• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you use your Master Balls on, if you didn't use it on the main legendary?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I can't remember ever using a master ball on a legendary, I've got three at the moment on Diamond (one from fire red and one from emerald) that I'm saving for Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus when the events finally come to Britain.

turtle_chris

Random Reckoner
I never use masterballs on the main legendary I always use them on either the running or fleeing legendaries like latios or uxie or when I see a shiny pokemon

Kites

Champ In The Making
I used mine on a pikachu. =\

I have like 8 more though, off of wifi.

turtle_chris

Random Reckoner
I get all my masterballs of emerald or ruby I usually attach them onto pokemon in the pal park;munchlax;

Profesco

gone gently
I play through every game at least ten times, and collect the better items to trade over to my main game, my 'base of operations.' Then I catch the Legendaries on only one or two games. So, I never run out of Master Balls.

MidnightStorm

I'm saving mine for Arceus because it's going to be a PAIN to catch. Since I have three, I might save it if I find a shiny exploding Pokemon like Graveler.

txdaan

Who reads this is...
I always get a Masterball in the lottery in every game, even on those of my friends, so now I have about 8 Masterballs left, WITHOUT restarting.

Things I used them on:
Yellow: Articuno and nothing.
Silver: Entei, Suicune.
FireRed: Mewtwo.
Emerald: Rayquaza, transferred 7.
Diamond: Dialga, Mesprit, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Gible(I was so happy after 17 hours of searching, I just caught it and it appeared to have the right Nature and good IV's, so I trained it too!) and Rotom.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
Well, supposing I caught some legendaries (those who don't run away) without using the Master Ball, I'd probably use it to a Legendary that often runs away. I already used my M. Ball to Cresselia in Diamond, so I might have a hard time catching Mesprit. x_X

Otherwise, if not a legendary, I'd probably use it to a shiny & rare Pokemon.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
I use my Masterballs on everything. Cloning is your friend in 3rd Gen/4th Gen. In the 1st Gen I accidentally used mine on a Weezing...Gold/Silver I always waited for the legendaries.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I only use them, as most of you said, on running legendary, especially Crescelia. But now, in my new game I'm not going to use them. They just require a lot of patience and a well-trained Wobbuffet :)

Last edited:

ResidentEcruteak

I probably save the master ball for shaymin.

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice
I hold it for a shiny i use ultra balls on legends but if i dont find a shiny i trade it to the next gen if i can or have a pokemon hold it in the box/storage games till I restart my game so i always have it for them

Orihime

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
@ResEcru:, shaymin is so easy to catch it isn't even funny