• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you want on Serebii.net?

raichu27

I'd like to see a list of TMs, HMs, and what the moves are for the 1st & 2nd generation games pages, like there is for the 3rd to 6th generation.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Can you add Dream World moves and Event moves to Pokedex pages? Stuff like Rock Climb Tauros and Blue Flare Victini exist but those moves won't show up unless I dig around.

Commodore

I would like some sections of certain generations, especially the pages related to gym leaders and elite four, were more complete.

You look at these pages in the section Gen I (RBY) and see how the text is more complete, full details of the battles.

As the Gen becomes more current, the information is summarized to say the type of gym and the name of the badge and the TM that will be given if you win.

Example:

Sabrina in Yellow section - "Only accessible after the Rockets have been defeated, Sabrina's gym is a network of, you guessed it, teleporters. Have fun trying to navigate through this mess. Here's a hint - you will need to battle a few of the trainers, who use a combination of Psychic-types and Ghost-types. Slowbro and Mr. Mime are both favourite choices amongst the trainers. Sabrina's team itself uses three pure Psychic-types - the Abra family! Abra has no attacking moves and you can switch out when it Flashes, but the other two have very high Special and can hit hard with Psychic-type moves. This trio has horrid defenses so try to use attacks that fall under the physical category of types, but watch out - Alakazam is very fast and will use Reflect for support to double its defense. The TM for this match is TM46 Psywave, a move that randomly multiplies the enemies level and damages it accordingly."

Sabrina in HGSS section - "The next gym you'll find is likely to be the Saffron City gym within Saffron City. Like the previous games, the Saffron City gym features a Warp Tile puzzle where you need to find your way to Sabrina via the Warp tiles. Once you reach the end of the Gym, you will encounter the Saffron City Gym Leader; Sabrina"

Or Giovanni in Yellow - "The mysterious gym you passed by at the start of your adventure is now ready to be faced...and it's home to none other than your old nemesis Giovanni! The puzzle in this gym is another of those confusing arrow spinning mazes like in his Rocket Game Corner hideout. It's a real hassle but in the middle of the gym there's a Revive waiting for you should you need it. The trainers here are not Rocket Grunts but in fact Cooltrainers, Black Belts, and Jugglers: they also use a wide variety of Pokemon types including Normal, Poison, Fighting, and Rock. However, the main focus here is still Ground-types. Giovanni himself will try to bring you down in a plethora of ways; he'll mix brawn with brains, status with raw power, and whittling you down with direct one hit knockout. Persian will try to annoy you with Double Team. His Rhydon, a fearsome Pokemon on its own merit, uses a one hit knock out move, two power STAB boosted attacks, and the much less threatening Fury Attack. Dugtrio's Sand-Attack coupled with already ferocious Speed is extremely annoying, and Nidoqueen's extremely high powered moveset boasting Thunder and Earthquake can give you trouble for days if you don't pack Max Potions. Give this team a taste of Water-type moves: while Grass-type moves are handy for Rhydon, they are nulled by Nidoking and Nidoqueen, whereas a solid Surf or Hydro Pump can sweep his entire team just as well. The prize for this match is both entry to Pokemon League and TM27 Fissure, the nightmarish OHKO move used on you in this match. Save it for the Pokemon League!"

Giovanni in FRLF - "After you have collected the seven other Badges and completed the quest in the Sevii Islands, the word is that Viridian City's Gym Leader has returned, and who should it be but the Team Rocket Boss Giovanni. The spinning tile maze here is similar to the one in the Celadon City Rocket Hideout. Giovanni's team now uses only Ground-types, and powerful ones to boot. When you defeat him you earn the Earth Badge, which allows you to control a Pokemon at any Level, as well as access to the Indigo Plateau west of Viridian City. You also get the TM for the strong Ground-type move Earthquake."

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
I would like the website to have mini games :3

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I would like some sections of certain generations, especially the pages related to gym leaders and elite four, were more complete.

You look at these pages in the section Gen I (RBY) and see how the text is more complete, full details of the battles.

As the Gen becomes more current, the information is summarized to say the type of gym and the name of the badge and the TM that will be given if you win.

Example:

Sabrina in Yellow section - "Only accessible after the Rockets have been defeated, Sabrina's gym is a network of, you guessed it, teleporters. Have fun trying to navigate through this mess. Here's a hint - you will need to battle a few of the trainers, who use a combination of Psychic-types and Ghost-types. Slowbro and Mr. Mime are both favourite choices amongst the trainers. Sabrina's team itself uses three pure Psychic-types - the Abra family! Abra has no attacking moves and you can switch out when it Flashes, but the other two have very high Special and can hit hard with Psychic-type moves. This trio has horrid defenses so try to use attacks that fall under the physical category of types, but watch out - Alakazam is very fast and will use Reflect for support to double its defense. The TM for this match is TM46 Psywave, a move that randomly multiplies the enemies level and damages it accordingly."

Sabrina in HGSS section - "The next gym you'll find is likely to be the Saffron City gym within Saffron City. Like the previous games, the Saffron City gym features a Warp Tile puzzle where you need to find your way to Sabrina via the Warp tiles. Once you reach the end of the Gym, you will encounter the Saffron City Gym Leader; Sabrina"

Or Giovanni in Yellow - "The mysterious gym you passed by at the start of your adventure is now ready to be faced...and it's home to none other than your old nemesis Giovanni! The puzzle in this gym is another of those confusing arrow spinning mazes like in his Rocket Game Corner hideout. It's a real hassle but in the middle of the gym there's a Revive waiting for you should you need it. The trainers here are not Rocket Grunts but in fact Cooltrainers, Black Belts, and Jugglers: they also use a wide variety of Pokemon types including Normal, Poison, Fighting, and Rock. However, the main focus here is still Ground-types. Giovanni himself will try to bring you down in a plethora of ways; he'll mix brawn with brains, status with raw power, and whittling you down with direct one hit knockout. Persian will try to annoy you with Double Team. His Rhydon, a fearsome Pokemon on its own merit, uses a one hit knock out move, two power STAB boosted attacks, and the much less threatening Fury Attack. Dugtrio's Sand-Attack coupled with already ferocious Speed is extremely annoying, and Nidoqueen's extremely high powered moveset boasting Thunder and Earthquake can give you trouble for days if you don't pack Max Potions. Give this team a taste of Water-type moves: while Grass-type moves are handy for Rhydon, they are nulled by Nidoking and Nidoqueen, whereas a solid Surf or Hydro Pump can sweep his entire team just as well. The prize for this match is both entry to Pokemon League and TM27 Fissure, the nightmarish OHKO move used on you in this match. Save it for the Pokemon League!"

Giovanni in FRLF - "After you have collected the seven other Badges and completed the quest in the Sevii Islands, the word is that Viridian City's Gym Leader has returned, and who should it be but the Team Rocket Boss Giovanni. The spinning tile maze here is similar to the one in the Celadon City Rocket Hideout. Giovanni's team now uses only Ground-types, and powerful ones to boot. When you defeat him you earn the Earth Badge, which allows you to control a Pokemon at any Level, as well as access to the Indigo Plateau west of Viridian City. You also get the TM for the strong Ground-type move Earthquake."

The Gen IV sections are on the redo list. However, I will note that fluff for the sake of fluff is not how we go about things.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Umm... If its possible, could you make it so we could upload our own avatars please.

Vindle

It'd be nice if maybe we could have people who proofread and edit the writing on the site? I notice frequent spelling and grammar mistakes across the site. If I'm to be honest, since the site is a resource for countless amounts of people, I think correct spelling and grammar throughout the site is necessary. Many times the writing also does not flow together. So overall, just a better quality of writing, please?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
It'd be nice if maybe we could have people who proofread and edit the writing on the site? I notice frequent spelling and grammar mistakes across the site. If I'm to be honest, since the site is a resource for countless amounts of people, I think correct spelling and grammar throughout the site is necessary. Many times the writing also does not flow together. So overall, just a better quality of writing, please?

I will be going over the Sun & Moon section over the next couple of weeks, don't worry. This is a one-man show though and I have a lot to do so sometimes the writing gets a bit lax

raichu27

Do you think there could be a list of what Pokemon can learn a certain move in Sun & Moon that they couldn't in the past generations?

Example: Lunatone(Gen. 3 Pokemon) and Diancie(Gen. 6 Pokemon) being to learn Power Gem.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
This is probably SUPER old/useless/dated but I'm curious if we can add it (since, wynaut?).

The old DP page shows the Union Room avatar possibilities, however it does NOT have the calculator added. I know global wifi is dead, but for those who want a certain one for at least local play or personal RP or whatever would be nice.

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/multiavatar.shtml

I know metalkids had a calculator at one point, but it's been removed from the site.

Good news however, is that I cracked the calculator last weekened (I reset HG and REALLY wanted that Ruin Maniac/Ace Trainer combo lol). It's really simple, and I will give a sample below if anyone is interested. The only thing though is that I don't have all the combos matched to ID possibilities (this is easy to do if you use, um, unlawful means) that I don't have time for.

Let's call each selection of 4 trainers you can be called a "Set". There are only 8 possible 'sets' possible per gender (as shown on the page). What determines your 'set' is taking your ID number, converting it to binary, and looking at the last 3 digits.

Ex:
ID: 37668
Converted to Binary: 01001001100100100
Last 3 Digits: 100
Set: 3rd from the top on the page listed above

How this works is that in binary, the last 3 digits can equal 0-7 (which gives us the 8 sets). I managed to find out a few sets trying to solve the equation too (actually using ID's posted in metalkids old thread lol):

Male

111 = 7 = Set 5
110 = 6 = Set 8?
100 = 4 = Set 3
011 = 3 = Set 6
010 = 2 = Set 2
001 = 1 = Set 7
000 = 0
101 = 5 = Set 1

Female

111 = 7 = Set 8
110 = 6 = Set 2
100 = 4
011 = 3
010 = 2 = Set 3
001 = 1 = Set 6
000 = 0
101 = 5 = Set 7

You can use other 'simpler' calculators probably to figure out each ID (such as all ID's that are multiples of 4 = set 3) but converting to binary, and looking at the 0-7 value seems easiest. I'm sure if someone wants to make this calculator they know what I'm getting at XD. However, because of how this system works, some sets are easier to roll than others. Again, this is KINDA outdated, but considering the equation isn't on bulbapedia or serebii I don't see why we can't add it even just for completions sake.

Last edited:

Zyst

It would be cool if the attackdexes (at least in SM, haven't checked the others) could show all/hidden abilities for the Pokemon that can learn moves by TM. Example page I'm recognizing is the false swipe page. You can notice a Pokemon like Farfetch'd has all 3 abilities shown in the level up section, but only 2 of its abilities in the TM section.

Recon

Is there an anime bio for Gladion yet? We've seen that he's a recurring character and not just a one-off

I think it would be neat if the character bios included an honorable mention section listing Pokemon the characters attempted to catch. It's just fun to think about how the anime would have turned out differently (at least in terms of the flow of various battles) if the characters had ended up catching the various Pokemon they tried to but missed out on, like the Weedle Ash tried to catch right after he caught Caterpie. For simplicity you could have some special criteria for making the list like "they must have at least gotten far enough to have thrown a Pokeball at it" because, let's face it, the list would be tremendous if it just included every Pokemon the characters ever expressed any interest in catching.

Brittje

Hello! My name is Britt and I'm new on Serebii. Been here before but never used it because the forum thing is also new for me.
I played Pokémon Y for a while till my 3ds broke. Since I have a new 3ds I started all over.

I was ones pretty good at breeding, and want to see if I still am. But a few years ago I could always make people happy if I breed 5-6IV pokémon.
I don't know what the best thread is to post this, but where can I ask for perfect IV ditto, and where can I give pokémon away on this forum?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread!

DragenDragonite

I would like the search function to work in firefox.

I have 58.0.1 (64-bit) version at the moment, but the thing is that it has never worked with firefox (not in my case anyways).

Whenever I use the search function, it just returns with an empty search result. Looking at the adressbar, it looks like it did the search, however, nothing is shown on the page.