• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is the worst Pokemon move?

The-End

Banned
In my opinion, Constrict is. It's base power of 10 makes it the least powerful attacking move in the games and it's 10% chance of lowering speed, which can be achieved more easily using moves like Icy Wind or paralyzing the foe. Also, no Pokemon (except from Smeargle) can gain STAB from it.

TanBun

I'm back :3
The worst moves would be those Multi-attack moves like bullet seed. Low power, and no security that it will do great damage. Outrage rocks though

Last edited:

The-End

Banned
Splash can actually be used as a strategy, by having the opponent Mimicking it or something, or disabling it.

The worst moves would be those Multi-attack moves like bullet seed. Low power, and no security that it will do great damage. Dragon rage rocks though

While that's true, Multi-hit moves can be put to great use with the ability Skill Link, which makes moves always hit 5 times.
Dragon Rage only does 40 HP damage, and it's not so great on higher-leveled Pokemon with a great amount of HP.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Focus Blast is the worst move in the game. It's very inaccurate and it sucks we don't have a Fighting-type counterpart to Flamethrower. It's the move that makes you rage because of it missing so often, especially if you're a competitive battler. Heck, even on the show Focus Blast = Focus Miss!

Flatter. It raises the target's wrong stat and confuses it.

Twister. By the time you obtain a dragon-type with Twister, your Pokemon already have better moves.

Hyper Beam and its variants: Every move with 75+ BP is better than Hyper Beam and the turn it consumes.

Synchronoise: It hits the target only if its type is the same as yours. Yeah.

Splash for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Focus Blast is the worst move in the game. It's very inaccurate and it sucks we don't have a Fighting-type counterpart to Flamethrower. It's the move that makes you rage because of it missing so often. Heck, even on the show Focus Blast = Focus Miss!

It's probably just you, give your pokemon an accuracy-boosting item and it works out for you.

Hikatoshi26

I say Sonic Boom a fixed 20 damage kinda useless after level 20 lol.

Ditto B1tch

Splash. This is a fact. You cannot discuss it.

Now, a moderator has to come here and close this dumb thread, please.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
Either Splash or Memento. Splash was previously explained above, but memento causes an instant death to whoever used the move, in which the only good thing that comes out of it is that the other pokemon's attack and special attack reduced by two stages.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Mystical Jackal said:
Splash. This is a fact. You cannot discuss it.

Now, a moderator has to come here and close this dumb thread, please.
We also discussed this. Splash is one of the best moves in the game. Detect on the other hand, is just another form of protect with fewer PP.

And also, let's not have splash dominate this thread more than metal blades dominated Megaman 2.

*~Silver*~

Splash. It literally does, NOTHING. Those moves that just "identify" your Pokemon are pretty bad, but at least they do something, or have something made up for them to do.

"Magikarp used Splash!"
"But nothing happened..."

ysmr97

Quash. They should've given it priority lol

We also discussed this. Splash is one of the best moves in the game. Detect on the other hand, is just another form of protect with fewer PP.

And also, let's not have splash dominate this thread more than metal blades dominated Megaman 2.

Hello? Am I reading this right? Splash is completely useless.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Well outside of the obvious splash, any growl ,and all of its variants, along with sonicboom. The former set gets outclassed by various moves, and is pretty useless, while the later becomes useless once pokemon get move than 60 HP.

Autis-misc

Abridger
I think the worst move is fissure. It has no accuracy and misses 7 times in 5 turns. Splash has more use than it.

on a more serious note, I think Defense curl is the worst move, but only when you're fighting against it. When using it, the worst move is Tackle, unless you can somehow manage to OHKO a ghost type with it, then you're #1 in my books. but other than that, no.

Last edited:

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Focus Blast is the worst move in the game. It's very inaccurate and it sucks we don't have a Fighting-type counterpart to Flamethrower. It's the move that makes you rage because of it missing so often, especially if you're a competitive battler. Heck, even on the show Focus Blast = Focus Miss!

Aura Sphere is the fighting type Flamethrower.