• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is the worst Pokemon move?

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
Wrap, Fire Spin and variants thereof. Honestly, when is the last time anyone ever used these moves?

Also, if you want to do a powerful Sonic Boom, this is how you do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9cz2un9gzA

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Splash.

No contest really.

While Splash is useless in battle, it's actually pretty useful in the Cute Category contest.

The worst moves would be those Multi-attack moves like bullet seed. Low power, and no security that it will do great damage.

Skill Link Cloyster would disagree with you.

Dragon rage rocks though

Yeah for early gameplay, but once you start facing Pokémon that have more than 40hp it's become useless.

Flatter. It raises the target's wrong stat and confuses it.

How on earth does Flatter raises the target "wrong" stats when the game clearly states that its raises the target's Special Attack. What more it can be useful in double battle if you use it right.

any growl ,and all of its variants.

Those move are actually really useful early in the game and is one of the reason why I have such an easy time defeating Whitney's Miltank, when most people struggled against her.

Wrap, Fire Spin and variants thereof. Honestly, when is the last time anyone ever used these moves?

Properly back in the days on Generation 1 when those move were broken as hell.

Last edited:

Ti4558

I think present is the worst move.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Synchronoise on Umbreon. Just think about it for a second.

I think Constrict and Quash are also among the worst. Constrict is the weakest damaging move in the game, and Quash is so situational that it's not worth it most of the time (as far as I know).

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Crimson Penguin said:
I think Constrict and Quash are also among the worst. Constrict is the weakest damaging move in the game, and Quash is so situational that it's not worth it most of the time (as far as I know).

Quash is actually somewhat useful in doubles and triples, where it can be used by prankster Murkrow to make Pokemon that threaten your team attack last. It's also somewhat useful for setting up Trick room.

I agree that constrict might be most useless move though.

Enjolras

Master of the House
I don't see why everyone is hating on Growl, as Blaze Boy said, it is very useful in the early game. Mud Sport and Water Sport, on the other hand...

AnakBaé

Feint This "you-can-run-but-you-can't-hide" move is only recommended for catching Pelipper.

Techno Blast Look, Genesect gets Ice Beam, T-bolt, & Flamethrower, which obviously has more power. T-blast requires Genesect to sacrifice its held item for a garbage disc. Did u say water?

Mud Sport Majority of Ground-types can learn this move, but what's the point? and why using it? same question goes for Water Sport.

Bestow Fling, Trick, & Switcheroo is BETTER

Twister Abysmally low base power combined with the crappy "special attack" type. It's a bad starting move for dragons, especially the physical ones.

Poison Powder & Poison Gas Use Toxic.

Quash Like feint, it's a pure "garbageness"

Synchronoise Filler crap.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Here's the thing about Splash: it's completely useless.

This, by default, makes it better than moves that are negative, yes? Moves that help your opponent.

Such as moves that make your sacrifice an entire Pokemon just to lower some stats that can easily be gained back by switching.

Yes, I would rather use Splash on a Pokemon than Memento. Dead serious.

The Musician

Heracross trainer
How on earth does Flatter raises the target "wrong" stats when the game clearly states that its raises the target's Special Attack. What more it can be useful in double battle if you use it right.

It raises the "wrong" stat because damage received from confusion is equivalent to a 40-base power typeless physical attack. If your Attack is raised then you will do more damage to yourself from confusion. Since Special Attack isn't involved at all with the confuse status, it's pointless raising an opponent's Special Attack with no guarantee they will even hurt themselves. Swagger is high risk-high reward. Flatter is high risk-low reward.

Also I don't even see why Splash is being mentioned. Of course it's a completely useless move in battle...

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Aside from Splash, I think the worst move ever is constrict. Splash is just for... fun.

The Musician

Heracross trainer
For me its Odor Sleuth simply because I don't understand it.

Odor Sleuth actually has a niche for allowing Rapid Spinners to hit Ghost-types (although Foresight is more commonly used, seeing as Donphan is the only Pokemon that learns Odor Sleuth and Rapid Spin).

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Aura Sphere is the fighting type Flamethrower.

Aura Sphere has limited distribution, though. Flamethrower is everywhere.

I don't really see the point of Glaciate. It's basically (lol) Icy Wind on steroids.

Also, if you want to do a powerful Sonic Boom, this is how you do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9cz2un9gzA

Well, except for Magma Storm. And they aren't completely useless on the competitive scene, where you can use them for Perish trapping or something similar.

Last edited:

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Aside from the ever useless splash move, other rather useless moves are the "sport" moves (mud and water sport), feint, protect/detect and constrict.
- Nate the;448;

Mew The Gato

It raises the "wrong" stat because damage received from confusion is equivalent to a 40-base power typeless physical attack. If your Attack is raised then you will do more damage to yourself from confusion. Since Special Attack isn't involved at all with the confuse status, it's pointless raising an opponent's Special Attack with no guarantee they will even hurt themselves. Swagger is high risk-high reward. Flatter is high risk-low reward.

Also I don't even see why Splash is being mentioned. Of course it's a completely useless move in battle...

First of all, a Pokemon hitting itself in Confusion has 50 Power, not 40. Along with that, it can be used in Double Battles on your Ally, that is, usually, a Pokemon with Own Tempo or Persim Berry. That way, they get a free Special Attack Boost. The Move being named 'Flatter' indicates that a Pokemon is actually cheering its ally up.

Aside from the ever useless splash move, other rather useless moves are the "sport" moves (mud and water sport), feint, protect/detect and constrict.
- Nate the;448;

Protect is actually very helpful. It allows us to safely see the opponent's often would-be next Move, gives Poisoned, Badly Poisoned, Confused, Burnt and Leech Seed another turn of effect and even grants the user an extra turn to heal with Leftovers, Black Sludge, Ice Body, Rain Dish, etc.

fitzy909

Just another guy
mud sport, water sport etc. as they weaken moves not even significantly. also the pokemon that learn the moves already have a resistance to the type they weaken. they are fairly useless.