• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of the Team Rocket trio's friendship?

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
The friendship and close bond that Jessie, James, and Meowth have has always been my favorite friendship. It seems that their friendship has developed relatively well throughout the series.

Their friendship has been put to the ultimate test numerous times (ex. Episode: Noodles Roaming Off) They fight over the most trivial / insignificant things and get frustrated with each other, but in the end, they always have each other's back and wish the best for each other.

I love the TRio and I think they all love each other even if they get on each others nerves. Jessie and James are made for each other!

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
These guys relationship with each other is so perfect <3 I honestly love their familial bond, it's so heartwarming to see. These guys deserve so much better and I really hope someday we see them quitting TR and redeeming themselves
That's how I see their friendship - as a familial bond and if they would quit TR, rather than parting ways and doing their own thing, they would most definitely stick together!

BlueDragonfangirl

I liked Meowth and James friendship the best. Jessie is hard to tell these days. Back in Kanto to orange islands she seemed like she cared for the other two than the later series she seemed more selfish.

DatsRight

I liked Meowth and James friendship the best. Jessie is hard to tell these days. Back in Kanto to orange islands she seemed like she cared for the other two than the later series she seemed more selfish.
Really, I kinda see it the opposite way, as in while Jessie is more outwardly spoiled in the later seasons, she has more lines she won't cross between the three of them, while the earlier episodes had her more sincerely considering throwing her teammates under the bus (eg. Pop Goes The Sneasel where she tries to kick out Meowth for a cooler mascot).

The 'TR split up' episodes also seem way more sparse these days compared to the OS-DP era, and even the ones that do aren't as cynical (eg. compare the Pheromosa episode to the Purrloin one).

On a side note though, I've been wondering, shouldn't it technically be the Team Rocket quartet? Wobbuffet is basically the fourth member full time now, almost never in his ball and usually joining in on the schemes.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I like their friendship mostly because they care about each other so much that they will literally put themselves into danger if it means helping out each other. The OI episode about Meowth on that one Island is the best example of how much Jessie and James care about Meowth. They were willing to part with their own money (and bottle caps for James) to make it look like Meowth used Pay Day which is definitely something they would never do under any other circumstance.

BlueDragonfangirl

Really, I kinda see it the opposite way, as in while Jessie is more outwardly spoiled in the later seasons, she has more lines she won't cross between the three of them, while the earlier episodes had her more sincerely considering throwing her teammates under the bus (eg. Pop Goes The Sneasel where she tries to kick out Meowth for a cooler mascot).

The 'TR split up' episodes also seem way more sparse these days compared to the OS-DP era, and even the ones that do aren't as cynical (eg. compare the Pheromosa episode to the Purrloin one).

On a side note though, I've been wondering, shouldn't it technically be the Team Rocket quartet? Wobbuffet is basically the fourth member full time now, almost never in his ball and usually joining in on the schemes.
We haven't had a lot of our loveable team rocket trio in Sun and Moon or Journey so I can't tell. They we're too serious in BW series so they really didn't have friendship moments in that series they are more business in that series. XY was my favorite of the series I still can't remember that many moments I'd have to rewatch. The last real moments they had was in DP and in my opinion while Jessie herself evolved which I did like the friendship between the trio was kind of not at its best. I hated those episodes which had them betray Meowtg that happened a lot in the Johto series. That's why I prefer it best during Kanto to Orange Islands and it did have bits of sprinkle in DP during the Hunter J saga.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
With Jessie, she has that tough on the outside, but deep down is soft on the inside attitude. It seems that even if she won't flat out say it, she values James and Meowth's friendship.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I like their friendship mostly because they care about each other so much that they will literally put themselves into danger if it means helping out each other. The OI episode about Meowth on that one Island is the best example of how much Jessie and James care about Meowth. They were willing to part with their own money (and bottle caps for James) to make it look like Meowth used Pay Day which is definitely something they would never do under any other circumstance.
Oh yes! One of my favorite TR friendship episodes. I think Meowth really came to the realization of how sincere his friendship was to Jessie and James when he saw that they had made it look like Meowth used Payday by parting with their own money and especially with James parting with his bottle caps.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't really buy it. Yes, they've been through tough times together, but they argue amongst themselves so often that it's a miracle that they're still together. Plot notwithstanding, they would probably be better off going their own separate ways.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
James and Meowth deserve so much better than being tethered to Jessie, because sure, there's the moments of friendship, but there's way too much abuse, blame-shifting, and general being a terrible human being to ever justify being around Jessie for more than two minutes
This is exactly how I feel about Jessie. There are moments that show how tightly knit they are and why they stick together, but those moments are overshadowed by how much of an outright abusive, selfish, egotistical witch Jessie is to her teammates.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This is exactly how I feel about Jessie. There are moments that show how tightly knit they are and why they stick together, but those moments are overshadowed by how much of an outright abusive, selfish, egotistical witch Jessie is to her teammates.
She's the worst character of the anime imo because of those things. She usually has a terrible personality. Her TPCI dub voice makes her even worse imo.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
She's the worst character of the anime imo because of those things. She usually has a terrible personality. Her TPCI dub voice makes her even worse imo.
Honestly, one of the only reasons I can tolerate Jessie is because of her Japanese voice actress, Megumi Hayashibara. She is just so good that, while I absolutely detest her character, I enjoy hearing how she brings that hateful woman to life. (I could say the same thing about Rachael Lillis, who voiced Jessie in the 4Kids dub.)