• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you typically use your Master Ball on?

pokeaussie37

This can be in any game, but for what Pokemon in all games would you usually use your Master Ball for?

For me it was Mewtwo in the original series, I would clone it in Gold and Silver so it wasn't an issue XD. The version Lati@s in Ruby/Sapphire, can't remember Emerald, Diamond and Pearl was I think Giratina (managed to get Mesprit and Cresselia normally XD), can't remember Platinum either.

And in White, I actually used it for Volcarona in Relic Castle. Though it is my favourite Pokemon along with Vanilluxe. Caught the three musketeers and Zekrom without it. One day I intend to use a team of my starter, Zekrom, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and some other random Pokemon purely for the purpose of taking on Team Plasma, as these Pokemon for me represent the opposite ideas.

willchamblee

Magikarp Trainer
I usually use them on the roamers since they require more startegy and time. I once used one on a ditto (out of frustration) back in the Gold and Silver days. Lol.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Whichever is the biggest b*tch to catch. Or is the Pokemon I care most about getting an amazing nature and IV's on.

R/B/Y: Mewtwo (obviously ...?)
G/S/C: One of the runners.
R/S/E: Lati@s.
D/P/Pt: Mesprit.
HG/SS: Groudon.

ABXY

フタチマル~
I usually don't use it because I don't like the design. It just irks me in a weird way. I also like to keep it as a collector's item.

I used mine in Black, though, on the roamer since it's possible to get two by trading with 50 people and talking to the man in Castelia's PokeCenter.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Roamers. Or a legendary that needs a certain hidden power. Usually roamers though.

Gen 1: Mewtwo
Gen 2: Whichever roamer I find first.
Gen 3: Lati@s
Gen 4: Cresselia
Gen 5: Currently attempting good natured Thundurus.

Venomrec

Main legends just to progress the story quicker.

Genesisx3

Lots more to learn
Well, I would either use them on those that will run at the sight of seeing you, the roamers or keep it since I will certainly have a pokemon with mean look that can stop the roamers from fleeing. That's what I do.

Genesisx3
Never Give Up

lordchrome

i never usually use it but in my white version ill probably use it on the roaming one untill i get a decent nature.

Dattebayo

Banned
I'm probably gonna save my master ball in B&W for Genesect or Kyurem since there will be no field legendaries, thank goodness.

Mister Melancholy

Valetshipping ♥
I never actually use them and watch them slowly accumulate in my Platinum instead. However, I will more than likely use them if I see a shiny Pokemon that is legendary or can escape the battle (ie. Abra with Teleport, Sigilyph with Whirlwind...). ♥

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
Gen. I - Pretty much everything. Thanks a bunch, Missingno. ^^
Gen. II - Entei or Raikou, whichever appears first.
Gen. III - Lati@s.
Gen. IV - D/P: Mesprit. Pt: One of the legendary birds, whichever comes first. HG/SS: Same as Gen. II.
Gen. V - Thundurus.

Tamaku

Catching 'em all.
R/S/E: Groudon (Lul.)
D/P: Dialga, Palkia respectively.
B/W: Tornadus, still have the second masterball.

AZX612

On my own here we go
Gen 1: Mewtwo
Gen 2: Ho-oh/Lugia (The Level 70 Post Champion one)
Gen 3: Rayquaza (I dont own Ruby or Sapphire) (I like the challenge of catching the roamers fairly)
Gen 4: Giratina/Arceus (Arceus only when I see my friend because sometimes he hacks stuff into my game without me knowing as a sort of weird gift)
Gen 5: I plan to use it on the Main Legend or my favorite Legend.

Whichever legend I like the most and plan on using. (checking IV's)

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
In Diamond I used it on Dialga (I was a n00b, okay!). But apart from that, I've never used my Master Ball on any other games. I think I'm too scared to use it in case I want it again and I don't have one :p

Usually i save mines for a difficult catch or a risky shiny.

I used to use it on the game mascot :p Back when i didn't care about shinies or IVs or things like that.

Roll

Too busy to be busy
Roaming Legendaries.

I've used it so far on Latias, Cresselia, Entei, and Thundurus, although I did use a Master Ball on Groudon since I was underleveled when I faced it and didn't want to bother training.