• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of Goh catching a lot of Pokemon?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I mean alot of people didnt like Ash's Unova team cause he got to many Pokemon so it not just Go
The problem then was Ash simply didn't spend enough time with all of them because the series preferred to waste time with COTDs. This resulted in having more focus on characters...that were the cogs helping Iris and Cilan have something to do until they were unceremoniously written off. As a result, his team had a major issue of not being memorable.

When was he ever shown having special moments with Palpitoad, for example?

batman14

The problem then was Ash simply didn't spend enough time with all of them because the series preferred to waste time with COTDs. This resulted in having more focus on characters...that were the cogs helping Iris and Cilan have something to do until they were unceremoniously written off. As a result, his team had a major issue of not being memorable.

When was he ever shown having special moments with Palpitoad, for example?
I get that and do you think Go will have a special moments with all the Pokemon he got and i dont have a problem with him getting alot of just dont want him to get ones from the same Pokemon line cause if he does what he did with the Bugs line here he will have ike 700 and some Pokemon

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I get that and do you think Go will have a special moments with all the Pokemon he got and i dont have a problem with him getting alot of just dont want him to get ones from the same Pokemon line cause if he does what he did with the Bugs line here he will have ike 700 and some Pokemon
I don't know, because it's too early to tell.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
It really irks me to see why so many people are bothered by it. Everyone loved crystal from adventures, so what's the problem here? Especially when Go also interacts a bit with his Pokemon which crystal didn't do

I think the difference is that the manga handles captures differently than the anime overall. The anime places more emphasis on bonding with Pokemon that are caught, so if someone captures many Pokemon, most people would expect to see more bonding happen, which will be tough for Gou given how many Pokemon he already has.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm kind of curious to see how his reactions to battling will change once he's been in official battles, he might even want to compete in gyms or at least try one. Plus since Ash has all the Kanto badges already, he can try to get those while Ash challenges the Galar gyms for example.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think it's just as dumb as when Red did it in Origins.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Emboar_Rulez said:
I like how Ash finally has a traveling companion who cares about catching more then 3 Pokémon in a series

Haruka caught more than three Pokemon in her respective series, so this isn't the first time it's happened. Also in Gou's case it might become even more controversial for him to continue capturing so many Pokemon if he doesn't actively spend time with them all, and also because people think that Satoshi is getting left behind simply because he hasn't caught anything.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

However Go's goal is especially stated to be like that of Pokemon Go players. And yet we see him sharing atleast a few moments with his mons. He doesn't need to bond like Ash coz Ash's goal requires him to bond with his mon to achieve victory in battles.

batman14

However Go's goal is especially stated to be like that of Pokemon Go players. And yet we see him sharing atleast a few moments with his mons. He doesn't need to bond like Ash coz Ash's goal requires him to bond with his mon to achieve victory in battles.
Thats the thing i didnt say he needed to bond with them i just dont want him to catches every Pokemon from every line he should evolve them i dont mind he catching alot just not the same line

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Thats the thing i didnt say he needed to bond with them i just dont want him to catches every Pokemon from every line he should evolve them i dont mind he catching alot just not the same line
Well it would be pretty easier to catch than evolve but I'm sure he will evolve some.

Leonhart

Imagineer
batman14 said:

Someone also brought this up in the Pokemon Speculation thread before, and my answer was that if Gou had to evolve all his Pokemon from their base stages just to get them to their final evolutionary forms, it would take an extraordinary amount of time and effort on his part, especially if he'd have to do that for all his future Pokemon as well. So it's much easier for him to capture his Pokemon as-is, even if their final stages.

batman14

Someone also brought this up in the Pokemon Speculation thread before, and my answer was that if Gou had to evolve all his Pokemon from their base stages just to get them to their final evolutionary forms, it would take an extraordinary amount of time and effort on his part, especially if he'd have to do that for all his future Pokemon as well. So it's much easier for him to capture his Pokemon as-is, even if their final stages.
And like i said in here if he do what he did with the Kanto Bugs he would have like 700 Pokemon that is why i said one from each line

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
And like i said in here if he do what he did with the Kanto Bugs he would have like 700 Pokemon that is why i said one from each line
Doesn't matter if he is not going to use them. Like he is using scyther, then maybe he will evolve it into scizor, rather than catching a different scizor.

Further, I think that we will get some kind of arc after few episodes, in which Go will learn that he doesn't need to catch every single pokemon he runs into, catch only those which develop some kind of bond with him!!

batman14

Doesn't matter if he is not going to use them. Like he is using scyther, then maybe he will evolve it into scizor, rather than catching a different scizor.

Further, I think that we will get some kind of arc after few episodes, in which Go will learn that he doesn't need to catch every single pokemon he runs into, catch only those which develop some kind of bond with him!!
and thats the point of why i said he sould of got 1 from each line

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm still not sure how I feel about Go catching so many pokémon yet. It's a new concept for the anime after following Ash's methods for 20+ years, so I need some time to adjust and see whether or not I like it.

If anything, I'd be happy if Go just has a few staple pokémon in rotation like Scorbunny & Scyther while still showing small scenes of him bonding with all of his pokémon like we saw at the end of episode 6.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
batman14 said:

Is there any particular reason why him having hundreds of Pokemon would be a bad thing? Capturing Pokemon is a big part of what the franchise is about, so I say the more the merrier.