• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think the hardest part of the games are?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Discuss what you think is the hardest aspect of these games. It can be anything.
Have at it.

EliteMaster

I would say the Battle Tower in Ruby/Sapphire and the Battle Frontier in Emerald. It's not an easy task to have a 50/100winstreak in the Battle Tower nor could you consider collecting all the gold medals of the Battle Frontier simple( some consider it impossible, but that is debatable).

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
The battle Tower. And, noobish as it sounds, I always forget how to do the puzzles in the sixth and eighth gyms and the Seafloor Cavern and have to try again from scratch >_<

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Here's what I say:
Tate and Liza's gym.
Wallace's (then french guy's) gym. What the hell is with ice things? That took me FOREVER to solve. >_<
Sky Pillar (see above statement)
And I never did complete the Battle Frontier

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Probably the Seafloor Cavern, its so annoying Diving around looking for it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought the Seafloor Cavern was actually pretty easy; I solved the puzzle on my first try, without a map or guide. Anyway, the Ruby and Sapphire Battle Tower has to be the hardest part of the games. The Emerald Battle Tower seems a bit easier, but the one in the first two games is just impossible. I can never get passed a 14-straight-win streak for some reason, so I've just decided to neglect that place.

Malph

I'm on my 2nd playthrough of Emerald and have found out that Flannery's battle is the hardest part of the game.

In my last playthrough I picked Mudkip and was able to destroy her team with no trouble. This time I picked Treecko, forgetting that you can't get any decent water types until you get surf.

In my most recent attempt to beat her I figured out that I can take care of most of her team by spamming Dig (which both allows me to avoid Overheat and is super effective against everything on her team). I manage to get to her Torkoal with my whole team still conscious (my Geodude only has 4 hp left, but I planned for that to happen). I use Self-Destruct before Torkoal can do anything and switch to Solrock (genderless, making it immune to Attract), only to watch it get hit with Overheat. This is the fate of my whole team until I'm down to Sceptile.

I'm (surprisingly) able to do some damage and am one hit away from winning the match when... HYPER POTION! So, I just keep hitting it with more, dropping it to about 2 hits away from fainting when... ANOTHER HYPER POTION!!

Last edited:
Besides the Battle Tower/Frontier? Tate and Liza's gym and getting to the Seafloor Cavern. Both are very irritating and time-consuming.

DarthVader

Training up to the defeat the Elite 4 in Emerald - that took me longer the first time I did it than all of the game up to that point.

7 tyranitars

malph try a wingull/pelliper and the hardest part I guese Battle Frontier wins that

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
for me my team is usually under leveled and so the e4 was a huge pain for me

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
The double battle gym leaders. Those twins are incredibly difficult.

The Battle Frontier is incredibly hard. Especially the one with the Seviper building where you have to battle the 'queen' who shows up on random, I've only seen her once.

And the pyramid, where its all about 1 hit KO, I don't get those, I knock out pokemon in one hit and they don't say its a 1 hit KO

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
The Seafloor cavern, sky pillar & Wattson-I don't know, I always get problems with this guy

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Roxanne, Brawly, Flannery, Juan, and the E4 are rather difficult due to being underleveled, but Steven is just plain hard...

Budew

Banned
Tate and Liza's gym was actually not as hard as everyone says it is

I won it on my second try
Leaf Blade works wonders in that gym...
Liza's Xatu ****ed me up though... it just wouldn't go down! >:O

Anyways, I'm playing at the battle fronteir right now, which one of the places
Is the easiest?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was just trying to play at the Trick Master's house, and I remembered how hard the puzzles there are. It's like the Gym puzzles, only a bit harder since you have to use more brain power than usual haha. I was stuck on the last puzzle for hours until I finally figured out how to slide to the proper location. Has anyone else had trouble here?

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
I was just trying to play at the Trick Master's house, and I remembered how hard the puzzles there are. It's like the Gym puzzles, only a bit harder since you have to use more brain power than usual haha. I was stuck on the last puzzle for hours until I finally figured out how to slide to the proper location. Has anyone else had trouble here?

Yeah, Trick Master was challenging; especially the puzzle with 5 random questions... Can't get the stupid facts straight.