?

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
OniCornwalis said:
Olivia goes back to Kanto with Ash in order to be with Brock, and Kiawe then becomes the Island Kahuna of Akala Island. It would end Kiawe’s arc of trying to become stronger and to be as amazing as his grandfather, AND it would fulfill Olivia’s dream to find true love. Also, before some of you guys say that Brock and Olivia won’t have a relationship together, I’d like to point out that in the wedding episode, Olivia was the one who caught the bouquet of flowers, which meant that she would be the first one to find true love. And who else would be better suited for her then Brock?

While SM might be more slice-of-life themed than past sagas, I don't know if a romance episode would work that well even if it's at the end of the saga. I don't think Lychee's love life is all-that important to begin with, nor do I think that the writers truly want to give Takeshi closure by finding him a love interest.

ShadowForce720

While SM might be more slice-of-life themed than past sagas, I don't know if a romance episode would work that well even if it's at the end of the saga. I don't think Lychee's love life is all-that important to begin with, nor do I think that the writers truly want to give Takeshi closure by finding him a love interest.

To be fair we did get a romance episode sort of in the form of Kuki proposing to and marrying Burnet.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
I want to believe we could have the plot of "Team Rainbow Rocket" for the end of this Gen.

Even if we get something involving the Rainbow Rocket-dan, I get the feeling that it wouldn't meet expectations given how goofy Matori's been lately (since she's one of the more active Rocket-dan members in recent history, I would expect that she'd have a pretty major role in any Rocket-dan subplot). Even the possibility of Sakaki coming to Alola wouldn't necessarily bode well from my perspective judging from the writers' other attempts at making serious mini-arcs in this saga.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly other then a graduation episode and maybe some of the cast being made into trial captains so the league is a more official thing, I can't see another big arc happening.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I want to believe we could have the plot of "Team Rainbow Rocket" for the end of this Gen.

That could happen, but I don't think it would be as amazing as it was in the games since I doubt that the writers will work the whole alternate universe angle and bring back all of the old villains.

Shotgunrain

So now the league is confirmed to start in SM128, here are my predictions for post-league:

1st ep: Post-league ‘party’, farewells for Ilima, Hau and maybe Guzma as well (I guess he might disband Team Skull after he loses in the league)
2nd ep: Mallow releases Shaymin
3rd ep: Lillie episode (Maybe they finally found Mohn assuming that they don’t in SM127)
4th ep: Ash vs Tapu Koko, final battle
5th ep: Graduation
6th ep: Ash returns to Pallet Town episode (all loose ends tied up with the classmates, TRio and Bewear, and maybe Team Skull as well)

Maybe one of the episodes would be Ash releasing Meltan (or Melmetal if it evolves) as well, but I hope he doesn’t.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Gary cameo would be nice to see how he developed as a Pokémon Professor in training, referencing to his in-game appearance at Battle Tree. Not expecting Battle Tree to be a part of the anime at all, just visiting Sam Oak in Alola to investigate the Alolan forms and have a friendly match against Ash.