• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you want from the Pokemon Adventures manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
One thing I really want from PokeSpe is a break from all the plot and seeing the daily lives of the characters, the 'dexholders especially, and daily interactions with the others. Like Platinum fan stated, seeing scenes like the girls having a day to themselves or mundane stuff like that would be a great welcome. (Naturally, I don't want any romance subplots, just good old friendship.)

The older 'dexholders need this more than the newer, really. I want to see the characters being themselves rather than being the heroes. Some of them are kids, after all. Plus, I'm insanely curious as to what teenagers do in the Pokemon world.

That's what fan fiction is for.
By the way, your statement of "attempt" is false, they weren't even trying to begin with. In With The Will there's an user who has been able to e-mail some people from the staff. Apparently, 02 was threatened by Bandai, something like "Why are you even trying? this is a kids's show", so yeah, executive meddling is part of the reason why the series turned bad. Someone actually suggested a 02 sequel, but Tamers was already in production (in fact, Tamers got the green lights very early), and Bandai decided "no more Adventure sequels", then they did that ending as a way to prevent further sequels. Basically, the ending was not supposed to be good, it was just made to give a definitive ending so that further sequels were impossible.

This is the kind of trivia I love to know, so thanks for this. I've heard quite a few comments that 02 had issues with the staff like the one of directors who kept stating stuff like, "Don't make it too dark! It's a kid's show!" and nonsense like that. So, it came from the higher ups.... The one thing I never understood is why the executives would meddle in such a way when 02 was getting such high ratings. The Adventure timeline has always got the highest ratings. Perhaps 02 was green-lighted by mistake but Bandai didn't want to own up that fact (considering Tamers got green-lighted so early).

About Deoxys, I look back to,

Team Rocket accidentally hear about existence of Deoxys in Hoenn.

They identified Deoxys is powerful Pokemon, and also know Deoxys can see from afar.

Therefore, the purpose of stealing Deoxys just for the cause of Team Rocket.

Search Silver is just exactly. ;071;

Yes, that makes sense, but considering searching for Silver was a new objective for TR that was only really brought up in FRLG, suddenly going for Deoxys feels like a huge jump.

If Sakaki has simply told us that he has tried other methods or if we had flashbacks along with more clarity on the purpose of Deoxys, it would of worked better. The manga never attempts to make us believe that Silver was what TR was always after or that Deoxys was last option left. Since the writing never attempts to do any of that is why I feel like it doesn't make sense nor works.

The whole thing with "Deoxys is for Silver" was poorly thought out. Good idea, bad execution.

Last edited:

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Honestly? I want more creative liberties (evil gym leaders, Pokemon more true to their dex entries, etc.), likable characters, a more original story, no forced romance (or any romance at all), no generic villains *coughguildhideoutcough*, etc.

matt0044

^To be honest, I don't think sticking to the game plots is all that bad so long as there's a twist to it. Though much more creative liberties would be cool like how the Badge quest plot was taken out for the GSC arc. That was interesting.

Ludger

スポック
Well I love how they Make Hugh Main character and not the normal Name-Product ones. And I am more Interested after the "Star Trek" stuffs come into the manga. But I am wanting Pokemon Adventure having somekind of thing that is more than a normal character developement, having somekind and something more than a normal dramatic story filled with Fague(Like Emerald, we doesn't even know where he came from or who was his family), a story that is unpredictable(Like Pryce ones), a better cliffhanger. Anything new and surprising but still make sense. Apparently I am still love this manga is not filled with something stupid like Fan Service(Unlike most of Mangas and I think the Reason why they move it to CoroCoro Ichiban Magz, with exception of Sapphire), so keep it ;).

Last edited:

DarkquazaEX

I wish they could catch a legendary Pokemon and keep it like how Diamond has regigigas. That would be cool cause that would make
them powerful

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I wish they could catch a legendary Pokemon and keep it like how Diamond has regigigas. That would be cool cause that would make
them powerful

Blue has captured the legendary birds. It's not stated that she released them and we haven't seen them in the wild either, so I assume that she keeps them in the box and Black will get Reshiram.

Macromind101

I wish White would get Zekrom eventually just to even out the balance between the two generations in the manga. I mean, even in the games, N doesn't keep his dragon by the end. It would be pretty epic for Black and White to fight Ghetsis's Kyurem with Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. N wouldn't have the heart to fight his own father and White needs some playing time. And don't respond with "female characters never fight in major battles", yes they do. Green and Yellow were in the Saffron City battle (well not Yellow but she wasn't introduced yet) and the Elite Four battle at Cerise Island, Crystal fought with Suicune against the Masked Man, Sapphire was there with Ruby when fighting Maxie and Archie as well as Guile in Emerald, and Platinum arguably had the spotlight in DP and Platinum.

Ludger

スポック
I wish White would get Zekrom eventually just to even out the balance between the two generations in the manga. I mean, even in the games, N doesn't keep his dragon by the end. It would be pretty epic for Black and White to fight Ghetsis's Kyurem with Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. N wouldn't have the heart to fight his own father and White needs some playing time.
That would explain combined signature moves with doubled force as they used together, or N and Ghetesis would do the legendary "Reichenbach Fall" ending that N would sacrifice his live to kill Ghetesis because he felt he doing nothing and became a tool instead.

ray243

One thing I really want from PokeSpe is a break from all the plot and seeing the daily lives of the characters, the 'dexholders especially, and daily interactions with the others. Like Platinum fan stated, seeing scenes like the girls having a day to themselves or mundane stuff like that would be a great welcome. (Naturally, I don't want any romance subplots, just good old friendship.)

The older 'dexholders need this more than the newer, really. I want to see the characters being themselves rather than being the heroes. Some of them are kids, after all. Plus, I'm insanely curious as to what teenagers do in the Pokemon world.

This! I couldn't agree more. I think one of the main reason why Digimon adventures were so successful is that they manage to develop a plot that showcase how the protagonist go about their normal day lives.

Teenagers will go out with each other on dates, protagonists will visit each other's home to have fun, kids have to deal with their parents and etc. All these scenes makes the series feel more relatable to the viewers.

Trutown

Doctor
Logistics. I would love to know where the evil Teams find so many people to help them in their plans. Do they grow them, or do they all just share an insanely good human resources department?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Logistics. I would love to know where the evil Teams find so many people to help them in their plans. Do they grow them, or do they all just share an insanely good human resources department?

I wanna know just what's up with the Galactic Grunts.

matt0044

That's something Pokemon all around (not just Special) is know for though I myself have questioned this. I'm sure the grunts have their reasons. Sadly, they're not exactly the focus.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
That's something Pokemon all around (not just Special) is know for though I myself have questioned this. I'm sure the grunts have their reasons. Sadly, they're not exactly the focus.

Well I think team Magma and Aqua can be explainable. Seeing how Archie and Maxie are, I'm sure they sweet talked their members. Pryce kinda brainwashed the leftover Team ROcket members, like team Galactic and Ghetsis just lied to the Pokemon version of PETA. Now Giovanni... maybe it's his radiation. You've seen how loyal those grunts are to him and he seriously has dignity. he praised Red for his honesty and wanted him in Team Rocket for that reason.

Trutown

Doctor
Well I think team Magma and Aqua can be explainable. Seeing how Archie and Maxie are, I'm sure they sweet talked their members. Pryce kinda brainwashed the leftover Team ROcket members, like team Galactic and Ghetsis just lied to the Pokemon version of PETA. Now Giovanni... maybe it's his radiation. You've seen how loyal those grunts are to him and he seriously has dignity. he praised Red for his honesty and wanted him in Team Rocket for that reason.

How do the authorities never realize that these people are amassing such large forces of people? What are the major stories that tell how they joined? Were they poor with nowhere to go, were they truly caught up in the idea of being a part of a larger cause, or were they all just taken against their wills? I mean, for Batman villains can be explained that crazy people attract other crazy people, but most of the villains here are all pretty sane (for the most part).

matt0044

How do the authorities never realize that these people are amassing such large forces of people? What are the major stories that tell how they joined? Were they poor with nowhere to go, were they truly caught up in the idea of being a part of a larger cause, or were they all just taken against their wills? I mean, for Batman villains can be explained that crazy people attract other crazy people, but most of the villains here are all pretty sane (for the most part).

Yet another one of the many mysteries of Pokemon...

Trutown

Doctor
Another thing that I would like to see is better character arcs. Many of the Dex Holders (specifically in the RBG through GSC arcs) either have no character arcs or don't have very good arcs at all. I have some examples below.

Red: Red's character arc is brought up at the same time that it is resolved. There is little evidence of his flaws being an issue at any time other than the first round, and it is only addressed and resolved at the last round of RBG.

Blue: Blue faces the same problem as Red. See above.

Green: She actually has a character arc that is pretty good, but it could have been addressed better. It seems that the problem of her past is what her issue is and that she must learn to move on from it. However, the idea of her facing her past is done through her facing her fear of birds. In my opinion, it shouldn't have been done that way. The struggle should have been stated outright, and the phobia she got as a result of her past should have been something she kept. Making everything about the phobia turns her struggle into "facing her fears" instead of "facing her past".

Yellow: Yellow has all of the characteristics of a Mary Sue. She has no struggle outside of finding Red in her chapter and she is a pacifist. It would be nice to see some more exploration of the differences between her personality and her powers (considering how destructive they are) but I'm not holding out any hope for that.

Silver: Silver actually has a good character arc, so I won't say much.

Gold: Gold never changes at all. He is always selfish and his "final characterization" at the end of GSC only cements this fact. Selfishness is not a good character trait and the fact that Gold thinks that that is a good part of his character is pretty bad. Good characters change and grow beyond their issues. Gold's selfishness and immaturity gets him in several bad situations, but he never learns from it. He only fights for himself and not for others.

Crystal: Like Gold, Crystal never grows as a character. What is supposed to act as her character growth in Mt. Mortor amounts to an 80's training montage without the awesome music. She never grows beyond her overly serious attitude, and the narrative acts like a no-nonsense attitude is a good thing (when in it really shouldn't). For some reason, the narrative acts like Crystal is always in the right when she and Gold have a disagreement. The narrative should instead play it straight and realize that there are pros and cons to both of their personalities and have them grow in positive directions.

Ruby: Ruby has a character arc that is pretty good. To bad the Emerald chapter forgot about it.

Sapphire: Sapphire has no character arc. As far as the narrative is concerned, Sapphire is always in the right. She never grows to see that what Ruby does is just as good as what she does and she never goes beyond her very violent and, as Ruby says, barbaric attitude. I am all for some of the better parts of feminism and all of that (in regards to seeing women as politically equal to men), but I do think there is a point where you can go too far. Sapphire is too far.

Emerald: Emerald has character development. It is stupid and contrived, but it is development none-the-less. His development is not necessary to the plot that he is apart of and it would have been much better to replace his character with someone interesting like Wally (who actually had good development in the Ruby and Sapphire arc).

Oddly enough, I don't have any complaints about the Dex Holders after Emerald. They have development and that development is necessary to the plots they are apart of.

Status
Not open for further replies.