1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of revives and max revives?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by TheOriginalOne, Jun 24, 2012.

?

What role do the (max) revives play in your games?

1. I use them, and I see no problem with that.

86.7%
  2. I use them, but I don't like that.

8.0%
  3. I don't use them, tought sometimes I feel tempted to.

0.9%
  4. I don't use them and/because I don't want to.

4.4%
  1. blackterminator3

blackterminator3 Well-Known Member

I think Revives are great, I only use them when I really need to.

2. "Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome Well-Known Member

I only rarely use them outside the elite 4 because I like to save up on them. So technically, I do use (max) revives.

3. Shazdar

Shazdar Why is blue?

Ya i save my revives up to until the elite four.
    Whenever i go to pokecenter i buy one revive at least no idea why but i do.

4. Jonah the Slaking

Jonah the Slaking Couch-bound Warrior

Revives are important. It's like using a revival spell in a fantasy game. It takes time, costs a lot (at the beginning, anyway), and you don't have access to it at first. They're in the game for you to use, so why not use them?

5. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

There's nothing wrong with it, in the anime ash doesn't have to face every member of the elite 4 then the champion at the same time..

6. Sceptile40

Sceptile40 The One...

Yeah I just used them for the Elite Four. I was soo underleveled. I needed like 50 of those.

7. Sceptile40

Sceptile40 The One...

Sorry, my computer sucks and screwed this up.

8. Sceptile40

Sceptile40 The One...

Same here.

9. Silver Bolt

Silver Bolt Undying flames

They help me to win a battle if I'm in a pinch. Like I have only one or two pokemon left, the opponent's HP is really low, I use a Revive followed by a Super/Hyper Potion if I can, my pokemon dies and I switch to the other pokemon and I win. I see no problem in that. Sure, the other trainers aren't programmed to do that, but it's fine with me. I don't see myself not using Phoenix Downs in Final Fantasy when the enemies can't just revive other fallen enemies, so of course I'll use Revives in Pokemon where the opponents can't do that. It's the same thing for me.

10. (·-·)(o_O)

(·-·)(o_O) oh hai there

I only use them when I need to like if I only have 1 remaining pokemon and it's about to faint in a battle but if I'm not in a battle I like to go to the pokemon center. Free healthcare FTW

11. POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!! Well-Known Member

I'll be honest that I don't use revives because they waste my time.

12. tyranitarenthusiast

tyranitarenthusiast Well-Known Member

i think they are little crystals that sort of dissolve in the pokemon's mouth
    kinda like HP trapped in amber

13. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I love revives and use them alot

14. TheReckless1

TheReckless1 Mind Wipe

I use revives only at the elite 4. The way I see it, they wouldn't put it in the game if they didn't expect you to use them.

15. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

I don't use them normally during battle (because I find that at times you fall into a trap) but other than that I use them after battles if I don't feel like going to the Pokemon Center, or if I'm battling the E4.

16. Dragon Trainer X

Dragon Trainer X 良い感じ!

I don't use them that much, seeing as though I don't need to >_>

They're perfectly fine to use. What if you are in a cave and only have one more Pokemon left at a low level?

17. RXL Hope

RXL Hope User

I'll use them and I find them to be fair game. It's not like illegal or anything, it's just a helpfull item that NPCs never have on them.

18. Wishing Star

Wishing Star Astral Charm Owner

Revives I use whenever I feel like using them, since Poké Marts sell them.
    Max Revives, on the other hand, I collect, because Poké Marts don't sell them. :)

19. trident20

trident20 ground types

I just get annoyed when gym leaders/elite four use them.

20. asdfgh23

asdfgh23 New Member

you should just use the herbs you can get in the driftveil market there are full revival herbs and healing herbs