• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think the Nintendo Switch Pokémon game will be?

What do you think the Nintendo Switch Pokémon game will be?

• Generation 8

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Generation 1 remakes

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Generation 4 remakes

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Pokémon Rainbow (multiple regions combined)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

CorsolaTrainer

I'm definitely thinking gen 8. I like the multiple regions, imo, but I also think it would take away from everything that could be done on the switch with gen 8. Maybe multiple regions in a future game? Remakes?

I think it'd be cool to have more places to travel to and explore (which I think is a definite possibility with all that's capable on the Switch).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It's obviously the new titular pair for Gen 8, and it's a single region.
USUM is a third version and is the last main title game on the 3DS, what else could there be?

Ashton Ketchum

Of corse all new 8 Generation, and probably Sinnoh Remakes. But, I also hope for remake of Pokemon Yellow. In 2021, or early 2022 (25th anniversary of anime).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
In terms of the long term schedule, I would guess these games are 8th gen, and then after that they would release DP remakes, then maybe Kanto sequels for the 25th anniversary? That last one is more of a wish than a legitimate prediction, but it would make for a good anniversary title.

Aetius

Gen 8 for sure, simply because I doubt that they would start with remakes on a new console.
I hope that thanks to the new hardware we will be able to see 100+ Pokèmon again and maybe, just MAYBE, the return of some fantastic old features.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Gen 8 for sure, simply because I doubt that they would start with remakes on a new console.
I hope that thanks to the new hardware we will be able to see 100+ Pokèmon again and maybe, just MAYBE, the return of some fantastic old features.

I don't think the hardware has anything to do with the amount of Pokemon we've been getting. I think that has everything to do with GameFreak's creative process and time or quality constraints.

Aetius

I don't think the hardware has anything to do with the amount of Pokemon we've been getting. I think that has everything to do with GameFreak's creative process and time or quality constraints.

Well, I sure hope so.
Either way, I'd say that time constraints are a reason for that.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Well you can't rush creativity, every artist has periods where they have lots of great ideas and concepts. But the opposite is true as well, they can have periods of where their creativity is halted.

Ken Sugimori is the main artist for the series and he can only create so many new Pokemon per generation. He's only one man after all.

Orphalesion

Well you can't rush creativity, every artist has periods where they have lots of great ideas and concepts. But the opposite is true as well, they can have periods of where their creativity is halted.

Ken Sugimori is the main artist for the series and he can only create so many new Pokemon per generation. He's only one man after all.

Pokemon are created by a whole design team and Sugimori just does the final artwork for characters...

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Think it is very likely to be Gen 8, anything else may be underwhelming for the Switch's first main series Pokemon game.

sheld999

Prob something to do with the switch features

but atm in my country you can already preorder the switch game

-Raiga-

Well, I sure hope so.
Either way, I'd say that time constraints are a reason for that.

Nah, it's for quality reasons. Look at the difference between the reception of Alola's dex compared to Unova's. Despite that Unova probably produced more favorite Pokemon designs than other regions thanks to its sheer number of them, the select few designs that were panned such as vanillite and garbodor, diluted the dexes overall quality for people.

Creating fewer Pokemon also allows them to make each individual Pokemon matter more to the region. Where, certainly they accomplished in Alola better than any prior region. It's hard to imagine Alola without the likes of bewear, bruxish, mimikyu, etc.