• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of alternate Pokemon anime , like Origins, Generations, and Twilight Wings?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Only a few years back, I had enthusiasm for such. Watching Origins as well as Generations. However, over time, I've come to feel that while Pokemon works as an interactive medium like video games and cards, it just doesn't translate well to a passive medium. And if the various anime or manga adaptations are good, it is either because you're a Pokemon fan glad to see an adaptation of your beloved franchise or you enjoy it in spite of the fact it doesn't really work. I honestly have lost interest in such over time. Didn't bother to watch the whole of Twilight Wings nor do I really have an interest in doing so. What is your opinion on having such adaptations?
Pretty sure this applies to any franchise based on a video or card game. But, people watch fishing, golf, and poker, so I don't really see your point, actually.

Generations was amazing, Twilight Wings was pretty good, and Origins was boring.

Origins: Oh, great, Kanto, again, yay...when will Johto ever get the love it deserves?

Generations: Every region getting its own little miniseries? Great idea, and executed very well. They should do it again for Alola since Galar already has Twilight Wings.

Twilight Wings might have been better if I cared at all about the Galar characters, which I don't, really, and what little extra depth it gave them wasn't enough for me. Very pretty, though.

AxelJade

Pretty sure this applies to any franchise based on a video or card game. But, people watch fishing, golf, and poker, so I don't really see your point, actually.

Generations was amazing, Twilight Wings was pretty good, and Origins was boring.

Origins: Oh, great, Kanto, again, yay...when will Johto ever get the love it deserves?

Generations: Every region getting its own little miniseries? Great idea, and executed very well. They should do it again for Alola since Galar already has Twilight Wings.

Twilight Wings might have been better if I cared at all about the Galar characters, which I don't, really, and what little extra depth it gave them wasn't enough for me. Very pretty, though.
I'm going to come out and say it. I've never understood people being frustrated with Gen 1 pandering. Am I a Genwunner? No, but I don't see any point in getting worked up over it. As long as the work itself is good and the developers enjoyed making it, who cares? More Gen 1 Pokémon get Mega Evolutions and Regional Variants, while Gen 1 as a whole gets the most remakes and revists and returning characters? Okay. Did Game Freak enjoy working on them and put passion into things to produce a quality product out of it? Yes? Then you automatically forfeit your right to complain.

Granted, Origins isn't very good in my opinion, so maybe that argument doesn't hold up. But if the people who worked on Origins had a good time and felt fulfilled, who am I to complain? Let them make 1000 Kanto adaptations and erase all other regions from continuity. As long as it's a project the developers have passion for it, let them do as they please.

SH65

Victory Over All!
I'm going to come out and say it. I've never understood people being frustrated with Gen 1 pandering. Am I a Genwunner? No, but I don't see any point in getting worked up over it. As long as the work itself is good and the developers enjoyed making it, who cares? More Gen 1 Pokémon get Mega Evolutions and Regional Variants, while Gen 1 as a whole gets the most remakes and revists and returning characters? Okay. Did Game Freak enjoy working on them and put passion into things to produce a quality product out of it? Yes? Then you automatically forfeit your right to complain.
Um.... no people can complain if they want, you don't get to choose if they do or not.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Granted, Origins isn't very good in my opinion, so maybe that argument doesn't hold up. But if the people who worked on Origins had a good time and felt fulfilled, who am I to complain? Let them make 1000 Kanto adaptations and erase all other regions from continuity. As long as it's a project the developers have passion for it, let them do as they please.
And if I don't think it's a quality product, then what? The second half of your argument would be valid...if others had a right to do things for other regions, which they don't, obviously, because trademark and copyright, so it's Gen 1, Gen 1, Gen 1, over and over again, while the other generations, including Gen 2, which is literally attached to Gen 1, get scraps or nothing. Pokemon is not just one hundred and fifty one Pokemon and a handful of human characters yet it keeps being treated like one with how much focus Gen 1 continues to get to this day.
Now let's not turn this into a discussion about gen 1 "pandering". Stay on topic. No further comments off topic PLEASE.
Far too late to stop that now.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Wait so if the people who have an obvious bias for their own product enjoy their time worked on said product, my criticism for it is void? This is some very off logic. That’s not how criticism works.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I kind of wish we'd get Alola and Galar episodes of Generations for the Anniversary.

Oh sure, Galar has Twilight Wings. But if any reigon could use some alternate versions, it's Galar since the TV show has done next to nothing with it...
(We're approaching PM70 barely any Galar Characters or Pokemon have appeared, and probably won't :()

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Oh man if Alola and galar also got their 3 episodes for generations
For Alola
1) An episode involving the lusamine ultra beast battle with Lillie
2) An episode involving taking down ultra necrozma (and giving the URS an animated appearance)
3) An episode involving Rainbow Rocket
For Galar
1) An episode involving the darkest day plot
2) An episode involving taking down Leon in the climax
3) An episode involving calyrex

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
For Galar
1) An episode involving the darkest day plot
2) An episode involving taking down Leon in the climax
3) An episode involving calyrex
Not bad, not bad.

Though here's what I'd like:
-An episode about Marnie with Team Yell or Peirs
-An episode about Bede
-An episode about one of the DLC rivals (Avery, Klara, Peonia or her Dad)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not bad, not bad.

Though here's what I'd like:
-An episode about Marnie with Team Yell or Peirs
-An episode about Bede
-An episode about one of the DLC rivals (Avery, Klara, Peonia or her Dad)
The thing with generations was it always focused on major game events rather than character based story like Twilight Wings