• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think is the worst Pokemon move?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
The worst Pokemon move (aside from Splash) would have to be Growl or Tail Whip. Everything and their mother has this in game, and it's fairly useless when you use it. :/

Unless you're in a double battle, because it affects both foes.

Someone on some previous pages mentioned the multi-hit moves... True, the Skill Link ability helps, but those moves are also really useful on a Cinccino with Technician, since each hit gets a power boost. Especially if it's Bullet Seed, which is also 100% effective. Normal-type multi-hit moves like Fury Attack and Fury Swipes, on the other hand... not so much.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Detect. Every other wild pokemon or trainer pokemon in Gen V has Detect, and they use it over and over. When I'm trying to get past that Pokemon Breeder who just has to challenge you every single freaking time you walk past them and their pokemon uses detect six times in a row it just makes me want to tear my hair out in fistfuls.

For me, the worst move would be Present. It's not even that powerful of a move, and it has a chance of healing the foe.

Splash, at least to me, has some comedic value in 3D games. Just seeing Magikarp flop around... brings back good memories of when you defeat a certain famous creature in the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I laugh every time at seeing Splash.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I hate those who put in conclusion that Splash is the worst move. Eh, Splash can be used in more than one strategy.
As for me, I think we could talk about it for years to find nothing. A worst move just doesn't exist. But may I add something ?
Is somebody understand the move Snatch ? I just can't get it. Everytime I face a Sneasel or a Liepard, it uses this move while it does just... nothing and I kill them right after. I think this move is pretty hard to find a useful way, but if Splash can have one, I guess Snatch can too.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Unless you're in a double battle, because it affects both foes.

Someone on some previous pages mentioned the multi-hit moves... True, the Skill Link ability helps, but those moves are also really useful on a Cinccino with Technician, since each hit gets a power boost. Especially if it's Bullet Seed, which is also 100% effective. Normal-type multi-hit moves like Fury Attack and Fury Swipes, on the other hand... not so much.

Cinccino's Tail Slap says hello, I mean this thing does a lot of damage with a Technician boost and it's a staple in its competitive movesets. Skill Link also guarantees it will hit 5 times as well, and there's STAB on top of that.

But I do agree with whoever said Growl and Tail Whip since I have better luck by just raising my own stats anyway.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Detect. Every other wild pokemon or trainer pokemon in Gen V has Detect, and they use it over and over. When I'm trying to get past that Pokemon Breeder who just has to challenge you every single freaking time you walk past them and their pokemon uses detect six times in a row it just makes me want to tear my hair out in fistfuls.
I had this same problem but with protect, gawd protect is so freaking annoying.

Well aside from the obvious splash I'm going to have to say Volt Switch, not because its a bad move but because its annoying
as hell. Both ingame and in the meta game. Battling Elesa was a pain in the arse for me.

anothername

explosion, only when you are going to catch a shiny and it explodes, otherwise it's a good move

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
I hate those who put in conclusion that Splash is the worst move. Eh, Splash can be used in more than one strategy.
As for me, I think we could talk about it for years to find nothing. A worst move just doesn't exist. But may I add something ?
Is somebody understand the move Snatch ? I just can't get it. Everytime I face a Sneasel or a Liepard, it uses this move while it does just... nothing and I kill them right after. I think this move is pretty hard to find a useful way, but if Splash can have one, I guess Snatch can too.

Snatch steals an opponents stat raising move and uses it for itself. Its suppose to be for out predicting your opponent. Definitely more useful than splash...