• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of TRs?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I don't like the TR breaking aspect one bit... it's like moving backwards to the stone-age era of pokemon in terms innovation and luxuries. Gen 5 and onwards having TM's unbreakable meant you didn't need to worry if you wasted a one-time TM on a pokemon. Gen 1-4 needed strategic thinking with a one-use TM's, that's why i stopped playing them.

PCN24454

LIS, it took multiple games to get the same move. And there were a handful of moves (Earthquake, Psychic, Body Slam, etc.) that dominated the metagame. Moves were nerfed a bit throughout the years, and there is more balance now then there was before.
It is?

I could’ve sworn that it was just that people forgot those moves existed.

I don’t see anyone run Fire Blast on their teams.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It is?

I could’ve sworn that it was just that people forgot those moves existed.

I don’t see anyone run Fire Blast on their teams.
That is because of accuracy reasons, 85% accuracy still means it a risk of not hitting, making it less than ideal for competitive in some cases. I prefer Flamethrower over Fire Blast myself.
High Horsepower seems to be tailor-made for competitive since it won't target your grounded allies (not protected by being a flying type or doesn't levitate or sturdy) although it has 95% output in power and 95% from accuracy compared to 100%.

PCN24454

That is because of accuracy reasons, 85% accuracy still means it a risk of not hitting, making it less than ideal for competitive in some cases. I prefer Flamethrower over Fire Blast myself.
High Horsepower seems to be tailor-made for competitive since it won't target your grounded allies (not protected by being a flying type or doesn't levitate or sturdy) although it has 95% output in power and 95% from accuracy compared to 100%.
My point is that the competitive meta hasn’t really changed conceptually if that’s what you’re looking for.

Moves like Sketch aren’t in SwSh likely because it was considered too gimmicky or cumbersome.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
TRs are fine since you can get multiple of them.
Some people complain about having to do raid dens with people to get them, but you can just grab them from 1-4 star raid dens to get them.
Even some 5 star raids work if you have a powerful enough Pokemon and/or the Pokemon you're fighting is weak enough.

TMs in Sword/Shield bug me more because the vast majority of them are physical.
The special ones are not really the ones you'd use that much like Flamethrower, for example.
TRs are way more balanced in that regard, but that doesn't deal with their breakable nature.