• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think would happen if ash won the sun and moon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
I wanna know what you think will happen if ash won the sun and moon League what would his next step would be to coming a pokemon master or do you think we will no longer see him in the anime if he wins

I think he'll try to catch every pokemon after all gotta catch em all

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Maybe Leon or someone from Galar will approach him and invite him to participate in the Galar League or something like that once the League concludes.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1.Go to Galar and try Champion league there ( with other people from all regions: 8 badges from any region required) and lose.
2. Go to Galar and continue normal leagues( with people who won only 8 badges in Galar) and lose.

BTW if Ash wins here, expect Ash losing any kind of leagues for like 20 years. LMAO

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
1.Go to Galar and try Champion league there ( with other people from all regions: 8 badges from any region required) and lose.
2. Go to Galar and continue normal leagues( with people who won only 8 badges in Galar) and lose.

BTW if Ash wins here, expect Ash losing any kind of leagues for like 20 years. LMAO
and then it will be another 20 odd years before he wins

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

What about the reboot theory that looks quite likely now given the indications we have from the info we've got so far. If that's the case, then Ash's story is ending right here, in this region. So in that case he won't even get the chance to lose anymore Leagues....unless you're counting the movie AU Ash, who presumably could be the protagonist in the Gen 8 anime if it's a reboot.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The fandom will somehow be more divided than if he had lost, and then Earth will explode.

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
What about the reboot theory that looks quite likely now given the indications we have from the info we've got so far. If that's the case, then Ash's story is ending right here, in this region. So in that case he won't even get the chance to lose anymore Leagues....unless you're counting the movie AU Ash, who presumably could be the protagonist in the Gen 8 anime if it's a reboot.
I think it would be quite a good idea ending ash's journey it would bring everything to a satisfactory end, for fans who have been with this character for years I think it would be nice to see ash becoming the pokemon master he and we always wanted him to be

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I would still consider winning BF bigger achievement than winning this league( even if it is official league) if he wins it by chance, simply because the calibre of trainers he beat in BF arc was just another level, i doubt any trainer from alola including gladion is anywhere near that level (maybe except guzma and kukui).

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Reboot as in Ash's going all over? Or new Protag?
If it's first; it's confirmed that new anime will take place primarily in Galar and other regions. I'd say main focus is Galar and minor focus are other regions, so Ash is not doing all over, but going to Galar and either : A) we follow other trainers' journey through those regions( which means we would have like +7 new MCs to follow or B) we get to see Ash's old companions in those regions( which I'd like more than A) or C) Ash is going to those regions when he takes break from Galar

If it's second; that isn't happening thanks to calendar and maybe the "leak"( which suggested Rose invited Ash and Pikachu in Galar). Calendar shows Pikachu, Also Movie 2020 shows Pikachu. That means Ash isn't replaced in Galar region. And if you think new guy can have Pikachu.. Why? Pikachu is only starter in Yellow and Pikachu and Eevee didn't show up in that teaser.

If it's AU Ash, AU Ash is still Ash which is fine. I will still use him as Ash from 1997. But they still can incorporate AU timeline in main timeline( I already said it in SHSW thread: Ash travelled with Misty and Brock in Johto while Sorrel and Verity traveled with him during Kanto). This could be like DBS's timeline.

DB timeline has Timeline 1, 2, 3, 4. Pokemon has also Timeline 1(Main Ash), 2(AU Ash) ,3(Crybaby Ash) ,4 etc.
But DB timeline 1 has two ways, altered and unaltered but it's same timeline. You can check in DB wiki ( timeline section).
Pokemon can do easily do that to: Timeline 1 ( Altered/ Unaltered) where in Altered Timeline 1: Ash travelled with Sorrel and Verity in Kanto and after that everything that happens in anime after that.In unaltered timeline 1: Ash traveled with Brock and Misty in Kanto and everything that happens in anime after that. So, even if it's confusing, if they make it, AU Ash could still be main Ash just with re-told Kanto story and same JHSUKA story that happened in anime.

But if this AU Ash without incorporating story in main anime and AU Ash was in Kanto -> Galar, I wouldn't mind that too as long as they make Gen 8 anime like Gen 6 like no mentions of Ash's old Pokemon ,friends etc.I wouldn't like if someone asks Ash: "Do you have Infernape" and he goes "no" or remember when you almost won Kalos league or remember A-G transformation and he says no..

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eternalfalcon said:

As far as I know, the original version never implied that Satoshi's goal was to capture every single species of Pokemon since the franchise slogan from the 1990's that everyone constantly quotes was an American invention iirc. I don't see what benefit there would be to Satoshi capturing hundreds of Pokemon that he'll never use or spend time with.

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
As far as I know, the original version never implied that Satoshi's goal was to capture every single species of Pokemon since the franchise slogan from the 1990's that everyone constantly quotes was an American invention iirc. I don't see what benefit there would be to Satoshi capturing hundreds of Pokemon that he'll never use or spend time with.
Yeah your right it doesn’t seem very ash like

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
The fandom will somehow be more divided than if he had lost, and then Earth will explode.

Basically this.

For the fans who have hated SM since prerelease, it would be further vindication of their hatred.
If he wins, it permanently alters the destiny of the anime and will further the schism between the fans. A certain subset will consider any series where Ash wins the best. SM haters will effectively be kicked out of the fanbase and the series will be beyond criticism.

That's not fair, of course, but fans have been weird since Pokemon's inception. Whether it happens here or in Galar, it has to happen eventually for the anime to progress again. Time has basically stopped for Ash since Sinnoh. The anime has showed the pains of a limited format with even more limited appeal; most of the fans are now older than 10 years old.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Ash will get hated whenever he loses a league, even if SM wasn't hated. I thought the backlash of the previous three regions, especially the Kalos league proofed that. But winning his first league in one of his more lazier approach...no thanks. Not that I am saying that he didn't trained in SM, but after looking back at DP, it felt flat and I rather want him to get the spotlight not only from his friends and family in the show but also in real life after he won a league where he gave more and trained more. Finger crossing for Galar in that case.

Winning Alola or not, I felt his whole performance in this series to be lackluster. Maybe it's because I found the whole trial quest to be badly written.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
There will be rejoicing in some quarters. Resignation in others. Some will discount the win. Ultimately, it won't make the same impact that a hypothetical Kalos League win would have had.

I will be excited because a win is better than a loss and I am weary of Ash losing for no reason other than to maintain a misguided and self-fulfilling prophecy.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I'm going to answer this as if he was leaving Alola. Though if he won the league then he would go right to Galar as soon as he hears about it, because becoming a champion of a Pokemon Leauge is only a stepping stone when it comes to being a 'Pokemon Master'. He's done this before, and I don't see why he wouldn't do this again.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I wanna know what you think will happen if ash won the sun and moon League what would his next step would be to coming a pokemon master or do you think we will no longer see him in the anime if he wins

1. If the reboot happens, the shows ends shortly after that.
2. The series continues on with Ash doing something else as if Ash's journey to become Pokemon Champion in the past 22 years never happened.
3. I think it's very unlikely that the Pokemon Company will switch to an entirely new main character to be honest unless it was a separate show alongside the Ash & Co. anime. This is because of the Pokemon Company's rather overprotective nature of Ash Ketchum to the point that they would rather encourage other mediums to focus something else that isn't Ash, like how they made it clear that they weren't handing him over to Legendary Pictures for Detective Pikachu out of fear it might end up as a bad video game film.
4. Reboot or not, tolerate it or not, here is another 20 years of Ash Ketchum.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I think that regardless if Ash wins the Aloha league or not, if there comes an opportunity to travel to a new region, one he has never been to before, (in this case, Galar), Ash will take that opportunity and travel there. A league wins not going to stop him for wanting to go out and travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.