1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want to see in a Let's Go Adaptation? Ash's return to Kanto?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by shoz999, Sep 25, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

Go crazy. There's a lot more interesting possibilities for a revisit to Kanto than you may think. For example a lot of Pokemon fans do think that the Indigo League series wasn't a proper adaptation of Kanto and considering the amount of experience the Pokemon animation team has built over the years from XYZ, an adaptation that you could say is even better than the games in many ways, there's a lot of opportunities here actually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Summary of what I've always wanted to see in a possible Let's Go adaptation
    • Leaf/Blue make a first-time appearance in the anime, possibly owning Eevee.
    • Ash, Gary and Leaf travelling together as a trio, gives more character development to Gary and Leaf as travelling companions instead of rivals. I always felt there wasn't enough character development for Gary, who is a childhood friend of Ash.
    • Ash, Gary and Leaf re-challenging the Indigo League. Ash wins the Indigo League.
    • Remeeting Kanto's Gym Leader. Similar XYZ, dedicated storylines and hi-packed choregraphed animated action scenes for each and every Gym Leader. For example, Surge's Raichu has a particular fighting style with it's sharp "Iron" tail.
    • Janine making her first introduction!
    • A more gorgeous take on Kanto, similar to the "I Choose You" movie adaptation.
    • Other supporting characters giving storylines or making first-time appearances, like Bill.
    • Similar to one of the greatest Pokemon battles in Pokemon history, Pokemon Adventures featuring the battle between Red v. Giovanni, have Ash's dream team defeat Giovanni's diverse team of non-Ground types forcing the Rocket Boss to use his most poweful Ground-Types that he hasn't used in a long time due to his boredom of how he's gotten too strong over the years.
    • Ash defeating Team Rocket forcing Giovanni to abandon Team Rocket. Giovanni reveals his reasons for creating Team Rocket, for the sake of being the strongest Pokemon trainer. This sudden shocking unexpected change in Team Rocket leads to an interesting hint that James, Jessie and Meowth have a different change in goals, looking for their charismatic leader who disappeared. In the games and manga, many of Giovanin's loyal grunts do the exact same thing, searching where Giovanni has gone to.
    • Ash, Gary and Leaf turns 11, the appropriate age of becoming a Pokemon Trainer in the games and manga.
    • If Ash owns the Eevee, I'm hoping it evolves into an Espeon in the future like Red's Espeon from the games.
    • Whatever happened to Pidgeotto and Butterfree?
    • The anime leaves a question behind, what will Ash do at this point? Will he pass the baton to a new protagonist or will he keep it to himself. In Pokemon Adventures, Red passes the baton pass, the role of Protagonist, to Gold. What does Gold do? HE BREAKS IT, splitting the baton pass into two, sharing the spotlight with Red giving the idea that Pokemon Adventures doesn't have to completely follow the games.
    • I suppose what I'm asking is for a more dedicated story line to that of the games and Let's Go is the perfect opportunity for that!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    PorcelainVulpix and Redstar45 like this.
  2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

Make another series similar to the Battle Frontier. Have Lillie challenge the gyms and Ash something else. Also have Pokemon from all the past series appear. Iris should get a guest appearance as well.

3. shoz999

Not familiar with Iris in the anime. Haven't reached the Black and White anime season yet lol. In Pokemon Adventures, she's one of the main protagonist's rivals challenging him in the final rounds of the Pokemon League, aiming for Pokemon Champion to become the ultimate Dragon Master with her Haxorus by her side! How's she in the anime, I'd think it'd be pretty cool to see her in the Kanto region considering her awesome role in the manga. Not to mention she owns a Lapras! It's the perfect gen 1 draconian-like companion to be revisited in Kanto. Although I guess there's Lorelei.

[​IMG]

Genaller likes this.
  4. JC317

JC317 Active Member

The anime version of Iris has a fear of ice types, so she probably won't ever go near a Lapras, let alone own one.

5. shoz999

Sounds kind of off for the future Pokemon Champion. I suppose all the more interesting if they ever make an episode where Iris gets over this fear by befriending a Lapras!

6. JC317

JC317 Active Member

Iris already got a special episode to herself, so to be honest I would much rather Serena appear in a special episode since she hasn't had one yet. Maybe a special where she meets May in Hoenn, and have their eeveelutions face off.

Only problem is that such a special won't be promoting LGPE, so I'm kind of straying off-topic here...

7. shoz999

Go crazy. Imagine all the character cameos you want that can somehow fit in Kanto. For example, I know a lot of fans want to see Serena back.

8. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

Have Ash w/ Pikachu, the main Pokeboys (Brock, Clemont, Kiawe, etc.) & the LGPE male protag getting kidnapped & brainwashed by a powerful original evil team, and it's up to the main Pokegirls (Misty, Dawn, Serena, etc.) + the LGPE female protag w/ Eevee to save them & the world.

I know it's very unlikely that this kind of scenario would happen but you wrote that I go all crazy and I did. Actually, it was meant to be a possible sequel of my recent fan project and they were my messages that I'm having none of the show status quo issues.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  9. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Mine is pretty much same with Ash reach his 11th birthday and re-meet leaf and this world's yellow and is traveling with gary
    -Dealing misty and Serena feel toward Ash (that part is not in my fan story by way)
    -Team rockets vs Ash and his team seekers in rocket wars !
    -Daisy oak show up in the Pokemon anime first time and is leaf and sliver's boss.
    -Janine is work under her aunt aya as her father koga is getting ready for joining the johto elite four
    -Ash acually own Poilwag since he was five and it is same one scare Serena when she is in the oak's summer camp with ash and leaf and yellow and Gary but he is forced by his mother to put it back in wild in the Pokemon anime but in mine he kept it all the times
    -ash should start wear bit like red outfits from the frgl game
    -some of the elements of Pokemon special should allow add in the Pokemon anime universe.
    -and ~Maybe leaf is afraid of bird hint some gs arc did happened in her past ~
    And Ash wiil feel about that ?;)

This is most in my fan story....... well not all of em

shoz999 likes this.
  10. Genaller

Genaller I have been freed!

Yeah I have to say it; anime Iris is gutter trash compared to her game and manga personas.

Anyways I’d like the following:

— Ash wins the regional league in Alola there by finally gaining access to the Champions’ League (assuming the Alola league is accredited as equivalent to the other league conferences)
    — Ash and Lillie have an arc in Kanto where Ash does Champions’ League stuff (whatever that entails) while also serving as Lillie’s mentor, and Lillie can do the Kanto badge quest
    — During the Kanto arc Ash utilizes Pokémon from every region he’s travelled to
    — By the end of the arc Ash beats Lance to become the dual regional champion of Kanto and Johto finally ending his tenure in the series as MC!

I know the last 1 will never happen but you did say to go nuts ;).

Redstar45 and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  11. Ignition

Ignition Aizawa is my mood 25/8

An arc where Ash goes back to Kanto to train his Pokémon by going through Kanto again since he misses battling gyms. Pidgeot, Butterfree, Haunter, Primeape, and Lapras would return. Have the LGPE protag be under the mentorship of the Kanto champion (I don't remember if Lance is the champion of Kanto too in the anime).

shoz999 and PorcelainVulpix like this.
  12. Genaller

Lance is the champion of Kanto + Johto in the anime ( at least he was during Johto and Hoenn).

13. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

the problem is that the hypothetical LGPE arc would end up lasting 30-ish episodes at most, so not that much could be covered

14. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

I'd like to see Ash go back to Kanto and meet up with Leaf, whom he remembers from his childhood. She's a former Kanto League Champion, but has challenged other regions, becoming the World Champion, and has since become one of the Pokémon G-Men and is going after Team Rocket. He'd rechallenge the Kanto League and win it, managing to barely beat her after a tie-breaker match. They would then have a climactic showdown with Team Rocket, defeating their ultimate plan for taking over the world. I'd also go into some (but not too much since this is still a kid-friendly show) detail as to the darker things Team Rocket has done, such as killing Pokémon like the Marowak in the Pokémon Tower, a certain event in Ash's life, things that real life mafia and yakuza organizations do, etcetera. Ultimately, Team Rocket would finally be destroyed, with many Rocket casualties/fatalities along the way. Those who didn't die would be arrested and stay in jail. We'd see some of Leaf's backstory of her being kidnapped by Team Rocket to become an agent for them to infiltrate the League, but she managed to escape and has been their worst nightmare ever since. I'd also have her be Ash's sister, something he forgot about because when TR kidnapped Leaf, they had intended to get both her and Ash, but she sacrificed herself to save Ash and his and his mother's memory were ultimately altered so that they never remembered her. Leaf would also be a codename for her.

We'd also find out about Ash and Leaf's father and why we've never seen him before. After Leaf's kidnapping, he had pursued them in an attempt to rescue her, but TR found him engaged him. After a vicious battle, that some other past Rockets had participated in, they overwhelmed him with sheer numbers and left him for dead. He survived, though, eventually recovered. He has been quietly watching over Ash, Leaf, and Delia ever since, not getting too close to them for fear of Team Rocket going after them. He would reveal his survival once Giovanni is seemingly killed off in the final battle and the rest of Team Rocket's leadership is either arrested or dead. I'd leave it ambiguous as to whether or not Giovanni died. I'd have the final episode or two being the reunion of the Ketchum family and have the series end on a high note for Ash.

As for Jessie, James, and Meowth, after Giovanni's defeat and likely death, they would at first be aimless, but ultimately decide to follow Ash to the next region to not only get Pikachu, but ultimately avenge Giovanni's defeat and to also search for evidence of his ultimate fate and, barring finding him, the restoration of Team Rocket. This would be their crowning, and final, heel-turn moment, though. They would truly devote themselves to the ideals of Team Rocket and all the evil they do to honor Giovanni's memory and legacy. There would still be some humorous moments, but you would never feel sorry for them if Ash and friends just went to town on them for an episode or two.

shoz999 likes this.
  15. Genaller

There’s a simple solution; NO FILLER!!!

16. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

Only in a perfect world

17. shoz999

I'd say over 50 episodes at least, from 2018 to 2019, from Let's Go to Gen 8.

18. Apslup

Apslup Saiyan/Namekian Warrior

Though everyone's ideas are really good but if they do an anime version of LGPE I will stop watching the anime since I'm very Anti-LGPE. Also they'll probably not do any of these fun and cool ideas but instead do a very by-the-books anime where Ash does goes through the Gyms that caters to Kids, Casual fans and Normies

Ignition likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I don't see what a return trip to Kanto would accomplish story-wise. Satoshi did that in AG already, and yet we only got a few references to OS while the other 95% of what was seen was completely new.

20. lolipiece

lolipiece ✧* Ladies ~ *✧ Staff Member Moderator

We've done Kanto. Twice.

I cannot think of a legitimate benefit to doing it a third time outside of "we'll get to see characters like Lt. Surge or Erika again". Maybe Ash will finally defeat some of these Gym Leaders in proper battles this time? He did it with Misty, so how many are left?

Team Rocket ain't going away no matter how much people complain about it, nor do they really need to.

Janine finally debuting would require LGPE to acknowledge that Gen II and up exist, which isn't likely, but not completely impossible.