• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is the man's GREATEST invention?

funny25sandra

Computer

Hands down to the man who invented it, absolutely genius. I can't imagine my life without computer. It's everywhere and it's like one of our basic needs today.

Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
choosehottubsdirect-steve barbarich

Industry executives and analysts often mistakenly talk about strategy as if it were some kind of chess match. But in chess, you have just two opponents, each with identical resources, and with luck playing a minimal role. The real world is much more like a poker game, with multiple players trying to make the best of whatever hand fortune has dealt them. In our industry, Bill Gates owns the table until someone proves otherwise.

Last edited:
plumbing hands down

imagine walking a kilometer to take a s**t everyday in a giant hole filled with another guys s**t

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I had another answer in mind, but...
plumbing hands down

imagine walking a kilometer to take a s**t everyday in a giant hole filled with another guys s**t
holy god this. Thank plumbing for keeping shit and piss out of our streets, rivers, and...well, pretty much everywhere!

The man's greatest invention? *Picturing topic title being read by a hippie* Well... usage of electricity is pretty useful. Without it, there's a high chance none of us would know each other, and life would be so much more boring.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Computer

Hands down to the man who invented it, absolutely genius. I can't imagine my life without computer. It's everywhere and it's like one of our basic needs today.

The computer wasn't invented by a single man, d'you know how much combined work and effort went into making even the simplest computer? A machine that didn't even have a screen? *shockhorror*

Uhh fire, duh.
Uhh, duh, nobody invented fire. We discovered how to manipulate it.

I'd say the quartz crystal oscillator. Not only does it make out clocks work, it makes all our electrical gizmos from radios to iPods to computers function. Simply because of a vibrating quartz crystal. Fundamental or what, eh?

1. Inventing a Way to Manipulate Fire
Fire really is our bro for life. Kept us warm, gave us protection and light, and killed off most diseases in our food supply. I'd totally give it a high-five, but it's too cool for that.

2. Mathematics
Without this we wouldn't be able to build 90% of today's inventions. Thank God those smelly Africans were smart.

3. The Wheel
Obligatory.

5. Printing Press
Helped with spreading silly ideas like freedom. Too bad it helped the genuinely stupid ideas spread.

4. Plumbing
Already covered above. Made the smart Africans not so smelly.

Last edited:

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
The Gameboy, of course!

On a serious note, indoor plumbing.

Last edited:

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Electricity, as it's really the basis of everything including light and mainly everything else you can think of... besides plumbing. ;)

Beastiken9

Under construction
Language, cause it would suck if everyone had to grunt to communicate

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
omg the card they put around your starbucks coffee.

lol no jk i would have to go with indoor plumbing

You guys act like having human fecal matter on the ground is some huge disaster. It's a natural process and the crap will eventually be decomposed. Animals have been doing it for a lot longer than we have, and they're still alright. That nice flushing sound is pretty satisfying, though.

JerisEnigma

Unemployed Red Mage
All good points so far...
I think it's a tie between manipulating fire and electricity.
They both work for the same purposes, ie heating, cooking, lighting... So it's difficult to choose. :/
Everything else is really just a luxury~

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Except people are acting like we invented fire and electricity, which we didn't. We merely discovered their uses and how to manipulate them.

Except people are acting like we invented fire and electricity, which we didn't. We merely discovered their uses and how to manipulate them.

Which is a respectable invention in itself. If we didn't discover a way to manipulate fire and electricity they'd wind up only causing us harm instead of having amazing benefits as well. Almost everything today uses fire or electricity, so inventing a means to manipulate the two is one of the most basic yet most vital inventions.