• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is going to happen in the last episodes(post-league)?

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
but the horde might evolve not meltan since they're the one who multiply and eat more metal than ash's

While that's also possible, to me it would seem weird for all the other Meltan to evolve together without involving Satoshi's Meltan. I think of them all as a set, so watching Satoshi's Meltan get left out like that would feel a bit anti-climactic to me.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Talking about her, I wonder if she is going to cry when saying goodbye to Ash. She already did in the Sophocles' farewell party, and Ash has some kind of importance in her life too(and probably more than Soph). Not exactly shipping tier, just friendship.
I hope it’s a sad goodbye but I expect her not to cry. Although they were close she was much closer to Lana and Mallow than him. I think the only person who deserved to cry in a goodbye was Dawn imo.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I hope it’s a sad goodbye but I expect her not to cry. Although they were close she was much closer to Lana and Mallow than him. I think the only person who deserved to cry in a goodbye was Dawn imo.

And ironically, it was Piplup that cried lol. Dawn is such a positive person though, I kind of feel like it would have been out of character for her to cry. The tears with the OS trio made sense because it was Ash's first time departing from his friends, and Piplup's tears made sense as well since Piplup is more emotional in my opinion. I could honestly see Lillie crying too, she just seems like the type to get a little teary eyed.

Honestly I don't expect too much from the goodbyes though, I just hope it isn't dry like the BW trio departure was.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
No Dawn did cry for a split second, that’s when Ash told her “no need to worry” because he seen her visibly upset. I loved Misty’s goodbye song in the dub; it’s so 90’s/early 2000’s xD. I’m not expecting Lillie to cry but I could see Mallow since she’s shown to be the most emotional of the group and maybe Kiawe. And yeah I wasn’t expecting BW’s goodbye episode to be so dry due to the fact they had objectively the best GROUP chemistry besides OS.

Ah okay, my mistake. I feel like May and Max's goodbye kind of sucked too. I still love the OS goodbye because it could really even bring the audience to tears. I don't recall Ash himself getting emotional in a departure episode since the OS which I guess is understandable because he's so used to splitting up from his friends but I'd really love it if he showed more emotion this time when he has to leave his classmates.

Sham

Ah okay, my mistake. I feel like May and Max's goodbye kind of sucked too. I still love the OS goodbye because it could really even bring the audience to tears. I don't recall Ash himself getting emotional in a departure episode since the OS which I guess is understandable because he's so used to splitting up from his friends but I'd really love it if he showed more emotion this time when he has to leave his classmates.
Well both AG and BW had to be dragged out longer than expected so maybe the writers were just over it? Or maybe it was a timing issue? They did both suck like you said however. Ash was visibly sad in the OS goodbye and even going as far as to talk to Misty and Brock after they left, the moment is pretty awkward because they overhear this and then tell him to say what he’s gotta say.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Well I don't think she was close to Sophocles either except for the fact he was the first one of the class to talk to her(just like she was the first to meet Ash). But idk, anything can happen
No Dawn did cry for a split second, that’s when Ash told her “no need to worry” because he seen her visibly upset. I loved Misty’s goodbye song in the dub; it’s so 90’s/early 2000’s xD. I’m not expecting Lillie to cry but I could see Mallow since she’s shown to be the most emotional of the group and maybe Kiawe. And yeah I wasn’t expecting BW’s goodbye episode to be so dry due to the fact they had objectively the best GROUP chemistry besides OS.
MAYBE Kiawe? In my opinion he is almost guaranteed to cry like he does when he's excited with something. More of a comedic cry though, but I would expect something sadder from Mallow or still Lillie

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm expecting Kiawe and maybe Mallow to cry during the goodbyes, but nobody else tbh. Also, I kinda doubt we'll have specials this time, IDK why, it's just a gut feeling

Leonhart

Imagineer
PorcelainVulpix said:
With the way that Ash has been written in SM, I really have hope for a emotional goodbye. Especially because I like his bond with his classmates.

They've all been like a family for the past three years, so I'd be surprised if they don't have a big emotional farewell in the final SM episode. In particular, I'm interested in how Satoshi and Kukui-hakase's final interaction will go since Kukui-hakase has been like a father figure to Satoshi.

Sham

I think Gladion and Lillie will probably end up traveling together since depending on which games they both end up leaving.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Not only Ash, but SM as a whole is an emotional generation. Also don't forget the near-fatherly bond Ash has with Kukui

Yeah, exactly, the focus shifted to emotions (all kinds, not just sad) over action, for better or for worse, so I do expect a couple of emotional episodes near the end. Especially since those are the ones they're doing best at the moment.

And I hadn't even thought of the goodbye with Kukui yet!

Bladewinger

In my opinion, Ash's classmates are the closest group he has been part of alongside the original trio of Brock and Misty. I loved that both groups got to meet each other as well. I hope it will be a drawn out emotional ending. Especially if Ash is triumphant in the league, this will be one of the most satisfying and successful series that really tried to do something new and succeeded in many of those fronts.

DatsRight

For some reason I'd be surprised if the size change ray doesn't act as a Chekhov's gun at some point in SM. Just that episode felt kind of arbitrary even for the show's usual (besides maybe as a fake out to assume Tsareena would be OP in the league) and the premise of size change seems VERY fitting giving Sword and Shield (that giant Togedemaru couldn't have been a coincidence). It'd be ironic if it was among the few things they DIDN'T come back to.

Concerning the goodbye, yes I hope it has some sentimentality, especially since the group seemed very close this series due to it's premise. That said, we don't know if anyone but Ash is splitting up right now.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Longer than both previous regions, probably because they had so few breaks this time. Didn't even break for the movie like usual.

XY series had break of 3 weeks after TF arc was over coul happen here as well after the league is over.

Not only Ash, but SM as a whole is an emotional generation. Also don't forget the near-fatherly bond Ash has with Kukui

Not to mention the litten-stoutland an that particular mallow and her mother episoe were also emotional.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
I think Gladion and Lillie will probably end up traveling together since depending on which games they both end up leaving.

I could settle for them traveling together, although I'd still prefer to see Lilie start a journey on her own. I just wouldn't want her to visit Kanto for an extended period of time since unlike in the S/M games, she has no purpose in wanting to go there since she has no reason to want to meet Masaki.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I could settle for them traveling together, although I'd still prefer to see Lilie start a journey on her own. I just wouldn't want her to visit Kanto for an extended period of time since unlike in the S/M games, she has no purpose in wanting to go there since she has no reason to want to meet Masaki.
Even if she goes to Kanto, she will inevitably be sucked into the black hole that is the Johto region in the anime. Only Misty and Serena have so far escaped that fate.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PorcelainVulpix said:
But seriously..what is with the writers and shipping companions off to the Johto region? I'm genuinely surprised they didn't make Serena go that route as well.

It seems almost like a recurring joke to me, which is kind of depressing in a way since we hardly ever get to see much of Jouto again even when Satoshi's friends get stuck there, with the exception of Iris' special episode where we at least got to see more glimpses of Fusube City. I'll be ticked off if Lilie or another of Satoshi's friends head to Jouto at the end of SM, however.