• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think the reserves so at Oak's lab to improve?

jmk3190

Remember when Ash battled Gary in Johto and Prof. Oak said some of his Pokemon improved. Tauros gained so much energy after always stampeding while Heracross gained a lot of energy from sapping from trees.What do you all think of the other reserves do there?

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

Cyndaquil naps.

Totodile dances around.

Heck, I completely forgot Noctowl even lived at Oak's.

Muk jumps on Oak/Tracey.

Honestly, Bulbasaur is pretty much the only one I think trains, due to his protecting the lab and what-not. The reason they come back so strong is just so the writers have an excuse to have Ash pull off a win. I mean, really? Torkoal wasn't a horrible Pokemon, but for it to stay at Oak's after a terrible record at the Hoenn League and suddenly come back and nearly beat a Frontier Brain's Legendary... He honestly did not train that hard at Oak's. Just an excuse, imo.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well they might spar and even grow older by doing dailys things, etc just like a pokemon in the wild gets stronger.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
What would Sceptile do I wonder?

Oak's ranch hasn't got that sort of jungle-like environment, and there aren't many rival Pokemon he would be sparring with, unless we see random trainer's Pokemon like Kabutops or Aggron somewhere...

As for Totodile, he does what he always has, dance!
Cyndaquil naps.
Snorlax naps, and EATS! I guess he's one of those Pokemon who are like "I'm bulking up for Football! (American, not Soccer)"
Bayleef, not entirely sure about her, I can't even remember what she was doing in that Chronicles episode.
Corphish is the only one really that I can see training, I'd say he spars with Kingler and Gary's Krabby.

Yeah, Bulbasaur's the designated leader of the ENTIRE ranch, so I'm sure calming down the Tauros herd and maybe some rampaging Nidoking/Kangaskan/whathaveyou is enough.

thunderblade12

Cyndaquil naps.

Totodile dances around.

Heck, I completely forgot Noctowl even lived at Oak's.

Muk jumps on Oak/Tracey.

Honestly, Bulbasaur is pretty much the only one I think trains, due to his protecting the lab and what-not. The reason they come back so strong is just so the writers have an excuse to have Ash pull off a win. I mean, really? Torkoal wasn't a horrible Pokemon, but for it to stay at Oak's after a terrible record at the Hoenn League and suddenly come back and nearly beat a Frontier Brain's Legendary... He honestly did not train that hard at Oak's. Just an excuse, imo.

This is all just based on that one episode we've seen them in sense their departure. I'm sure they don't just stand there doing the same thing 24/7, how do we know what they do with the rest of their time?

Besides how would that explain Torkoal's new power (not just new attack, new power) and the fact that Kingler, Tauros, Snorlax, and Heracross are all strong despite not traveling with Ash very much? Why just assume that they're an exception to the rule?

Guess well see tomorrow whose improved and by how much

poizonsting

Pokemon master
They do train of course and spar with each other to get stronger and stay fit.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They are probably trainer with Tracey's pokemon since he's a trainer. Oak, I don't know if he's doing something with them, although I know he was a trainer in his past.
In their free time they are eating and having a rest.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I think they train with each other and with other Pokemon in Oak's lab

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Yeah its not like Tracey and Proff. Oak will let them rust knowing Ash could need them any time. If that happened, there's no way Bulbasaur could have taken out Dusclops vs Brandon.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Yeah, they must spar or something. I refuse to believe that intelligent creatures such as Pokemon (I know they're fictional) wouldn't get bored. I mean even dogs get bored and they're comparitively dumb. So I think it stands to reason that they probably train with each other... what else is there to do?

Yugure Mukuhawk

Dusk Staraptor
Do you remeber the episode when Butch and Cassidy introted to Prof. Oak lab but thye pokemon's beated them? well I guess that something like that happened a few more times...

They all sit and play poker, and bet which one of ashes pokémon is going to be oak'd next! No but seriously I think they all try to get stronger so they can see ash more... especially Muk and Bayleef!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
What would Sceptile do I wonder?

Oak's ranch hasn't got that sort of jungle-like environment, and there aren't many rival Pokemon he would be sparring with, unless we see random trainer's Pokemon like Kabutops or Aggron somewhere...

As for Totodile, he does what he always has, dance!
Cyndaquil naps.
Snorlax naps, and EATS! I guess he's one of those Pokemon who are like "I'm bulking up for Football! (American, not Soccer)"
Bayleef, not entirely sure about her, I can't even remember what she was doing in that Chronicles episode.
Corphish is the only one really that I can see training, I'd say he spars with Kingler and Gary's Krabby.

Yeah, Bulbasaur's the designated leader of the ENTIRE ranch, so I'm sure calming down the Tauros herd and maybe some rampaging Nidoking/Kangaskan/whathaveyou is enough.

Ash pokemons are the only ones at Oak, neither Gary they have plenty of sparring partners.

saar

Shiny Flygon
I think Professor Oak trains them so they will able learn new moves in the same time / later with Ash.
As a proof you can see how Torkoal in a very short time learned a new move.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I'm pretty sure they train.
Quilava and Torkoal are just proof of this.
Torkoal learnt Heat Wave and began an awesome pokemon in such a short amount of time, and Quilava was so close to evolving, (I think if Ash hadn't have called upon them, he would of got a phone call saying it evolved) and it learnt Flame Wheel.

Danitsku

ehhhhh? you really wanna know? ashes reserves smoke a joint while listening to stereotypical reggae. ;) any other post after this doesn't matter at all.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
They have to train and probably, with Bulbasaur, it is probably be a teacher of the new starters. You should know that Cyndaquil, before it evolve, learn Flame Wheel. It is that Flame Wheel was not there in the second generation, but he learn the move. Also, like before, Torkoal learn a new move.

pokefandt

I'd like to see Muk with Sucker Punch or something like that.

Glalie could have learned something new, like Dark Pulse or Iron head.

It'll never happen but it would be nice to see.