1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think the very last episode of the Pokemon anime will be like?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by brtnvm, Jan 26, 2020.

1. brtnvm

brtnvm Giselle best girl

How will the Pokemon anime end? I think this can go two ways.
    1. All of Ash's journey is an imagination, a dream, a coma, a video game, a book story, you name it. This would be the most fitting way to end the show. It also explains why Ash never ages, why the world seems to be so safe, why humans never get damaged by Pokemon attacks. It's all just an illusion. This ending says "enjoy having fun, but keep in check with reality".
    2. Oak tells Ash about a newly discovered region. Ash says that he's gonna explore it/win the League. Ash has a final party with all the companions from Kanto to Alola. After that, Ash rides on a motorcycle into the sunset with Peakachu on his shoulder as his mom and friends watch him disappear into the horizon. This would basically be a "the adventure never ends" ending. Also a good way to end the story.
    3. Suggest your own ideal ending and best girl for Ash to marry in the end. (As you might have guessed by my profile pic, I think Ash should marry Giselle).

Scorbunnie likes this.
  2. mintellic

mintellic Member

It's most likely going to be Ash finally meeting Ho-oh, lol.

The writers put it off for 23 years they must be saving it for the final episode.

3. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Ash snaps the gauntlet bringing back all the cut Pokemon in sword and shield, dying in rest and peace surrounded by his FRIENDS (sorry Serena ur friendzoned) as Pikachu decides to go back in time for one final dance with the baby kangaskhan.

Oops wrong fandom

4. brtnvm

brtnvm Giselle best girl

Yeah, that would make sense with how much special treatment Ho-Oh gets in the anime. But in that case, they must also acknowledge Misty since she was also in the first episode when Ash met Ho-Oh.

Leonhart likes this.
  5. brtnvm

brtnvm Giselle best girl

What is this a reference to?

6. SerGoldenhandtheJust

The ending of avengers endgame lol

7. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ February 15, 2011-February 15, 2020

It definitely should be the coma dream/never-ending dream ending.

brtnvm likes this.
  8. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Gaganga, Keeper of the Gates Impartial

No, the coma theory is a dumb way to end the show. It also doesn't work because Pokemon existed clearly before Ash crashed the bike.
    The only real ending Pokemon can have is the "And the adventure continues!" type, because that's the only one that fits with Ash's goal of being a Pokemon Master.

9. brtnvm

brtnvm Giselle best girl

Oh yeah also I think that Ash's reaction when he learns it's all a dream would be him falling into a depression. I can imagine such an ending would cause a huge riot in the community since all the adventures would be "fake" but it really does fit the best.

Scorbunnie likes this.
  10. brtnvm

brtnvm Giselle best girl

The writers could still write it that Ash fell into the coma before the anime even started. Or, another option could be that Pokemon do exist as you say, but everything after the Spearow trauma in EP1 where he supposedly falls into a coma after being shocked by Pikachu is all Ash's headcanon so he could still wake up in the Pokemon World.
    As for the Pokemon Master thing...well, even in the last episode they won't clarify it, that's for sure.

Leonhart likes this.
  11. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

I just want a cut scene that shows Ash finally became a master. Probably won’t happen though

Scorbunnie, brtnvm and Sham like this.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm not expecting much, and frankly by the time the anime ends I'll probably be in a retirement home. But I would at least like some form of proper conclusion to Satoshi's journey. I'd hate to see an open-ended final episode where we don't get to see how Satoshi's journey concludes. At the very least, I'd want him to finally attain the Pokemon Master title.

13. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

I don't know, because this is never dying.

14. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

Ash becomes a Pokemon master and marries the Pokegirl in the series he would be in and we got to see them aging with a child which is a girl.

But Ash turns evil when his wife got accidentally killed by humans, so with his army of Pokemons wages war against humanity while his daughter was sent away and being raised by adoptive human parents.

Once she becomes 10, equipped with a whip which could damage any Pokemons including Legendaries, she went to stop his father Ash to do more damage to humanity by going to the dark castle where he lives filled with Pokemons.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    BabaVanga and Leonhart like this.
  15. Who knows how many companions he will have gotten by then. Showing all of them wouldn't be realistic. I think Ash will settle down with Serena or some other girl. And then the journey of his child begin.

Scorbunnie likes this.
  16. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Somehow I can't see the anime ending with such an overused cliche, or rather I don't want it to conclude that way. I'd rather the series end with Satoshi still being a kid or at most a teenager rather than a grown man with a family.

17. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ February 15, 2011-February 15, 2020

just have it end by having Ash wake up from his never-ending dream and end it with Ash beginning his 'real' journey as he walks into the sunset.

Scorbunnie and KenzeyEevee like this.
  18. SerGoldenhandtheJust

Yeah I'll still rather have him being killed by snapping his fingers to bring back the dexited Pokemon than have that

mehmeh1 and Scorbunnie like this.
  19. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

They will probably abruptly end it and leave the series in the middle of nowhere. Then the Pokemon Company suddenly decides 5 to 20 years later that the Pokemon anime needs a proper ending and gives an ending to the fans that they think fans will like but will most likely miss a lot of companion characters.

20. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 ^Probably Steven Universe?

ah, I see, you're still suffering from samurai jack's ending

KenzeyEevee and shoz999 like this.