• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of Xat?

So, what do you think of Xat? If you haven't heard of it...well it's basically a website where people can chat. But there's a lot of stuff and people that annoy me, here's my list:
-Most Chat Rooms that are related to Club Penguin.
-Chat rooms that have annoying, strict, and not to mention foul mouthed admins...Heck they are 10x worse than the South Park Kids! Most people who are in this category are on Anime-Related chats (Pokemon chat rooms don't count)
-People who Troll and Spam. Anybody would put this on their list, most of the time the Spammers use the default names (Example, HunnyGoo) and put in random numbers or letters. Another thing is the trolling and People who ask for powers/xats/days. THE ANSWER WILL ALWAYS BE NO.

That's pretty much it, I go on the website whenever I'm bored and so far i haven't seen anybody who's all of the above today...yet.

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
The competetive battling community use this site for pretty much everything. Its a pretty cool site but then you sometimes got a tyrant who banned everyone cuz he's an owner and no one else can do anything about it.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
I dunno I've been trying out this new chat site thing with my mate and it's my first since I was like sixteen. So far it's pretty cool; my mate owns it and we have fun battles but it's usually just us two on it so that's probably it. =/

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I agree that xat is pretty good chatroom, easy to access and talk to people. I also agree that since anyone can be owners and mods, it can create some problems. It can also get very annoying, such as when they decide to power abuse and ban members for fun.

Jinvaani

The competetive battling community use this site for pretty much everything. Its a pretty cool site but then you sometimes got a tyrant who banned everyone cuz he's an owner and no one else can do anything about it.

Or when you get banned for next to no reason and have no opportunity to protest your innocence.

And the worst thing is... you can still see what people are typing.

Last edited:

Doesn't IRC have the same problems?

Hatsune Miku

Well xat lets me annoy other people and get them excited by me giving them a rough something ;)(i dont enjoy it but they do) and i can troll alot :D.

Last edited:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
So, what do you think of Xat? If you haven't heard of it...well it's basically a website where people can chat. But there's a lot of stuff and people that annoy me, here's my list:
-Most Chat Rooms that are related to Club Penguin.
-Chat rooms that have annoying, strict, and not to mention foul mouthed admins...Heck they are 10x worse than the South Park Kids! Most people who are in this category are on Anime-Related chats (Pokemon chat rooms don't count)
-People who Troll and Spam. Anybody would put this on their list, most of the time the Spammers use the default names (Example, HunnyGoo) and put in random numbers or letters. Another thing is the trolling and People who ask for powers/xats/days. THE ANSWER WILL ALWAYS BE NO.

I've been in that type of environment before my days of SPPf. But with the exception of Moderators banning others and them creating arguments amongst each other. And the Debate Forums, or in their terms "Serious Business" have always composed of idiots that flame each other of their beliefs instead of bringing up a decent argument. Seriously, the moderators there needed higher mods.

But I see where you're going. Xat? No thanks. And I don't like Club Penguin. Never got into it.

That's pretty much it, I go on the website whenever I'm bored and so far i haven't seen anybody who's all of the above today...yet.

blackterminator3

I been using Xat for years and I would have to agree with the thread starter here. I mean the people I chat with are different and more respectful.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Xat? Rarely even there. It's fine, I guess.