1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think is the most important trait in the world?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by shoz999, Oct 23, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

What do you think is the most important trait in the world?

I bet a lot of you that could be many things. LOOK AT MY MUSCLES! It is definitely an important trait. Not everyone is intelligent but still it requires knowledge in how to use and exercise those muscles properly. You need knowledge to efficiently use those muscles and even someone as dumb as a rock can be the most knowledgeable person in the world. So, knowledge is power. That's the most important trait... right?... Is it though? Is it lol? It's certainly true that it's a powerful tool indeed, knowledge universally covers a far wider span of topics that it seems like it's the most obvious answer but just how useful is that knowledge if you were to be caught in an accident? What if you trip your ankle during a flood? Or heck what if your livelihood was in danger because of some new tax or something. A eagle is strong and smart but even they can fall prey to the very rats they feed on if some unfortunate incident happens.

In such cases like these, you need knowledge on your side to manage out of such unexpected encounters and in life, unexpected encounters are more frequent than you think and thus will test your knowledge, test your thinking, test your focus, your calmness. How can you think properly with all the rage, madness, the unexpected complexity that is going on around you? If it let it override you, that knowledge is incomplete. So what do you do? You focus, you focus to stay calm. That calmness is the key to think properly, to making the best decisions on what knowledge you have, calmness is the survival trait to think properly to get out of a nasty situation, calmness I argue... is the most important trait you need. If you don't have calmness on your side, even the most intelligent person can be a dumbass if they let the flood of emotions, the rage, the depression take over. Not only that but based on this, one could assume that rage and fury is weak, that calmness is strong. Now that I said that, have I made it harder for you guys to assume what is the most important trait in the world lol? :D

2. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

The most important trait IMO is adaptability. Being able to make the most out of a situation and apply yourself to get a certain outcome is applicable to pretty much everything in life

SubtleVVeirdoh, Sham and shoz999 like this.
  3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I personally think it is trying to do your best to make things better for everyone in the long run. Most of the things you do on a daily basis can and will affect another person somehow so why not try and do things that can benefit the world?

shoz999 likes this.
  4. Sham

Sham We were robbed

Definitely knowing yourself. While not exactly a trait, it definitely is important. Knowing oneself allows you think clearly and make informed decisions. Without knowing yourself you’re stuck to unlinear decision making and dependent on people for things you’re perfectly capable of.

Ignition likes this.
  5. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Cool like Korrina is~*snuggles her* <33

Kindness.

If you can't be kind this world falls apart at the seams.

Sakuyamon and shoz999 like this.
  6. shoz999

I agree kindness is an important trait. Unfortunately so many naive people confuse kindness with naivety which is pretty ironic if you think about it.

LadyTriox likes this.
  7. LadyTriox

I'm not sure how kindness is naive. Care to explain?

8. shoz999

Some people associate with kindness to naivety which is lack of wisdom, experience, innocence and thus some people feel that being too kind can lead to poor decisions. That's not wrong but people are so blinded by the idea that some forget kindness can be a powerful and important tool if used properly.

LadyTriox likes this.
  9. LadyTriox

This is a good post :) Thank you. I get what you're saying.

10. DDemonRose

DDemonRose Member

Charisma because if you have that then you can do pretty much whatever you set your sights on. It's the best personality trait that I can think of from a pragmatic stand point.

shoz999 and Sham like this.
  11. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

Pure grit.

SubtleVVeirdoh and Sakuyamon like this.
  12. Krokketto Prime Danjal

Krokketto Prime Danjal Done with worldly lies

Being Christ-like. He is our perfect example to follow and aim for (the Holy Spirit helps with this).

Second to that, I’d always say it’s about the quality of one’s character rather than any physical trait. I feel today’s society is too engrossed in vanity and appearances (good or bad) and not enough in (moral) integrity.

Looks can fade, and when they’re gone what’s left on the inside? Something that’s still beautiful or ugliness that’s now exposed?

Sakuyamon, Leonhart and Sham like this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'd probably say courage, and by that I mean standing up for what you believe in even if others criticize you for your beliefs. I just think it's important to have an opinion and to stand by it without faltering.

14. Sham

Sham We were robbed

I'd actually like to add on "a healthy mental attitude". In a world where people suffer from depression and anxiety (and any other mental health issues) having bad mental health can definitely impact your decision making and make things seem worse than they really are.

Ignition and Sakuyamon like this.
  15. SubtleVVeirdoh

SubtleVVeirdoh Unova Enthusiast

Tegridy.

Ignition likes this.
  16. MotostokeOnTrent

MotostokeOnTrent PokéJungle writer

Judgement. The ability to look at any given situation or choice, analyse the outcomes, accurately gauge the risk, and reach a decision based on long-term needs rather than short-term wants. Knowledge, experience, and self-denial are all additional vital elements.

17. Jesness

Jesness Member

Wisdom dove-tails rather nicely with the aforementioned judgment if you have one or the other you're probably going to live a very prosperous life; if you have both, you're gonna rule the freaking world, and everyone is gonna be just fine with it cause you'll make it a better place.