• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of Goh catching a lot of Pokemon?

Leonhart

Imagineer
CMButch said:
I don't like it. He should've stuck if 5-6 Pokemon and that's it.

Wouldn't that be the same thing that Satoshi's been doing since the start of the series? At least Gou catching Pokemon more frequently and en masse is different from the norm.

dman_dustin

I don't like it because of the implication that Ash won't be catching anything.

Or rather why let Ash catch anything when Go will obviously take priority. I want to be wrong, but this just gives them an excuse not do anything with Ash and I think they'll abuse it.

Hence the whole Ash presumably didn't catch anything in SS006 despite indication he wanted to (though the Battle Frontier battle episode might prove me wrong)

World Turtle

Or rather why let Ash catch anything when Go will obviously take priority. I want to be wrong, but this just gives them an excuse not do anything with Ash and I think they'll abuse it.

Hence the whole Ash presumably didn't catch anything in SS006 despite indication he wanted to (though the Battle Frontier battle episode might prove me wrong)

I agree. I want to see Ash catch stuff. Of course I don't exactly care that Gou got all the Kanto Bugs. It would have been cool to see Ash get his own Scyther though and maybe get a new Butterfree.

I'm hoping Ash got something off-screen since we never saw what Pikachu heard when the duo split up the first time. Did they find and catch something or not?

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:

I can understand that concern to some extent, but the thing is that we're only six episodes into this saga, so to me it seems a bit premature to worry about whether or not Satoshi will catch Pokemon just because Gou's the go-to Pokemon catcher at the moment. Things can change.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I don't really have thoughts... just questions? What was the point of installing in our ears for the past 22 years that you need to weaken a Pokemon to capture it only to contradict it and have Go catch the entire forest? Honestly if it was one or two, I could excuse it but kid was capturing entire evolution lines.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
It's absolutely fine that Gou is catching Pokemon at the pace that he is. If anything, it's closer to the games than it ever was. It's especially a nod to Go and Let's Go where you can throw a Pokeball and catch a Pokemon without battling them. Even so, Gou has battled Pokemon whenever he struggles to catch them. It's the best of both worlds. Plus, he's definitely going to have a core team at some point, so if he catches Pokemon and bonds with them later (like literally every Pokemon player EVER), so be it. None of you were complaining when Red caught virtually every Pokemon he had offscreen, even though it was a miniseries. In fact, I recall people BEGGING to make the anime more like origins. Make up your minds.

World Turtle

I hated how Gou caught like every Pokémon except like two without catching it it’s teaching kids the wrong way to catch Pokémon.

Gou is doing it the Pokemon Go way where you just throw the pokeball at the pokemon (though I know berries are involved, but that might be a tricky game mechanic to adapt). He did learn he can't always just throw the ball at them.

Plus Gou does need to catch up to Ash. Who has already caught over 40 Pokemon.

I only hope they don't take forever to give Ash his team for this saga. It'll just be aggravating watching Go going on these catching sprees only to watch Ash try and fail to not get anything. Seriously SM's pacing for building Ash's team was terrible. I hope they do the BW pacing now that Gou has started catching stuff.

I have a theory that Gou is going to follow the type advantage chain during each of his major catching sprees. Fire (Scorbunny) beats Bug (Scyther), Bug beats Grass, Dark, Psychic. Given the rarity of the latter two types I could see a Grass catching spree being the easiest to do which would then lead into a Water catching spree (Gou and Ash go on a fishing trip). Water beats Ground and Rock so next up they go mountain climbing and spelunking. And so on.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Currently a bit torn, from the most recent it seems like Gou at least interacts with the Pokémon he catches. There is still the tricky issue of dealing with Legendaries the anime deems "uncatchable" and the four Pokémon with controversies affecting their anime appearances (Kadabra and the Porygon line).

World Turtle

I kind of wonder if they'll do an episode where Gou wants to catch something specific, something rare, and hard to find if only for the challenge after doing several catching sprees only for Ash to find it and befriend it and have it choose Ash to be its trainer after Gou spends the episode pursuing it. With the idea being while Gou wants to learn about it on academic level, Ash wants to know who it is personally.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I don't mind Go catching a lot of pokemon because i feel its what most players do anyway.

Ash will get something eventually, in the 2 years till Gen 9.

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
I kind of wonder if they'll do an episode where Gou wants to catch something specific, something rare, and hard to find if only for the challenge after doing several catching sprees only for Ash to find it and befriend it and have it choose Ash to be its trainer after Gou spends the episode pursuing it. With the idea being while Gou wants to learn about it on academic level, Ash wants to know who it is personally.

That will probably happen at some point since it seems like the kind of plot that we would get where the tables are turned on Gou. One of my fears about Gou's catching sprees is that he might begin encountering very rare Pokemon in a way that's too unbelievably convenient.

batman14

It really irks me to see why so many people are bothered by it. Everyone loved crystal from adventures, so what's the problem here? Especially when Go also interacts a bit with his Pokemon which crystal didn't do
I mean alot of people didnt like Ash's Unova team cause he got to many Pokemon so it not just Go