• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you want on Serebii.net?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
(strictly related to Gen VI stuff, not past stuff)For every instance in which you have to show a picture of a Pokemon, such as in the Gen VI Pokedex, or the Gym Leader/Elite Four listings, instead of using a screenshot rip of the Pokemon's 3D model, why not just use the official Sugimori art? The textures of the models in X/Y are directly taken from the Sugimori art, and Bulbapedia is going with using official art rather than trying to rip the 3D models. I just feel like that would look a lot better and professional, the model stills don't really look that great, especially because some of them are ripped from the in-game Pokedex that has the annoying grid-pattern overlay.

I know that some Pokemon don't have their official art revealed yet, so you could just use the 3D model still as a placeholder until the official art is released.

EDIT: mockup of what I mean:
http://i40.*******.com/24vr9ja.png

Using the artwork is not representative of the game. Using the in-game models is far more fitting and logical. It's not really relevant what other sites are doing just because they lack the capability of getting images from the game.

If I were to have a general Pokémon page, then sure I'd do it, but not for a game specific Pokédex.

wayrrr

It was the moment we added stats...

maybe it was with some things, but mega's aren't on there, and they're form's like deoxys forms, and mega mewtwo Y has highest sp. Atk. and fifth speed, according to the current pages I'm seeing.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Hi, I have been browsing the XY Pokédex but I don't see the Pokédex entry yet. When will that be added?

Thanks for your time: Pink Harzard

Recon

I think that you should add the Pokemon and number of turns your allowed for each meal at each of the restaurants. After playing them I noticed each battle's Pokemon and number of turns are consistent, so I think it may be fairly helpful if they were posted.

Chaos Rush

Using the artwork is not representative of the game. Using the in-game models is far more fitting and logical. It's not really relevant what other sites are doing just because they lack the capability of getting images from the game.

If I were to have a general Pokémon page, then sure I'd do it, but not for a game specific Pokédex.
It's not that other sites "lack the capability", as there's plenty of proof that they do have the capability, it's more like the 3D models were meant to be viewed in motion, rather than stills, as they look terrible that way (even worse with the grid overlay). And as I've already mentioned, the colors that the 3D models use are taken from the official art, so it is representative of the game (unlike past games where some Pokémon sprites had a noticeably different color than its official art, such as Bulbasaur and Golem, but that's irrelevant). It just seems really unprofessional coming from your site.(you don't have to reply to this, because I know now that you won't be changing it regardless)

Oh, and Cottonee is still missing it's B2/W2 sprite:
B/W:
Spr_5b_546.png

B2/W2:
Spr_5b2_546.png

And Arcanine is still missing it's B2/W2 palette change:
B/W:
Spr_5b_059.png

B2/W2:
Spr_5b2_059.png

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
It's not that other sites "lack the capability", as there's plenty of proof that they do have the capability, it's more like the 3D models were meant to be viewed in motion, rather than stills, as they look terrible that way (even worse with the grid overlay). And as I've already mentioned, the colors that the 3D models use are taken from the official art, so it is representative of the game (unlike past games where some Pokémon sprites had a noticeably different color than its official art, such as Bulbasaur and Golem, but that's irrelevant). It just seems really unprofessional coming from your site.(you don't have to reply to this, because I know now that you won't be changing it regardless)

Oh, and Cottonee is still missing it's B2/W2 sprite:
B/W:
Spr_5b_546.png

B2/W2:
Spr_5b2_546.png

And Arcanine is still missing it's B2/W2 palette change:
B/W:
Spr_5b_059.png

B2/W2:
Spr_5b2_059.png

Please, staff of that site publically said that they don't have the capability.

I fail to see how me using official images of the game seems unprofessional. The Pokédex is a representation of the data from the game and it's only logical to use them.

It's not logical to just say I don't use it because the colours match artwork.

If the pages were general pages, then sure using art makes sense, but not a Pokédex designed for one specific set of games.

ChadBoomgaarn

PKMN Master Chad
Could we get a better TCG Discussion area? That would be really great. I play alot of the TCG and it would be cool to discuss the new changes to the TCG (Such as Catcher now requiring a coin flip)

cwertle

Don't Blink!
Shiny images or "sprites" for X and Y

I.E. Like these
700.png

But shiny ofc.