• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think the future covers will look like?

What's your opinion on the future covers?

• Will it be changed and look nicer than before?

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Will it be changed just a bit, like the background?

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • You do not know.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • You don't give a flying crap about it

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I just thought of this now, but what do you think the future Pokemon Adventures covers will look like? They aren't apparently going with the old ones or the Japanese ones either, so what's your opinion?

(if this has gotta be closed, let it be mods;) )

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
wait what do yuo mean,volumes 2 and 3 stayed the same,they only changed 1 and 4 becasue of the best of books

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
oh, welp i didn't have those two, but they did change some, (two) and they may in the future.

Rex Kamex

I don't see them changing any of the other ones (except for slightly different color shades from the original).

-The first American 2nd edition volume had the color and picture change from the original in order not to confuse people with the Best of Red book (although I'm not sure why they didn't change either the picture or the color instead of both)

-The second volume kept the original picture but changed the color for some reason. I guess they felt that red was a better color to go after blue than green was.

-The third volume kept the original picture but changed the color because it was the remaining color out of red, green, and blue left. The first volume took blue, the second took red, so green was left. They must've wanted to keep it like the Japanese version in the sense that there'd be a red cover, a green cover, and a blue cover. (Just... in different orders.

-The fourth volume kept the yellow cover but changed the picture in order not to confuse people with Best of Yellow. (Although the 1st edition release of the American fourth volume uses the same picture as the Japanese cover and Best of Yellow, but with a different background color...)

-The fifth volume (unless they change it at the last moment) keeps the reddish-orangish cover and the original picture.

-The sixth volume (unless they change it at the last moment) keeps the green cover and the original picture.

And so... all Viz did is change the pictures of the two volumes that would otherwise look too similar to the Best of Books. And they switched the red-green-blue color order of the first three volumes. I don't see Viz changing the background colors or the pictures anymore for future volumes, considering that the fifth and sixth volumes so far have not had the background colors or the pictures of the characters changed.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
yeah. okay then. thanks for the nice long explanation... :p

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
Wait, unless the future covers for the rest of the Yellow arc havn't been released, isn't this just assuming that they will continue releasing after the Yellow arc?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
yeah. and hopefully they will keep releasing them.

Rex Kamex

Volume 7.

And Volume 8.

So far the pictures are the same and the background colors are pretty much the same. I think it's safe to say that the Viz covers will remain pretty much the same as the originals now.

Last edited:

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
waitwait,so they are releasing past volume 8 yes!

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
Wow, I was not expecting them to continue past the Yellow arc
Thanks for making my day
...or week...or month...

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
wow, thanks man! i'm happy now. :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm guessing that they'll look pretty much the same, except the background will be cleaned up/ redesign.

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
I'm guessing that they'll look pretty much the same, except the background will be cleaned up/ redesign.
hey that reminded me of something,compare the japanese covers to the english ones
English:mostly picture
Japanese:eek:verload of japanese on the cover

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
really? never noticed that... so the japanese ones have got more words on 'em, but the english ones have mostly picture?

Rex Kamex

The only thing I can think of, for possible cover changes, is when it comes to the background colors of every volume that uses two colors instead of one. And even those covers aren't guaranteed a change.

Since Vol. 8 and onward have cover pictures we've never seen before in American releases, I don't see any reason why they'd decide the cover pictures need to be changed.

hey that reminded me of something,compare the japanese covers to the english ones
English:mostly picture
Japanese:eek:verload of japanese on the cover

I really don't see what you're talking about...

Japanese Vol. 5

American Vol. 5

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I think vol 9 and on here will have the same art as Jappan.But the color,I don`t no.I`m just thrilled to read the GSC arc in August 2010.

Rex Kamex

The G/S/C arc of Pokemon Adventures/Special is going to be released, as evidenced by the picture of Volume 8 (which I posted several posts earlier). Maybe other Johto manga will get released too. (At least one more, I'm betting.)

As for the colors of future covers of Pokemon Adventures/Special, I think the American cover colors will very slightly from the Japanese ones but not be too different.