• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is the most important trait in the world?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What do you think is the most important trait in the world?

I bet a lot of you that could be many things. LOOK AT MY MUSCLES! It is definitely an important trait. Not everyone is intelligent but still it requires knowledge in how to use and exercise those muscles properly. You need knowledge to efficiently use those muscles and even someone as dumb as a rock can be the most knowledgeable person in the world. So, knowledge is power. That's the most important trait... right?... Is it though? Is it lol? It's certainly true that it's a powerful tool indeed, knowledge universally covers a far wider span of topics that it seems like it's the most obvious answer but just how useful is that knowledge if you were to be caught in an accident? What if you trip your ankle during a flood? Or heck what if your livelihood was in danger because of some new tax or something. A eagle is strong and smart but even they can fall prey to the very rats they feed on if some unfortunate incident happens.

In such cases like these, you need knowledge on your side to manage out of such unexpected encounters and in life, unexpected encounters are more frequent than you think and thus will test your knowledge, test your thinking, test your focus, your calmness. How can you think properly with all the rage, madness, the unexpected complexity that is going on around you? If it let it override you, that knowledge is incomplete. So what do you do? You focus, you focus to stay calm. That calmness is the key to think properly, to making the best decisions on what knowledge you have, calmness is the survival trait to think properly to get out of a nasty situation, calmness I argue... is the most important trait you need. If you don't have calmness on your side, even the most intelligent person can be a dumbass if they let the flood of emotions, the rage, the depression take over. Not only that but based on this, one could assume that rage and fury is weak, that calmness is strong. Now that I said that, have I made it harder for you guys to assume what is the most important trait in the world lol? :D

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The most important trait IMO is adaptability. Being able to make the most out of a situation and apply yourself to get a certain outcome is applicable to pretty much everything in life

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I personally think it is trying to do your best to make things better for everyone in the long run. Most of the things you do on a daily basis can and will affect another person somehow so why not try and do things that can benefit the world?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Definitely knowing yourself. While not exactly a trait, it definitely is important. Knowing oneself allows you think clearly and make informed decisions. Without knowing yourself you’re stuck to unlinear decision making and dependent on people for things you’re perfectly capable of.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm not sure how kindness is naive. Care to explain?
Some people associate with kindness to naivety which is lack of wisdom, experience, innocence and thus some people feel that being too kind can lead to poor decisions. That's not wrong but people are so blinded by the idea that some forget kindness can be a powerful and important tool if used properly.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Some people associate with kindness to naivety which is lack of wisdom, experience, innocence and thus some people feel that being too kind can lead to poor decisions. That's not wrong but people are so blinded by the idea that some forget kindness can be a powerful and important tool if used properly.
This is a good post :) Thank you. I get what you're saying.

Charisma because if you have that then you can do pretty much whatever you set your sights on. It's the best personality trait that I can think of from a pragmatic stand point.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Being Christ-like. He is our perfect example to follow and aim for (the Holy Spirit helps with this).

Second to that, I’d always say it’s about the quality of one’s character rather than any physical trait. I feel today’s society is too engrossed in vanity and appearances (good or bad) and not enough in (moral) integrity.

Looks can fade, and when they’re gone what’s left on the inside? Something that’s still beautiful or ugliness that’s now exposed?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I'd actually like to add on "a healthy mental attitude". In a world where people suffer from depression and anxiety (and any other mental health issues) having bad mental health can definitely impact your decision making and make things seem worse than they really are.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Wisdom dove-tails rather nicely with the aforementioned judgment if you have one or the other you're probably going to live a very prosperous life; if you have both, you're gonna rule the freaking world, and everyone is gonna be just fine with it cause you'll make it a better place.