• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Do You Think of This Team?

flashtone

I apologise in advance because I don't know how to put up pictures of pokemon.

I've been using this team for a while and would just like to know what others think about it

Garchomp@Rocky Helmet
Nature : Jolly
Ability: Rough Skin
EV's : 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Rush
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

A sweeper that works best if first able to set up but can otherwise be troublesome for opponents if unable to. The passive damage from the combination of Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet can also be handy if hit with a direct-contact move.

Lucario@Lucarionite
Ability : Steadfast (Adaptability)
- Hone Claws
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Tail
- Zen Headbutt

Same concept as Garchomp, first set up then proceed to sweep. Adaptability further boosts the damage of HJK and Iron Tail, with Zen Headbutt for coverage.

Greninja@Life Orb
Nature : Timid
Ability : Torrent
EV's : 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 HP
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Mat Block

I find that this moveset is useful for Singles, Doubles and Triples. Max speed allows it to outspeed some other unboosted mon's that could potentially be a problem for it.
P.S I know that Protean is what people usually go for and I do have a Froakie with the ability but until I can adequately handle HP breeding, it's replacement has been shelved for the moment.

Hitmonlee@Normal Gem
Ability : Unburden
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kink
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Having this mon in my team has sometimes claimed me the victory, especially if the opponent has set up Sticky Web on my side of the field. I chose Rock Slide over Stone Edge because the extra accuracy and the slight flinch chance feels like a more appropriate option that can be better utilised in Doubles and Triples.

Whimsicott@Mental Herb
Nature : Modest
Ability : Prankster
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Safeguard
- Moonblast

Useful foe preventing opponents from setting up, applying status after it's fainted, speeding the other team members up if nessecary and dishing out damage to Fighting, Dark and Dragon types. Also useful as a switch in because of resisteances to some types the others are weak to.

Aegislash@Weakness Policy
Nature : Timid
Ability : Stance Change
- Autotomize
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice

My set up special sweeper. If it can take a super effective attack in Shield Forme and use Autotomise on the same turn, then the opponent has something to really watch out for. Flash Cannon and Shadow Ball for STAB and HP Ice for coverage
P.S The Honedge that became this combination just had Ice as it's HP type as a coincidence after I'd been breeding for good IV's.

Before all of you share your thoughts about this team there are some things I've worked out for myself
- Hitmonlee loses it's Unburden speed boost if switched out
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mat Block only appears to work on the first turn Greninja enters/re-enters the battle
- in some situations, no recovery options can hinder this team
- in general, entry hazards can make this team suffer a bit, Stealth Rock not so much though
- I battle for fun, but I do know that this team would be classified under Ubers in the competitive metagame, so I don't challenge people if they want an OU or lower tier battle

I'll be using this team until I can transfer it over to Moon next year

Have at it!

Last edited:

Smokin' weedle

Well, most seems pretty good, but greninja might be better if you run protean over torrent, that way it is harder to counter, and eagislash is slow, and with kings shield you can take a hit with a 150 deffensive stat, and then attack with the same stat. If you are hit in blade form you will onlfy have 50 def, and with a low hp stat you will live very few attacks

flashtone

I do plan to replace that Greninja in the near future. As for Aegislash, at +2 speed with the Policy activated, the only real threats are priority moves that're either super effective or neutral hits.