• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is going to happen in the last episodes(post-league)?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Let's see...Sword & Shield come out on Nov 15. Meaning their anime version should start on, oh...the 10th or 17th.

So they've got the better part 5 months to kill. So yeah, we're gonna get a bit of post League adventures & misadventures.
We've got titles through the 4th of August, and there hasn't been a break week in a while. And there'll be at least 2 more League episodes, so that puts us mid-late August with only 2 1/2 months left until Sword and Shield, and there will be at least 1 farewell episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
Since Mewtwo remake has no SwSh promotion as far as I know we could see some of that in the last few episodes of SM. Maybe even a trainer showing of Dynamax

I don't think Shield and Sword promotion needs to happen in SM, however. That's what the Galar saga will be for after all.

As for Mohn, I think that the resolution of his subplot probably won't be that long. A single episode could probably cover everything that we need, including Magearna's activation which honestly should have just happened in the recent Zoroark episode.

Ultra Beast Lover

The series is gonna end like all the others do. Ash gets ready to leave, either a travel companion or a Pokemon runs off in tears (this part is optional of course), flashbacks might happen, Team Rocket will attack resulting in each Pokemon doing an attack that should've killed them, Ash leaves for home, we cry, if we're lucky something will lead into the next generation if we aren't lucky he'll just go there with the saga ending on him running home, we'll question what the point of us continuing to watch the anime is, we'll watch the next saga anyways.

TheWanderingMist

The series is gonna end like all the others do. Ash gets ready to leave, either a travel companion or a Pokemon runs off in tears (this part is optional of course), flashbacks might happen, Team Rocket will attack resulting in each Pokemon doing an attack that should've killed them, Ash leaves for home, we cry, if we're lucky something will lead into the next generation if we aren't lucky he'll just go there with the saga ending on him running home, we'll question what the point of us continuing to watch the anime is, we'll watch the next saga anyways.
Hey now, Team Rocket didn't attack during XY's farewell episode. They attacked the episode before.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think Shield and Sword promotion needs to happen in SM, however. That's what the Galar saga will be for after all.

As for Mohn, I think that the resolution of his subplot probably won't be that long. A single episode could probably cover everything that we need, including Magearna's activation which honestly should have just happened in the recent Zoroark episode.
However, they've usually had next gen Pokemon appear in the current saga anime. In fact, DP and XY are the only two sagas to not do this.

Emelie

Bookworm
I hope Mimikyu and Bewear will get a good farewell episodes. Even if the gags were repetitive, I liked their bond with Team Rocket (Musashi especially). It would be cool if Musashi would have a flashback to Miyamoto when parting with Bewear and her child but I doubt it will happen LOL.

Red and Blue

I hope Mimikyu and Bewear will get a good farewell episodes. Even if the gags were repetitive, I liked their bond with Team Rocket (Musashi especially). It would be cool if Musashi would have a flashback to Miyamoto when parting with Bewear and her child but I doubt it will happen LOL.
Actually since Bewear and Mimikyu are in the Galar Dex they could just join Rocket. Especially if Bewear is popular in Japan

TheWanderingMist

I have conflicting feelings towards this idea. I love Mimikyu and Bewear but I am also tired of their gags LOL.
Bewear at least gives variety to the blast - off gag.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Emelie said:

I want Kiteruguma to stay in Alola, although I get this feeling that the writers will find a way to have it follow the Rocket-dan to Galar, so it might not even receive closure at the end of the SM saga.

TheWanderingMist

I want Kiteruguma to stay in Alola, although I get this feeling that the writers will find a way to have it follow the Rocket-dan to Galar, so it might not even receive closure at the end of the SM saga.
They'd have to find a way to replace it in Galar without going back to the old standard of blasting off, and none of the Galar Pokemon revealed so far strike me as likely of becoming the new meme.

TheWanderingMist

We had the Magearna movie too
If Meltan wasn't in LGPE we could call him a Gen 8 monster, maybe...
No, he has to be Gen VII, because the Grass starter is always #001 in the regional Dex. Even Victini didn't screw this up as it was #000 in Unova. But Melton has an evolution and is known to be #808 in the National Dex, so it would have to be -#001 in the regional Dex of Galar to be a Gen VIII Pokemon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No, he has to be Gen VII, because the Grass starter is always #001 in the regional Dex. Even Victini didn't screw this up as it was #000 in Unova. But Melton has an evolution and is known to be #808 in the National Dex, so it would have to be -#001 in the regional Dex of Galar to be a Gen VIII Pokemon.
Either that, or Grookey will be bumped to the 002 slot, but I highly doubt that's happening.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I'm expecting Champion Leon to travel to Alola to congratulate the new Champion. That would be the ideal way to transition into Galar.

There needs to be some resolution to Team Rocket, who have nothing to show for their mission so far. The three previous regions have allowed TR to take credit for destroying the regional team and offering their caught Pokemon as collateral. Their Alola accomplishments are rather bare...maybe capture a Cosmog, give it to Giovanni only for Cosmog to teleport away.

Lillie, Mohn and Magearna need closure. There's also the UB apocalypse, and a rematch against Tapu Koko outstanding.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Doppelgänger said:
There needs to be some resolution to Team Rocket, who have nothing to show for their mission so far. The three previous regions have allowed TR to take credit for destroying the regional team and offering their caught Pokemon as collateral. Their Alola accomplishments are rather bare...maybe capture a Cosmog, give it to Giovanni only for Cosmog to teleport away.

Since I mainly care about their comedic side and not their fruitless efforts to do their actual job, I don't particularly see the need for them to impress Sakaki by the end of SM. I'm actually kind of tired of seeing them take credit for things that they barely have a hand in, so I hope that they won't sneak by and get credit for stopping whatever the Skull-dan and Guzma are up to.

Kdude146

1. Finding Mohn and Magearna becoming active again.
2. I see something happening with Meltan. I could see Matori and her team coming to Alola again to go after all the Meltan and Ash's Meltan evloves into Melmetal to stop Team Rocket. Ash ends up releasing Melmetal so it can be the leader of the Meltan group. (2 part episode)
3. Pokemon School Graduation
4. Ash saying goodbye to his friends and going home and finding out where all his friends are going to go.
5. Team Rocket gives their Alola Pokemon to the boss, Ash back in Pallet Town and learns of Galar and decides to enter the Galar League. Ash and Team Rocket go to Galar