• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think/want Sonia's personality to be like?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Walter White from Breaking Bad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Someone on another forum said that she seems like a Bianca type and I'm hoping that's the case except y'know, without the crashing into people and annoying obsession with Zorua thing. Just someone who travels around on their own and meets Ash every so often.

I mentioned the Bel theory as well, but now I'm not as confident in it because I remember how horribly Bel was handled and I'm worried that Sonia might be portrayed in a similar way as a ditzy assistant.

Kintaro

Banned
Someone on another forum said that she seems like a Bianca type and I'm hoping that's the case except y'know, without the crashing into people and annoying obsession with Zorua thing. Just someone who travels around on their own and meets Ash every so often.

We got that with Alexa in XY, which is why I said Sonia will probably be handled like her.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
I think she'll be like Alexa from Best Wishes and XY. Some sort of older character who accompanies the anime gang from time to time while doing field work for the regional professor, introducing new Galar concepts to the gang (and by extention the viewers).

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I just hope they don't have her crushing on Leon.

I see her being a more well written research assistant, actually shown doing work unlike what's-her-name from XY who followed Sycamore but never did anything, and Tracey who basically feeds and sketches Pokemon 24/7

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:

I guess it depends on how the Galar saga will handle love subplots. If it's anything like XY or SM, then I think we might see her and Dande have a close relationship. But if it's a neutral saga as far as romance go, then I think Sonia and Dande will simply be friends like they're supposed to be in the games.

D

Deleted member 384931

I see her being a more well written research assistant, actually shown doing work unlike what's-her-name from XY who followed Sycamore but never did anything, and Tracey who basically feeds and sketches Pokemon 24/7

Lol no Serena 2.0? Ash should now know what romance is sort of

SatoSereFan224888

I don't think Sonia will travel with Ash. I think she will be a calm personality but takes her research work seriously.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Lol no Serena 2.0? Ash should now know what romance is sort of
You keep forgetting about the Reset Button they push at the end of the series, making the entire saga pointless because Ash never mentions the previous region he's been to nowadays

Imagine of he'd told the Malie City ninjas about the ninja village in Kalos, or told Lana about the time he drowned saving Manaphy, or met Arceus, saved the world a dozen times, and has seen just about every legendary and mythical pokémon that exists

But nah, the anime exists to promote (and sometimes butcher) the games, so continuity doesn't mean anything despite people desperately trying to rationalize everything so that it does

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nodame said:
I hope she's like Whitney, sweet but ditzy and loves cute Pokemon or maybe just girly with a personality.

I guess I wouldn't mind if Sonia acts like Akane, although I hope she ends up being somewhat more vain than her just for the sake of giving her an extra quirk. I also hope that she's an active Pokemon trainer who has a side hobby and isn't only Magnolia-hakase's assistant.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I doubt she's gonna be a companion, but instead being like Alexa and appears here and there together with Magnolia and probably in one episode together with Leon.

I am a bit sad that she's revealed to be Leon's childhood friend. I mean it's not confirmed that she's his gf, but it's probably gonna be like that. And I am sad because she's the first one I would ship Gary with. Both are grandchilds of the regional professor AND are working as researcher. That's perfect stuff. Calling it ResearchShipping

I thought I was the only one who saw a ship between these two (Sonia and Gary)! They do have quite a bit in common as you've mentioned. I could definitely see them meeting and perhaps talk about their latest research. I could see them meeting through either Professor Oak or through Professor Magnolia or both. Maybe Professor Oak could be like, "Sonia, this is my grandson, Gary. He's a Pokémon Researcher too." Or vice versa.

Last edited: