• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of Pokemon Best Wishes so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampionRed

I am disappointed really.... I was excited to see Team Plasma vs Team Rocket which was delayed because of the Earthquake and Tsunami which I understand but later on canceled and the Creator of Pokemon stating that it was too violent for children which p****d me off.

I nearly dropped the Pokemon anime but I was still hanging on, hoping Team Plasma will make an entrance to the Anime soon. Its now nearing to the league once again and still no sign of Team Plasma or N!

I was still excited to see the rest of Elite four or the legendary Pokemon Zekrom (we saw tiny bit of Zekrom at the start but still) and Reshiram. It was good to see Team rocket serious and stuff but if any of these don't show up, then watching Best Wishes was a big waste of my time.

What do you think of the Anime so far?

SlimeStack

I think it's great. The animation is pretty, and I like how Ash has finally gotten back into the habit of storing Pokémon in labs/PC instead of having a single team more or less for the entire saga. I like what they did to Team Rocket but the next time we see them I'd like it if they gave them a bit more personality. They seem a bit robotic in their new roles, which is very noticeable considering how energetic they used to be.

I really like Iris and Cilan too, especially the latter after Brock overstaying his welcome by far.

I don't particularly want to see Plasma. They had their episodes, and while it's unfortunate we didn't see them, it feels like they were planning on getting that story out of the way early on so they could try some original stories with Team Rocket as the main villains, and I like that tbh.

Either way, it's really good and I'm always eager to see the next episode.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Tbh it could have been way better. Team Plasma and N appearing would have made this series more interesting imo and I'm not thrilled about Team Rocket being the main villains again -_-

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I am disappointed really.... I was excited to see Team Plasma vs Team Rocket which was delayed because of the Earthquake and Tsunami which I understand but later on canceled and the Creator of Pokemon stating that it was too violent for children which p****d me off.

Yeah, when was this actually said? I would like a source on A) the episodes being cancelled and B) the creator of Pokemon saying it was too violent for children.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I actually really like it so far, it's my favorite out of all the seasons because of the characters. (Which is the main reason I like it as much as I do, I admit some things could have been done better...) I pretty much agree with SlimeStack on this expect for the part about Team Plasma. A subplot with them could of be interesting. ^&^

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, I like the newer animation and Best Wishes 2 seeing older Pokemon again after going a year without seeing some made it better and miss the older ones. Dento is a good character, I've been enjoying him at least. Ash is funny than again I never thought he lost that side but thats me. Over all, my least favorite of the series but maybe it will get better.

Ver-mont

He never said that. I don't think he even has anything to do with the anime.

They simply postponed the episodes indefinitely and it's smelling like "GS Ball move" to me. Leave it there and never talk about it again in hopes people will eventually forget.

ChampionRed

Well whatever, it was a rumor I kept hearing around the internet because the episodes were postponed for such a long time.

Well if the episodes don't get aired I hope they plan to make it into a Pokemon movie, movie dedicated to Team Plasma vs Team Rocket etc (Highly doubt its going to happen but you never know). xD Anyways I am enjoying the new series again Pokemon Black and White/Best Wishes (whatever you wanna call it, its the same thing).

I don't know but they might have plans after the Unova League. B2W2 Team Plasma might show up aswell as N, Leader of Team Plasma Ghetsis with more of Zekrom and Reshiram finally revealing itself then Kyurem, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem which was spotted in the Japanese Opening of Pokemon Best Wishes S2 Rival Destinies or at least the rest of Elite Four. =D

EDIT:

After looking around the forums for a bit I made an amazing discovery of N and Team Plasma! HELL YEAH!

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If nothing else Best Wishes has taught me a important lesson about the Pokemon anime that I will never forget. And that is to keep my expectations of Pokemon anime very, very low. Honestly I won't lie I have been spoiled with AG and DP that I thought Best Wishes was going to take the best from these two sagas and make the best Pokemon anime that could ever have been made. Best Wishes has just been one horrible disappointment after the other. I can only hope the news everyone is celebrating in the spolier section can help it but my expectations are low and I'll keep them that way. My new saying from now on until it comes is "Bring me Gen 6 Please."

So in a nutshell, I don't like it.

It's terrible and I feel like I lose a little bit of my intelligence every time I watch it.

Mightyena97

Hoenn Champion
It is really good but in my opinion, Ash has reached his 8th badge too quickly in the Unova league.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I don't know... I guess characters like Burgendy (is that how it's spelt?) and Georgia have interesting designs, but there are some running gags that get old pretty fast (Stephan's name being said wrong, Bianca knocking Ash into a conviniently placed mass of water etc.) and the Pokémon often get dumb voices (Archeops and Emmet's Eelektross are shining examples).

Also, what is with everyones' upper teeth? The way they're drawn makes everyone look like a dumbass.

Last edited:
Overall, it's alright, just another gen, but it feels like such a drop in quality compared to Advanced and Diamond and Pearl. It feels like a reboot. Hopefully gen 6 will be better.

Bluelatios*

Overall, I think BW tried to be different but in doing so, it felt rather disconnected from the rest of the anime series. There were huge transitions with Ash and Team Rocket, but it didn't seem to flow well. Neither did the dialogue, which I felt the script writers did a lazy job in making it seem very natural (though I can't comment on Japan's version). I really think that the producers are just going through a period where they really don't know what they want the anime to be, or they simply think they can "get by" using less fleshed out aspects. And I mean no offense to any of you who think BW is very good, but in my experience Pokemon has a lot more potential to really reach out and appeal to a wider fanbase.

If I had to pick one word to describe what Pokemon needs presently, its refinement. Pokemon has always had all the necessary tools for that; a giant, fantastic setting, tons and tons of characters each with unique personalities/abilities, plenty of ways to create adventures, etc. With all that, they really ought to take some time to focus on what the audience as a whole is expecting and exceed that expectation. (A good opportunity will arise when N is introduced). Pokemon has the limitless potential to compete with any and all entertainment. That's an easy fact to forget and sometimes hard to utilize with too many options at once. But they've certainly got the tools, the question is do they have the talent?

Last edited:

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
God, how many threads for angry fans to whine about Best Wishes and pine for the good old days of Advanced Generation and Diamond/Pearl does that forum NEED?

I swear, do you people want to turn this place into Bulbagarden?

For me, I really enjoy Best Wishes. It feels the closest to the Kanto saga in that it doesn't stick to a tight formula, balances seriousness and comedy well, and actually takes risks and tries new things. The Kanto saga is my favorite and IMHO the best; anyone who claims this is due to "nostalgia goggles" are full of Bouffalant. So I don't mind that BW returns to Kanto style and dispenses with the AG and D/P way of doing things. I generally liked AG well enough, but the writing formula held it back, and I mostly despise D/P, which alot of the fandom seems to think is the paragon of good writing in the Pokemon anime when I find it the total opposite. The Pokemon anime desperately needed change after D/P, and BW has delivered.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
God, how many threads for angry fans to whine about Best Wishes and pine for the good old days of Advanced Generation and Diamond/Pearl does that forum NEED?

I swear, do you people want to turn this place into Bulbagarden?

For me, I really enjoy Best Wishes. It feels the closest to the Kanto saga in that it doesn't stick to a tight formula, balances seriousness and comedy well, and actually takes risks and tries new things. The Kanto saga is my favorite and IMHO the best; anyone who claims this is due to "nostalgia goggles" are full of Bouffalant. So I don't mind that BW returns to Kanto style and dispenses with the AG and D/P way of doing things. I generally liked AG well enough, but the writing formula held it back, and I mostly despise D/P, which alot of the fandom seems to think is the paragon of good writing in the Pokemon anime when I find it the total opposite. The Pokemon anime desperately needed change after D/P, and BW has delivered.

Does it really surprise you that the general consensus feels a certain way? Nobody is saying past sagas were perfect, we all know there were a ton of crap episodes in every saga and some main characters or rivals were handled poorly. But for every crap thing the writers did there were many good things to make up for it.

I think basically the mistakes with Ash's team handling this gen, capturing so many pokemon but handling them all badly is a big mistep. Ash's Unova team is probably his least popular team in the entire series, and if his starters don't evolve its a huge step back from what Ash's previous teams were like.

Status
Not open for further replies.