• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of Goh catching a lot of Pokemon?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Unfortunately, social media tends to be fairly toxic when it comes to criticism of episodes or characters such as Gou. I haven't seen as much hate for Gou's capture sprees in recent weeks, although his capture of Goloog in this week's episode will only make matters worse if the episode thread is anything to go by.

Twitter is generally a toxic place and especially for the Pokemon games. But when it comes to anipoke I surprisingly like it.

desdar300

I don't really mind go personally but I feel like his goal is something that the staff bit off more than they could chew with.
They never seem to be able to handle a large bodies of Pokemon and with more and more coming each episode I can only imagine that most of them are just going to be relegated to to lab fodder

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I'm fine with his Pokemon not getting screentime. It would be too cumbersome to give them all focus, and it'd take away from other stories. I'm fine with them being rotated in and out, getting focus when they're needed. Since Go's goal isn't battle-related, he doesn't need to have them constantly getting focus or shown improving. I look forward to each week's episode because I'm curious about what he'll catch and how.

My main issue is him catching things easily, especially with wild Pokemon just randomly appearing before him for no reason. But it looks like they're slowly moving away from that.

Jibanyan

I hope next series we go to a one-person format, you heard me. No companions. Just Satoshi. All the captures for Satoshi. All the screen time. All the glory for Satoshi. All girls worship him. He never fails or loses. Everyone licks his boots.

Give me ALL the fan fiction.

Why do you think everyone who dislikes what they are doing with Go must be rabid Ash fanboys? Do you honestly think there is not another way to be upset with Go? "Everyone who dislikes Go is a Ash's Fanboy, therefore any criticism is not valid and Go is perfect". I was really excited when the poster was revealed, Go has a great and gender non conforming design and Scorbunny is adorable and I never expected his Pokémon to get much development but I'm dissapointed, not even Pokémon Go is that easy.

World Turtle

I would like it if we did have no companions and it was just Ash and his Pokémon, but the focus isn’t so much on Ash but on his Pokémon. I’m here for them and their stories. Ash should be a decoy protagonist who is really the mentor to his sports team who are the real stars of the show.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Why do you think everyone who dislikes what they are doing with Go must be rabid Ash fanboys? Do you honestly think there is not another way to be upset with Go? "Everyone who dislikes Go is a Ash's Fanboy, therefore any criticism is not valid and Go is perfect". I was really excited when the poster was revealed, Go has a great and gender non conforming design and Scorbunny is adorable and I never expected his Pokémon to get much development but I'm dissapointed, not even Pokémon Go is that easy.
Maybe because much of the criticism comes with a tag line about “Satoshi did all the work!!!!” or people outrage over Gou’s final stage Pokémon as “handouts” while overlooking Satoshi’s literal free Kairyu from a few episodes ago? Or how people blame Gou for his lack of captures when Satoshi’s goal and captures have never been like Gou’s so it wouldn’t make sense for him to do things like a Gou. And yes there are some fans who are rabidly angry and fuming anytime their golden-boy is “disrespected” by another character. One user said it already but fans need to stop living through Satoshi. You’re going to get 50% of Gou focus via PM because it’s being handled as a double adventure between the two boys.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I hope next series we go to a one-person format, you heard me. No companions. Just Satoshi. All the captures for Satoshi. All the screen time. All the glory for Satoshi. All girls worship him. He never fails or loses. Everyone licks his boots.

Give me ALL the fan fiction.
So XY Ash without his cheerleader squad and he actually makes Alain his *****.
Um, that clearly was a joke.

Soniman

Break the Limit
You people are so basic. I think we should just have shots of backgrounds and no characters whatsoever, a literal window into the Pokemon world with nothing impeding us

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I do not like Gou at all based on what I’ve seen in comments on these threads. I personally do not like Pokémon GO because it changes almost every mechanic compared to the main games, it started as Genwunner material and got popular only because of phone accessibility and nostalgia grabbing, and it’s why I consider GO to be the one thing that ruined the latest main series games. Now the popularity of GO has seeped in, it has ruined the anime by making it no longer have a concrete focus and/or story.

The fact that Scorbunny is the only Pokémon that Gou keeps on his team while everything else gets transferred to Sakuragi with zero development concerns me. You can also Gou’s catching style is a sheer shoutout to GO and its “exclusive” players who refuse to explore other parts of the franchise, with Rotom Phone also quoting the stuff when you get a very good throw in GO also annoys me.

I also do not like how Ash still has not yet caught a Gen 8 Pokémon and is stuck with a current team of Gen 1 Pokémon, yet Gou has already caught two Galar Pokémon with the captures of Scorbunny and Skwovet.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think the whole "live through Ash" is a big exageration. And I'm a big fan of the character since... Ever. I've started watching because I like him, returned because his AG look was cool (and May had replaced misty, a character I've never like but let's not venture into that), I'm sticking to it because I like him and even consider him a role model (mock all you want, I don't care).

But I'd never say I'd live through him. Of course I want him to get all my favorites - though I'd content with just Chespin - but I won't stop watching the show or think if it's ruined if he either don't get them or if he takes a backseat for a new character.

I'm a bit suspicious when I'm defending Go because he was the kind of male character I've been wanting in the show ever since I saw the GS male PC art in a Nintendo magazine way back in the day (1999-2000 to be exact). My only issue with Go is the lack of battling and using Scorbunny for anything other than being a walking plush doll.

Maybe because much of the criticism comes with a tag line about “Satoshi did all the work!!!!” or people outrage over Gou’s final stage Pokémon as “handouts” while overlooking Satoshi’s literal free Kairyu from a few episodes ago?

And it's important to mention Naganadel, who did really well on Alola League despite never training while on Ash's team.

Izzygrace07

I tend to write a lot, so I'm sorry if this turns into an essay :oops:

I like things that are different, and this is one of them. He has that goal that many pokemon players have, completing the pokedex. He is a researcher who wants to learn everything he can about pokemon, and catching them is how he wants to do so. That makes sense to me.

Plus, I think it's important to note that he becomes a little obsessed at certain points and it causes him to become negligent of his Pokemon, as well as the fact that he doesn't really battle with them because he thinks using pokeball after pokeball is faster. In the later episodes, you see his and Hibunny's relationship strain, especially in the episode revolving around Hibunny wanting to learn Ember. Goh doesn't see a reason to help his pokemon become stronger, despite the fact that it wants to. That's neglectful. It's almost like, once Hibunny evolves into Rabbifoot, the roles reverse, and Goh recognizes that Rabbifoot is unhappy due to how Goh was behaving as a trainer, so focused on pokedex completion that he didn't think about the feelings of his pokemon. He wants to become a better trainer, and that's important development considering what we've seen from his character so far.

It can be argued that this development could have been done differently, but I think that his wanting to catch every pokemon is a good thing, not so much for his overall goal, but for the development of his character. He's antisocial and self-absorbed to a degree, and has quite the ego; catching so many pokemon and dedicating himself to becoming a better trainer to those he brings with him are gonna be important...I think.

I don't know, I just really like Goh, I'm not the best a phrasing things, and it's 4 in the morning.

Sword master zacian

Its ok when go catches one-three pkm in a ep and catches something like rattata,etc. Normally it is better if he got smoething like golurk ,darmanitan time to time after 10-12 epsiodes not always
But its super annoying to see go catching darmanitan like pkm with just a single throw and also when go catches more than enough in a single episode

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Remember when Go's nature as a lonely recluse was brought up and he caught a cubone, another lonely recluse, and then did absolutely nothing to follow up on that and grow as a character, instead suddenly treating raboot like a lonely recluse?

Good times

Stan_Smith_7736.png

"Lying is wrong! I'd know that if only I'd paid attention to anything that's ever happened to me before!"

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
It seems he saw them more like collections for his capture data than sentient beings to be bonded with, if his interactions with Raboot in their focused episode is any indications.

Jibanyan

Remember when Go's nature as a lonely recluse was brought up and he caught a cubone, another lonely recluse, and then did absolutely nothing to follow up on that and grow as a character, instead suddenly treating raboot like a lonely recluse?

Good times

I really thought it would be his second main Pokémon like Trace in LGPE

Leonhart

Imagineer
AznKei said:
It seems he saw them more like collections for his capture data than sentient beings to be bonded with, if his interactions with Raboot in their focused episode is any indications.

Yes and considering that he set out to fill his Zukan, I thought that it was implied fairly early on in the series that he would treat his Pokemon more like pieces of a collection than as sentient beings. Whether that's good or not is up for debate, but I personally didn't expect anything different.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Maybe it's the episodic format at play? It will constantly regress Goh's character development for the sake of keeping a story in every episode.

Like Stan Smith!