• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think it is? :l

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
Bonjour my minions. ah am bobyjoe. I haseth Black 2 for just over a week, and I need a team rate. I really need help w/ single Super Train.

Dragonite@Persim Berry
252ATK/252SPE
Lonely
~Outrage
~Fly
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance

The Bulky Powerhouse. He hits hard, and with DD, he gets very fast and even stronger. Multiscale pretty much protects me from any non-Ice type pokemon or Haxorus' Outrage. Outrage is Main STAB. Fly for another STAB, and cover for grass, Bug and fighting. Earthquake gets Rock and Steel, as well as Electric.

Lucario @Focus Sash
252ATK/252SPE
Careful
~Ice Punch
~ExtremeSpeed
~Stone Edge/Swords Dance
~Close Combat

I hate his nature, but he's more physical anyways. He's like Maylene's. CC + Sash = ES = Kill. Ice Punch gets Dragons and ground types, and if I don't want to miss, for flying types. Stone Edge gets bugs, flyers, etc., but I can always replace for SD.

Volcarona@Expert Belt
252SPATK/252SPE
Modest
~Quiver Dance
~Fiery Dance
~Psychic
~Bug Buzz

My Special powerhouse. Pretty fast, and can usually OHKO. Psychic for Poison and fighting types. Quiver Dance for Power-up.Bug Buzz for Main STAB, and Fiery Dance over FT cuz SP.ATK raise come commonly. Decent Special Bulk as well.

Vaporeon @Mystic Water
252HP/252SP.ATK
Modest
~Surf
~Hyper Voice/Wish
~Shadow Ball
~Ice Beam

I love Vaporeon. Great nature, defenses and can take out any dragonite, salamence or garchomp that tries to beat it with Ice Beam. Surf for STAB. Shadow Ball for Jellicent, and Hyper Voice + Surf = Lots of coverage. Although I could replace HV for Wish, which with Vappy, is verry good. HP over Speed EVs due to already low defense and high HP.

Umbreon @Lefties
252HP/208DEF/44SP.DEF
Brave
~Moonlight
~Quick Attack/Sucker Punch
~Payback
~Toxic

MORE EEVEELUTIONS! Umbreon is the defensive beast of my team, able to take a DD Outrage from a garchomp. Moonlight for recovery, Quick Attack/Sucker Punch for priority, Payback for STAB, and with Toxic, I can out stall any non-Steel types or some bulky Poison types. People have been suggesting Curse over Snarl, but I really don't want to breed my Umbreon...

Zoroark @Life Orb
252SP.ATK/252SPE
Hasty
~Flamethrower
~Night Daze
~HP Fight
~U-Turn

Pretty much Umbreon's Physical counterpart. He is mixed, and good at it too. Using illusion, I usually pair him up with Crobat, as both Bug and Fight are 4x weak against crobat, and psychic is SE, confusing the opponent. Flamethrower and HP for Steel types, as well as Dark and rock for HP, Night Daze for STAB, U-Turn for a physical move just in case Blitchy the Blissey decides to come, as well as for scouting.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Serperior @Grass Gem
Naive
~Leech Seed
~Aqua Tail
~Giga Drain
~Return

Aqua Tail over Leaf Blade for more coverage, and you don't need to have 2 Grass moves anyway.

Lucario @Focus Sash
Careful
~Ice Punch
~ExtremeSpeed
~Rock Slide
~Close Combat

Since it is Careful, then might as well go fully Physical.

Crobat @Black Sludge
Adamant
~Return
~Fly
~Cross Poison
~X-Scissor

Get a new one, Calm is not a good Nature for Crobat unless you're willing to make it fully Special, which requires EV training.

Vaporeon @Mystic Water
Modest
~Surf
~Shadow Ball
~Hyper Voice
~Ice Beam

I'm sure Vappy will do just fine without a priority move that works off its low Attack stat. Waterfall is so rarely used you might as well use an actual HM slave instead.

Umbreon @Lefties
Brave
~Moonlight
~Quick Attack
~Payback
~Curse

For Umbreon, Payback is a much better move than Bite. Payback pretty much always has 100 base power. Curse is to boost its mediocre Attack (which is needed for Payback's damage) and its solid Defense. The Speed drop won't matter, since its attacking moves are Payback and Quick Attack.

Zoroark @Life Orb
Hasty
~Flamethrower
~Night Daze
~Hidden Power
~Return

Return is a decent physical move, having 102 base power at max Happiness, which it will eventually get anyway. Hidden Power because I'm assuming you're using N's Zorua, which has HP Fight. Dark + Fight has a wide coverage.

Comments in bold :)

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I don't suggest using return unless you put in the friendship and its stabbed with decent physical attack hyper voice although it does effect both opponents or all in a triple battle it gets no coverage against anything and if it faces a rock, steel, or ghost type your doomed to a lengthy battle, on umbreon yes payback does a lot of damage but with the amount of physical attackers these days used you should probably go for foul play via move tutor or even shadow ball since it isn't careful or adamant, ice punch its decent on Lucario but only against grounds and flyings and dragons, stone edge gets more power but less accuracy but does get slightly better coverage and enough damage to make a fuss over or get rid of rock slide for stone edge, I don't suggest using duel chop with it though I tried it and it does very little damage when not stabbed with haxorus or possibly garchomp, back to umbreon, based on umbreon's HP you should switch my idea of shadow ball

EDIT: my bad didn't realize I was looking at Shine's post my bad didn't see the corrections, listen to him, but yes get rid of aura sphere and dark pulse

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I don't suggest using return unless you put in the friendship

It will eventually has max friendship, as long as it is kept in the team and never faint.

and its stabbed with decent physical attack hyper voice although it does effect both opponents or all in a triple battle it gets no coverage against anything and if it faces a rock, steel, or ghost type your doomed to a lengthy battle

Vappy? It has Surf for Rocks and Steels, and Shadow Ball for Ghosts. Also, Water + Normal actually has a wide coverage :)

on umbreon yes payback does a lot of damage but with the amount of physical attackers these days used you should probably go for foul play via move tutor or even shadow ball since it isn't careful or adamant

Shadow Ball doesn't get STAB, and with a +Attack Nature, surely a physical attack like Payback is better.

Foul Play is unreliable, what if the opponent is something like a Jellicent, which has low Attack?

ice punch its decent on Lucario but only against grounds and flyings and dragons, stone edge gets more power but less accuracy but does get slightly better coverage and enough damage to make a fuss over or get rid of rock slide for stone edge, I don't suggest using duel chop with it though I tried it and it does very little damage when not stabbed with haxorus or possibly garchomp

Rock Slide VS Stone Edge is just the classic "power VS accuracy" thing. I admit, I should have put SE as an option next to RS.
Ice Punch is indeed for Grounds and Dragons. Flying is taken care by the Rock move ;)

....but no one, not even me, mentioned Dual Chop ._.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I thinks it iz a kewl team. Y r u posting natures if they s0ck?

Damnit Shine , why Quote?

Nasty Plot > Return , Zoroark gets it by Level , and Focus Miss > Hidden Power for nearly unresisted coverage.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
Alright, I got a new Lucario, EV'd it and now it just needs CC, ES and IP. I have Stone Edge already though.

Vaporeon I should be fine on. It just has Waterfall left, but I need to know, is HV a move tutor move?

Sceptile, I believe AT is a tutor move, right?

Considering I'll need a new Crobat, I haven't started on him yet.

Haven't touched Umbreon yet, but I will.

Lastly, I need to get HP from the Subway. And yes, it is N's.

The actual last thing, I need to reset Zoroark, Umbreon, Serperior, and Vaporeon's EVs with the Beauty Salon in Join . But I do need help distributional them

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
I thought of that and well, I'd like a couple other's advice to see if I should change Stone Edge to SD

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Fighting and Ghost already has unresisted(?) neutral coverage, so I'd go with SD to boost its massive Atk higher. Maybe even Agility as it does have mediocre speed, but not too low of bulk to survive hits.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I meant Fighting and Ice.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Damnit Shine , why Quote?

Nasty Plot > Return , Zoroark gets it by Level , and Focus Miss > Hidden Power for nearly unresisted coverage.

N's Zorua has 30 IV in everything along with Hasty Nature, making it perfect for a Mixed set. Also, the IV means it has HP Fight.

Though I admit, Return might not be the best idea for that.....but then again, the only other options are U-Turn and Low Sweep.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
since my Zoroark has higher Sp. atk, I'll stick with HP instead of Low Sweep, plus even if I did have U-turn, zoroark's speed when lowered to level 50 is only 144, due to no EV training (which I will need a ton of bitter items, and patience with join avenue. I wish I had more Salons)

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Since it has Hasty, it is best to use a mixed set, so you can cover a lot of Pokemon.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
mmhmm. I limited it out to U-turn and Return. But U-turn hits Dark and Psychic for super effective, which is already done by Night Daze and HP Fight

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
What I mean is, it will help you against a specially weak or physically weak Pokemon.

Bryan_Synergy

I've put together my first Pokemon team but maybe it needs improvement.....

Here are the Pokes :-
1. Zoroark - Makes a good lead,I guess?
2. Gyarados - My physical sweeper
3. Volcarona - Has a good movepool for special sweeping
4. Metagross - The bulky tanker + hardhitting supercomputer
5. Hydreigon - Another special sweeper aside Volcarona, only that it's a Killer Dragon...(or not....)
6. Gengar - Abusing Dream Eater gives nightmares to all ^.^

Can anyone help me list down their recommended moves and EVs? Help is greatly appreciated ^.^

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Make a new thread with movesets.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
epic facepalm moment has happened. anyways, I now have 2 salons, so I will be able to reduce EVs fast, so I can fix up my pokemon

EDIT: Lowered Vappy's EVs with the salon, and tomorrow I'll do some more just in case I missed some

Last edited: