• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is the worst Pokemon move?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Focus energy.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Focus energy.

Don't see why. Raises critical hit ratios

Splash may actually have a small use against pokemon who like to use mimic, or to be mean to a smeargle that only has sketch.

I would say constrict is the worst, bar none.

telivisionhead

Splash can actually be used as a strategy, by having the opponent Mimicking it or something, or disabling it.

While that's true, Multi-hit moves can be put to great use with the ability Skill Link, which makes moves always hit 5 times.
Dragon Rage only does 40 HP damage, and it's not so great on higher-leveled Pokemon with a great amount of HP.

True about the splash strategy.

But splash is the worst by far. There are other bad moves. Double slap is also one for me.
Wild Pokemon: USES DOUBLESLAP
Me: Why the heck would you slap A HUGE DRAGON MADE OF ICE THAT CAN JUST LOOK AT YOU AND YOU'D RUN OFF! (kyurem, the leader of my team at the moment)

TheEliteEmpoleon

The worst moves would be those Multi-attack moves like bullet seed. Low power, and no security that it will do great damage. Dragon rage rocks though

Cloyster says otherwise...

I think Sonic Boom becomes extremely useless after like level 10. It's a real shame that such a cool move name was wasted on such a poor move.

zozo

SLIMED!
Worst move ever? Hmm... that's a tough one.

Memento has to be up there. Making your own Pokemon faint just to lower some stats is pretty ridiculous. Unless they're down to 1 Pokemon so they can't switch out to erase the stat decreases, it's a huge investment with proportionately little return.

Sweet Scent has to get a mention here. While it could have some use against Pokemon with abilities that boost evasiveness, it's much more efficient just to teach a never-miss damaging move.

But I think the grand prize has to go to Tackle, prior to Gen V. It's got garbage damage (35), the typing is Normal so it never does supereffective damage, it's one of the default moves on most Pokemon when they're born and it can miss? I think that's far worse than Constrict. Constrict is a useless, frustrating waste of space, sure, but at least it isn't widespread so it's rare that you have to suffer through training a Pokemon who knows it. Tackle is found on a ridiculous number of Pokemon, so the crap factor is really multiplied because of how often trainers have to deal with it. I mean, level grinding is a long enough project as it is, but slowing down the beginning levels by giving Pokemon a move that does little damage and can miss is just ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Luckily, GameFreak took pity on us and powered up the move in Gen V. Now it has 50 base damage and 100% accuracy. That makes far more sense as basic move that most Pokemon learn when they're starting to fight; not too great, but a reliable technique that will get you through the lower levels without too much hassle.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Worst move ever? Hmm... that's a tough one.

Memento has to be up there. Making your own Pokemon faint just to lower some stats is pretty ridiculous. Unless they're down to 1 Pokemon so they can't switch out to erase the stat decreases, it's a huge investment with proportionately little return.

Sweet Scent has to get a mention here. While it could have some use against Pokemon with abilities that boost evasiveness, it's much more efficient just to teach a never-miss damaging move.

But I think the grand prize has to go to Tackle, prior to Gen V. It's got garbage damage (35), the typing is Normal so it never does supereffective damage, it's one of the default moves on most Pokemon when they're born and it can miss? I think that's far worse than Constrict. Constrict is a useless, frustrating waste of space, sure, but at least it isn't widespread so it's rare that you have to suffer through training a Pokemon who knows it. Tackle is found on a ridiculous number of Pokemon, so the crap factor is really multiplied because of how often trainers have to deal with it. I mean, level grinding is a long enough project as it is, but slowing down the beginning levels by giving Pokemon a move that does little damage and can miss is just ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Luckily, GameFreak took pity on us and powered up the move in Gen V. Now it has 50 base damage and 100% accuracy. That makes far more sense as basic move that most Pokemon learn when they're starting to fight; not too great, but a reliable technique that will get you through the lower levels without too much hassle.

Latios would like to have a word with you.

Fire Pledge, Water Pledge and Grass Pledge are unnecessary. By the time you obtain those moves, your starters already have moves like Flame Burst, Scald or Leaf Blade... and you need trading to make the pledge moves stronger in doubles/triples.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Latios would like to have a word with you.

Fire Pledge, Water Pledge and Grass Pledge are unnecessary. By the time you obtain those moves, your starters already have moves like Flame Burst, Scald or Leaf Blade... and you need trading to make the pledge moves stronger in doubles/triples.

Not many Latios run Dual Screens.

Also, Although the pledge is pretty useless in singles, they should still get some use ind oubles (not sure)

Serebii!

I think Splash, it does nothing and has a high PP so it takes a while before you can even do damage with Struggle

Focus Punch..It's useless..sure it can be powerful but you enemy is most likely to attack you first make you lose focus punch..that's what pretty much happened to Chuck through out the fight against me..he kept using Poliwrath's focus punch and i kept hitting him..he never did any other move..so dumb

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Focus Punch..It's useless..sure it can be powerful but you enemy is most likely to attack you first make you lose focus punch..that's what pretty much happened to Chuck through out the fight against me..he kept using Poliwrath's focus punch and i kept hitting him..he never did any other move..so dumb

I wouldn't call it the worst move, you can use it under Substitute and/or a sleep move.

Anyway, Frustration or Simple Beam.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect

Focus Punch is ridiculously powerful and pairs well with Substitute. SubPunch Breloom is one of the most annoying things of the OU metagame, especially since it also has access to Spore.

Chinty

I think the worst pokemon move is Bide, i mean it takes forever to charge up and then it doesnt even do that much damage depending on ur pkmn lvl.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I think what you guys are overlooking is that Splash has a comic effect, which most other moves don't. It is clearly not the worst.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Baton Pass. Its advantages over switching are too minor that it's a waste imo

Yeah... this is a dumb post, really. Baton Pass transfers stat changes. SmashPass was banned in RU for a reason and is still annoying as hell in higher tiers. Though full baton pass teams fail.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I think the worst pokemon move is Bide, i mean it takes forever to charge up and then it doesnt even do that much damage depending on ur pkmn lvl.

Bide can actually be pretty strong if you can survive two hits. It caught me off-guard a lot.

But I have to admit Splash is just plain useless, and also Constrict cos it's soooooooo weak.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Worst Pokemon move? Feint. Sure, it has a priority of 2 and can hit through Protect and Detect, but it only does 30 damage. And with only 10PP, it just sucks. In Generation IV it was even worse, because it could only hit while the foe was using Protect/Detect.

Also, Constrict. Very weak, and its secondary effect is a 10% chance to lower Speed? And on top of that, most of the Pokemon that learn it by level-up (not counting the evolved ones that learn it at level 1) have low Attack, making it even more useless.

Another bad one is Bubble, which is almost like a Water-type version of Constrict effect-wise. I always hate it when I get a Water Pokemon that only knows this for a Water attack, especially if I don't have the HM for Surf yet. And Masquerain using it is just pointless... doesn't even do that much damage to a Geodude, due to lack of STAB.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer

That is, Unless Poliwrath hits you with Hypnosis first. ;)

The worst Pokemon move (aside from Splash) would have to be Growl or Tail Whip. Everything and their mother has this in game, and it's fairly useless when you use it. :/