• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of Pokemon Best Wishes so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I think it's quite terrible, there were some good episodes but not enough to cover the bad, and the worst thing about this saga is the unova exclusive music! dear god! who thought off that?

Anyways i personally cant wait till the 6th gen, hopefully it isn't as bad as this one :S

simply terrible

jh941

I liked how they gave Ash the rotation team, although the screentime backfired. I liked the animation, and the gym battles were quite good. I am happy with the team, with the reserves all powered up and then the starters. But I wasn't too happy with the screentime for some members, how Dragonite was shoved to iris, and it would have been nice to have seen Plasma throughout the series, but this upcoming series could redeem that.

Nanami

Banned
Iris kills it for me. At first it seemed it was going in a nice direction but then it went all GAFUGH!I do like Ash and Cilan combo and Bianca is cute and fun. Stepgon too

ChampionRed

Iris kills it for me. At first it seemed it was going in a nice direction but then it went all GAFUGH!I do like Ash and Cilan combo and Bianca is cute and fun. Stepgon too

The only thing I hate about Iris is the same sentences she keeps on saying to Ash in nearly every episode every 3 ~ 5 minutes. "Your Such a Kid" and "You're Such a little Kid".
I found it funny at first but it started to get old and then got really annoying. Iris partly killed the show for me but I have changed my views on BW and placed it in my "It's Okay list" at the moment but its slipping away bit by bit after seeing the episodes on the Unova league first battle.

I hope the filler arc next will redeem the show for me and go into my "Best top 3 Pokemon Saga list".

BlueDragonfangirl

I thought Johto was the least favorite of the series, Best Wishes seems to be winning those polls now.

It's alright as a series. Could have been worse, but I'd say it was disappointing. It started off really well with a nice feeling to it, went South in the middle up until the Unova League, HOWEVER the N arc seems like it may truly redeem Best Wishes and make it an arc to remember again. We'll have to see. Overall my second least favorite series right now but that could change depending on how the N portion of BW2 plays out.

Right now I'd say IMO:

OS = AG > BW > DP

All of the arcs are good in different ways, but that's how I feel overall.
DP's only my least favorite because it didn't have any truly lighthearted and simplistic moments. It was so mature, I felt detached in a way. BW's the reverse for me in that it doesn't have enough maturity in it barring TRio. OS and AG had a nice balance of both so that's why they are my favorites. That and barring BF dub by TPCi, I loved the 4Kids dub take on the anime, edits and all included.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Best Wishes has an identity crisis. Its not sure what it wants to be, and sort of hovers blending in elements of all the sagas into one, but not doing any of it all that well.

Best Wishes has an identity crisis. Its not sure what it wants to be, and sort of hovers blending in elements of all the sagas into one, but not doing any of it all that well.

Yeah it's an awkward amalgamation of previous series aspects tbh.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Despite having the stupidest name for a Pokemon season I've seen so far, I'm still enjoying it. Yes, I am aware that there's a sort of identity crisis going on in this Gen, but overall I sill think the overall tone is a nice change of pace from what we were getting prior to this.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Despite having the stupidest name for a Pokemon season I've seen so far, I'm still enjoying it. Yes, I am aware that there's a sort of identity crisis going on in this Gen, but overall I sill think the overall tone is a nice change of pace from what we were getting prior to this.

It basically the writers trying to mix the Kanto formula with the writing of Hoenn and Sinnoh and not doing a good job of either.

If anything it feels like it takes the weakest aspects of those 3 regions and puts them together, rather than the good points.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
It basically the writers trying to mix the Kanto formula with the writing of Hoenn and Sinnoh and not doing a good job of either.

If anything it feels like it takes the weakest aspects of those 3 regions and puts them together, rather than the good points.

Maybe it's the fact that this is the first full season I've watched since Jhoto, but I don't think it's all that bad. Confused, yes. But not horrible by any means.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I think best wishes is ok. It's not great, but it's not bad. I like how there are a lot less filler episodes than sinnoh, that's good. There were too many before. I don't think they handled the rivals very well. His rivalries don't seem as serious as with paul and he hasn't had enough full battles. To finish off my rival ranting, the league seems pretty poor. I can't believe the first round was 1 vs. 1, they haven't even had 6 vs. 6 battles yet. Also ash's pokemon haven't had enough screen time. i like how he's caught more, but i mean pokemon like boldore and palpitaod haven't had any screen time. to finish off, this saga is ok, but i think the next part, the bit featuring N, will make it better. Hopefully!

Latiken

I like Pokemon: Best Wishes!. While it does have its shortcomings, but it's definitely not the worst they had to offer.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I actually like Best Wishes. It's definitely not my favorite (DP still has that title) but it's definitely a lot better then AG if you ask me.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
it was ok at first :) iris did piss me off alot in the beginning of the journey, but cilan is great biana stefan georgia burgundy are also great , i hate trip, the season by far right now is going great. dawn comming back really made it fro me :) i missed her alot, to bad she is leaving soon :( , but i can say its fairly good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.