1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of the Ultra Beasts Homeworlds? What is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by shoz999, Dec 9, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

Simple question? What do you think of the Ultra Beasts Homeworlds? What is your favorite? Are you intrigued by the official artwork depicting Stakataka's and Blacephalon's Homeworld below?

[​IMG]
    Official GameFreak Artwork of the Ultra Beasts - Features Stakataka's Homeworld, note how Blacephalon artworks appears to be not his homeworld but the route where you can capture him.

[​IMG]
    Official Pokemon TCG Artwork of Blacephalon's Homeworld.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Let me put it in words.

People seem to be butt hurt about the removal of the Looker Quest from SM when they play USUM despite that the Looker Quest was suppose to be their way of telling us that the Beasts are not your generic aliens that want to kill everyone for potatoes. As with how the anime portrayed them and how some of the fanbase are angry about it... it failed to make that clear!

USUM came along with each of the Beasts worlds, expanding more on what the beasts really are as you go from places that are either quirky and colorful, eldritch or a mixture of both. (Also the Wormhole ride made the Looker Quest reduced to something you do for the URS. It isn't needed.)

Nihilego's world being eldritch, strange and creepy.... much like Nihilego when you take a seat on a rock and have one dangle down towards you. The fact this is the most common beast world you go into... makes a bit of sense as to why THIS one visits Alola a lot compared to the others.

Buzzwole's is silly with the flexing trees and the implications that.... they live in a volcano. It makes you want to flex.

Celesteela's, all the craters were where the Beast fully grows and takes off into the sky. Which is fittings for the bamboo rocket theme!

Pheramosa's is a desert with crystals. It... expands what we know of Pheramosa's definition of clean, the rocks and crystals make the beast rather strange.

Kartana... is a special one. A forest that has humans dressed up like them that fight alongside the beast. (And makes a fanfic plot where a Kartana willingly and gladly worked alongside a Hoopa officially possible in canon.)

Xurkitree's is a world in a constant storm and revealed a grim fact about the beast. What we captured and fought were saplings, they skip along cross what seems to be a large/ dormant Xurkitree. The adults are the size of a mountain. (Good thing we don't have to fight that!)

Guzzlord's... and my personal favorite is an alternate earth that was brought to ruin by a power plant accident. (Nuclear for that matter.) Humanity has left save for the one who looks after Guzzlord, who eats away at the remains of civilization. It has became so bad that even Guzzlord is dying off as a species.
    The only one above the others that I would call... horrific.

As for the artwork on Stakataka and Blacephalon, the former looks as basic as the beast himself, while the later looks strange! (Much like Blacephalon!)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    shoz999 likes this.
  3. Yureishi

Yureishi Dresseuse Normale

- Ultra Deep Sea (Nihilego): I like the pitch black and somber atmosphere surrounding the whole zone.
    - Ultra Jungle (Buzzwole): the path is funny and fits this UB's characteristics. I particularly like the bridges made of vines.
    - Ultra Desert (Pheromosa): a desert of crystals, such a beautiful area. Interesting how it's the only zone requiring the Poké Ride to pass through.
    - Ultra Plant (Xurkitree): I like the whole area's dark atmosphere and the various lightning strikes during the path-crossing.
    - Ultra Forest (Kartana): I like how the Japanese feeling is strong in this one and the presence of trainers makes the zone "alive".
    - Ultra Crater (Celesteela): probably my favourite of the bunch, mostly because I'm addicted to this UB. I like the overall death atmosphere and the land shakings characterizing the zone.
    - Ultra Ruin (Guzzlord): these are basically the ruins of a town which got destroyed by this UB. Interesting how some of the debris around can actually be checked out.

The two last Homeworlds do look nice as well.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. shoz999

I generally like the Ultra Beasts homeworld but Stakataka and Blacephalon probably stand out the most for the simple fact they've never really had any sort of established homeworld in-game, only in art. In Stakataka's homeworld, it has a very tomb-raider feel living in a jungle-like world full of cube-like rocks that could potentially be Stakataka themselves. It kind of reminds you of the robots from Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild actually where some robots are stuck in the earth for centuries.

As for Blacephalon's homeworld, if you look closely you notice that the sky is full of cartoony-like stars. It has a very Tim-Burton feel to it, more specifically the art choice for the environments from the movie, Nightmare before Christmas. One little detail I like is how incredibly dark it is, that the light is radiating from Blacephalon himself and you can see the spooky cartoony-like woods.

5. Walterbl

Walterbl Member

Nihilego. I like Bizarre worlds.

shoz999 likes this.
  6. Ignition

Ignition Why are the angry characters always the best ones?

I like all of them but my favorite is undoubtedly Xurkitree's. The bright blue lightning bolts with countless of the aforementioned UB around. The gigantic one in the middle is cool and getting Thunder Stones here was a neat touch

shoz999 likes this.
  7. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

I like all of them but my favourites are Buzzwole's for the goofiness (with trees shaped like abs) and Kartana's for the Japanese feel. Close second would be Blacephalon's that fits in with its quirky clown motif.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. shoz999

You know. Some day I just want a Pokemon game, maybe a spin-off, where you get to play the Ultra Recon Squad and explore these worlds, especially Blacephalon's. His just reminds me of Tim Burton's imagination.